How many of you have something rare?

Just my Dad, Angel. I am researching it, it is over three times higher than last year. Last year was high. This year is over 911. The doctors are not real concerned. I look fine. I am complaining though, I do not feel like my normal self. I say that they look at me like I am nuts. I look healthier than all of them.

I'm surprised your doctors don't seem concerned. We can look fine on the outside and all hell is going on inside. I would definitely ask them to rerun the tests again. Something seems to be going on and if your doctors don't seem concerned, maybe find another doctor who will. I think researching is a very good idea. I'm not a doctor but I would bet your levels being that high has a big impact on the way you feel.

Good luck.....take care of yourself.

Smiles here... Thanks Angel. I am working on it. It is a way high number. They ran it twice.

In the trunk we have are 3 wedding gowns. My mother's, her mother's, and her grandmother's.

Also have Christening gowns for me, my mother, maternal grandmother and all her sisters.

Then, elsewhere I have a Radio Shack Color Computer, series number 13.

I have handmade doilies from family in Prussia.

I have cash from Korea from during the Korean Conflict.

Either way, a CD going for $150 bucks has to mean it's pretty rare. :shock:

It isn't a CD its a record ... vinyl record ... a song on the front and a song on the back ... that was way way before a CD was even thought about.
record.jpg
20825d1397691873-how-many-you-have-something-rare-record.jpg

Must be hard for those people to receive blood when they need a transfusion.

Bank blood to yourself, that's all. :) It's a wonderful trip made every 3 months to the red cross. :D :squint: Then, you just donate out what blood that is about to expire to someone who really needs it, since literally anyone can use HH blood, just HH can't use anyone else's. :P Helps people and ensures you're okay too. :D Clever little one am I. :D Did you know when you donate so much blood you get bumper stickers stating how many gallons of blood you've donated? Kind of gross when you think about it.... :ugh:

It isn't a CD its a record ... vinyl record ... a song on the front and a song on the back ... that was way way before a CD was even thought about.
View attachment 20825
20825d1397691873-how-many-you-have-something-rare-record.jpg

Wow I've become new aged! I knew they didn't make CD's back then what was I thinking!?! *facepalm* -to myself!- :doh: I still have an Atari, I can't believe I... I'm disappointed in myself... :( I REMEMBER CD'S COMING OUT WHAT THE HELL!? Wow... sad day for Mew... :doh: I'm going to go sit in the corner of disappointment for a while...

Never had an XBox but used to have original Pong. :lol:

Used to have an original top-loading Betamax recorder/player (I think it was late '70's). I guess those things would have been rare now if we kept them.

I still have my great-grandparents' stereopticon and cards, and my Viewmaster with slides (1950's version); probably not so rare, just old. Heh, heh.

My red-headed Barbie (not Midge but Barbie) from the '60's isn't common but probably not rare. (Her name was Della Street, ha, ha.)

Nope, nothing "rare." Common as dirt. :(

I had the boxes my dad's shirt came in from the dry cleaner.
I would ties them together and made a train to pull around the house. :D

I do have a lamp that was a build in radio , it does not work anymore. It has a big metal shade and I when I had a fever as a child I would think the lamp was a person coming after me.

TV, yes. What you don't know is that TV is pre-closed captioned mandatory, so yeah, it's antique. It's 1970's. That thing is over 40 years old.
Items from the '70's are old, not antique. :giggle:

I had the boxes my dad's shirt came in from the dry cleaner.
I would ties them together and made a train to pull around the house. :D
:)
When I was a kid, my dad, for whatever reason, used to buy Kleenex by the case lot load (lots of runny noses, I guess). The heavy cardboard box was about the size of a short refrigerator. My brother and I would make them into cars, boats, planes, whatever we imagined. :giggle:

Amazing how simple objects amused kids back then, huh? We were the original recyclers, making toys out of "stuff." :lol:

You just reminded me of something else. My dad also had his work shirts cleaned professionally. It seemed common at the time.

I dunno if this would count as rare, but here goes:

no it's not considered as rare. it's just a really dang old junk that nobody wants. rare is something that is a collector's item.... something invaluable... something that worths a lot of money... the more mint condition it's in and the less it's reproduced, the more valuable it is.

rare would be something like... only 5 Superman comic books drawn and signed by Jerry Siegel in 1930's or 1955 Porsche 550 Spyder driven by James Dean.

an old junk would be like your tv, rotary phone, tty device, IBM computer, or gameboy - all are common devices and mass-produced therefore insignificant.

lol reba - that just reminds me of this video I saw couple days ago

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk_vV-JRZ6E]KIDS REACT TO WALKMANS (Portable Cassette Players) - YouTube[/ame]

:)
When I was a kid, my dad, for whatever reason, used to buy Kleenex by the case lot load (lots of runny noses, I guess). The heavy cardboard box was about the size of a short refrigerator. My brother and I would make them into cars, boats, planes, whatever we imagined. :giggle:

Amazing how simple objects amused kids back then, huh? We were the original recyclers, making toys out of "stuff." :lol:

You just reminded me of something else. My dad also had his work shirts cleaned professionally. It seemed common at the time.

Cardboard-Box-Kid.jpg

Back