How many gym rats do we have here?

Machina

Reaction score
I figured since this is partially a fitness forum I would post up :P I'm a habitual lifter and used to personal train to pay part of my way through college.

I have never seen someone at the gym who was hoh or deaf while I worked at my school's gym, although in all honesty most people keep to themselves anyways and it would be easy to overlook them.

So, how many gym rats are here?

Fellow gym rat. I enjoy working out in different ways but I'm not a runner. :wave:

:thumb: I only go to the gym to circuit train. Cardiovascular wise, I do it all outdoors! I especially love to dance, as strange as it seems, I consider the local clubs a social gym - best of both worlds! :dance2:

Fellow gym rat. I enjoy working out in different ways but I'm not a runner. :wave:

I don't run either; I do some HIIT cardio and can do some sprint but that's about it. Used to run track in high school but lost my drive to run.

I'll stick with my weights :D

I saw those tires. It was quite a work out!

Gyms bore me :)

I prefer outdoors exercise, I'm not into weight lifting but I enjoy cardio workouts!

I used to go to gym, now day I ride my mountain bike. :)

I used to be a gym rat until I started overworking myself with 2 full-time jobs as well as realizing that it was also costing me a lot of money. Now, if I want to work out... I can do it for free since the apartment complex I live at has a workout room. :)

I used to be one. I need to get back in the game. I hope that will happen once I move away. :)

I forgot to mention that I like pilates reformer (a/k/a the rack of torture). It builds core strength rapidly, which improved my weight lifting. It's usually very expensive at a private studio but my Y has a great instructor at a very reasonable price. Highly recommend it. Guys can do it, too. My instructor was the most fit man that I've ever seen in my life.

When I was at a club closer to me I used to work 5-6 days week. Club closed and I haven't been as successful at managing same schedule with new club which is much farther away. But I enjoy working out and I enjoy martial arts. Sometimes I would see one of my friends, who happens to be deaf, at the old club.
My dad, now in his late 70's, used to run up til maybe his late 60's. I've never got into running though. I like brisk walking a lot.

I am a pure gym rat. Go to the gym at least 4 times a week. I was told as we age, yoga, swimming, and weighlifting are the way to go in keeping our bodies toned. Cardio wont do the trick alone anymore.

3 times a week, I work out with weights and then do a fat burning workout while the other two times are used for cardio workouts.

I am not. I haven't workout for a long of period. I only did workout like 5 minutes top. that is not enough.

I go to a specialized gym, our warm up includes a boot camp type exercise before we begin our techniques. When I am not at the gym, I go to my friend's boot camp on Saturday mornings at the park. I enjoy the outdoors very much.

Back