How often do you interact with hearing people?

arao6

Reaction score
How often do you "hang out" with hearing people (e.g. go to movies, play games, social gatherings etc) and your experiences doing so?

What is one thing you wish you had (other than hearing) to help you communicate?

Last edited:
I wish that hearing people would be more conscious about my deafness. I feel embarrassed to tell them that I cannot hear difference between a Nissan Sentra engine and a 300 ZX twin turbo engine. However, I've that problem because of my deafness. It would be nice if hearing people would be more sympathy to me in that regard.

Really? Everyday, I do go outside and I all my neighbors are hearing people and .

"How often do you interact with hearing people? "

Unless we live in a world full of deaf people where hearing people were minorities, this question is silly. There's not many of us so obviously deaf people interact with hearing people all the time.

I wish that hearing people would be more conscious about my deafness. I feel embarrassed to tell them that I cannot hear difference between a Nissan Sentra engine and a 300 ZX twin turbo engine. However, I've that problem because of my deafness. It would be nice if hearing people would be more sympathy to me in that regard.

you should not feel embarrass about that , the person that is not understanding should be embarrass about that. When I was younger and someone said something to me and they got upset with me because I did not answer them I would say " I am HOH and did not hear you , now what is your problem ?" That would made some people feel embarrass getting upset with me.

Sorry, should rephrase my question :) How often do you "hang out" with hearing people (e.g. go to movies, play games, social gatherings etc) and your experiences doing so?

Edit: revised first post

never! I cant stand them.

you should not feel embarrass about that , the person that is not understanding should be embarrass about that. When I was younger and someone said something to me and they got upset with me because I did not answer them I would say " I am HOH and did not hear you , now what is your problem ?" That would made some people feel embarrass getting upset with me.

It frustrates me because those people like to brag about their turbocharged engine. I have no idea what they are talking about because I cannot hear the VROOOOM sounds of those engines. I feel left out. That is why I want to share the joy of turbocharging with Deaf people.

It frustrates me because those people like to brag about their turbocharged engine. I have no idea what they are talking about because I cannot hear the VROOOOM sounds of those engines. I feel left out. That is why I want to share the joy of turbocharging with Deaf people.

Turbo charging is over rated. I just want to meet signing deaf ferrets.

Bob, my deaf deceased ferret, never learned to sign and communicated exclusively with body language, although I must say he was very good at it.

Everyday. I don't know any other deaf or HoH people. ASL, I wish we all knew it, at least family. I'm late deafened so.......hopefully soon this will done. I just moved to Texas and I'm staying with my folks for a bit. My mom and had been talking about taking classes but now she's talking about hiring someone to come to us and teach my dad and my kids as well. :)

There's nothing special about a turbo engine. If anything, the noise is horrendously annoying, so I assure you that you're not missing out.

Everyday. I don't know any other deaf or HoH people. ASL, I wish we all knew it, at least family. I'm late deafened so.......hopefully soon this will done. I just moved to Texas and I'm staying with my folks for a bit. My mom and had been talking about taking classes but now she's talking about hiring someone to come to us and teach my dad and my kids as well. :)

Cool! I'm taking classes on ASL right now. I think it's a beautifully vivid language.

Never ever, ever.

There are hearing people using this forum. I never had a friend that deaf or HOH . I when to school with a girl that was HOH but I did not like her. I know a guy that HOH that I will run into once in awhile but we do not hang out together.

There are hearing people using this forum. I never had a friend that deaf or HOH . I when to school with a girl that was HOH but I did not like her. I know a guy that HOH that I will run into once in awhile but we do not hang out together.

Close to everyone in my family is deaf or hoh. Three of my grandchildren hearing , but my husband's side has a very dominant progressive loss, so don't know if that will last.

Both sons in law are hearing however.

True. Yesterday a friend who is Deaf and I were playing online (ArmA3), he was scouting with his UAV while I advanced through the enemy town. Suddenly I heard a siren and said, "oh crap", he said, "what?" and I said "Alarm is sounding, they spotted us".

There's nothing special about a turbo engine. If anything, the noise is horrendously annoying, so I assure you that you're not missing out..

Don't pay any attention to them, Derek! Turbos are great! My variable vane TDi would turn heads if I accelerated hard, it would go uphill faster than my normalt aspirated sports car, and dump valves make hearing people jump as the car goes past. Even turbo lag can be fun with that split second lull before it kicks in and suddenly catapults you forward!

Is there a reason as to why some of you don't like to socialize with hearing people?

If going to Cochlear Implant exercise-dances-is" socializing with hearing people"-all the time.

Is there a reason as to why some of you don't like to socialize with hearing people?

I had a hearing girlfriend. She didn't want to assist me with teaching her cat some ASL. I was on my own and overwhelmed. It would have been nice if my ex girlfriend would have tried to teach her cat some ASL to communicate with me, but she never tried.

Back