How often do you interact with hearing people?

I interact with hearing people every day. Some friends of mine are hearing, but the ones that are hearing are usually CODA'S. I don't base my opinion off of someone off whether they can hear or not. I base it off of the individual. Something I wish I had when interacting other than ASL? Nothing really, I get along just fine between my C.I. and ASL honestly. *shrug*

I don't mind socializing with hearing people as long as they're respectful of my inability to hear, we can all get along just fine. Again, I base my opinions off the individual, not their lack or gift of hearing, either way.

umm...there is hearing people here does that count like interaction with hearing people?(im kind apart fo that hearing people)

Is there a reason as to why some of you don't like to socialize with hearing people?

Hearing people moving their mouths are sooooo annoying! :lol:

ALL THE TIME! From friends to downright unassuming idiots, take your pick.

Unfortunately, I'm an idiot magnet. :laugh2: That's OK, I introduce them to my alter ego bitch with a *snap* *snap* and a twist baby! ;) ;)

67933-nostalgia-chick-oh-snap-oh-no-MZ8K.gif

:laugh2:

i play little games on my own. communication; finger spelling writing tx bsl all mishmash,..every so often i pack me bags and go off somewhere in europe i find that easy communicate unless it eastern europe that hard going...at home i go voice off for days i sure depression or pissed off reason .i hoping the new generation in my family bsl..as i on my own so much i talk to meself most of the time....i think it all depends who you with and situation

Thanks for all the responses.

Do you think that hearing folks look down on deaf people in general? I've only met one profoundly deaf individual and she was such an inspiration to me (story in my profile Comments section).

Thanks for all the responses.

Do you think that hearing folks look down on deaf people in general? I've only met one profoundly deaf individual and she was such an inspiration to me (story in my profile Comments section).

I would not worry about who is looking down at me. I would rather focus on people who I can look up to rather than people who are looking down on me. Yes, I made that one up!! Am I intelligent or what???

I would not worry about who is looking down at me. I would rather focus on people who I can look up to rather than people who are looking down on me. Yes, I made that one up!! Am I intelligent or what???

You are :)

There are two ways people achieve equality: by pulling oneself up, or pulling others down. Those who find the need to look down are inherently insecure and try to achieve equality by pulling someone else down.

looking up to successful, happy people for their secrets to happiness, rather than finding fault is indeed going to mean 'investing in good karma' rather than hunting for cracks on sideways (oh crap i made that up too!)...but absolutely yes!, its a sign of having own spine to think for yourself, I do that too...I like that style/approach of viewing life, and i wish people would do this more often.

I can't remember 'what I have made up' but there's a few, and on creativity, i recalled (i drew some of the most amazing car designs, in my teens...30 years later car designers are now conceptualizing it ...duh!...i will have to dig in for that old log book, scan it and show you soon in AD.
i reckon, (i plan to do this too) it's good idea to google find some articles to read on 'creativity' what it means, and there's countless ways of what it means...
in a way, I think means your mind is alive...not a follower

looking up to successful, happy people for their secrets to happiness, rather than finding fault is indeed going to mean 'investing in good karma' rather than hunting for cracks on sideways (oh crap i made that up too!)...but absolutely yes!, its a sign of having own spine to think for yourself, I do that too...I like that style/approach of viewing life, and i wish people would do this more often.

I can't remember 'what I have made up' but there's a few, and on creativity, i recalled (i drew some of the most amazing car designs, in my teens...30 years later car designers are now conceptualizing it ...duh!...i will have to dig in for that old log book, scan it and show you soon in AD.
i reckon, (i plan to do this too) it's good idea to google find some articles to read on 'creativity' what it means, and there's countless ways of what it means...

Wow, I love the one you created up. That is a great saying!!!

Haha good one! Yes please do, I'm curious to see your car designs.

i have to interact with hearing people at work at home with the family luckily most people i have to interact with are hearing signers but by choice i stay away from hearing people as much as i can, i dont have the patience of a saint to teach a hearing person sign lol

Back