How many czars in White House?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you're the only one who got it. While everybody else is up in arms over the word "czar."

My prediction came true. It's worse than I thought, I admit.

everybody else? but you are the one who created this thread and raising ruckus over the word "czar". calm down :)

nobody has problem with the word "czar" under any Administrations including Republican Presidents. Why now especially Obama? :hmm:

It is a de facto endorsement of the use of the word "czar" if it's anywhere on Whitehouse.gov site. They do have the ability to make policy changes regarding the use of the word "czar" on the public taxpayers' website anytime they want. But they didn't.

No it isn't. It is refusal to censor.

everybody else? but you are the one who created this thread and raising ruckus over the word "czar". calm down :)

nobody has problem with the word "czar" under any Administrations including Republican Presidents. Why now especially Obama? :hmm:

I did not raise a ruckus over the use the word "czar." There are those who say that CNN does not use the word "czar" (they do). There's a "czar" mentioned on the White House.gov site, even allowing an officially sanctioned White House blogger to write in the words, "czar." I pointed them out. No ruckus on my part when you have people screaming that they don't say "czar" at all.

They do. You've seen it. End of story.

I did not raise a ruckus over the use the word "czar." There are those who say that CNN does not use the word "czar" (they do). There's a "czar" mentioned on the White House.gov site, even allowing an officially sanctioned White House blogger to write in the words, "czar." I pointed them out. No ruckus on my part when you have people screaming that they don't say "czar" at all.

correction - The White House blogger (from the link you provided) is a reporter for San Fransisco Chronicle... and it's not even related to Obama :lol:

You posted a cartoon attributing the use of the word to the President. And to date, in all of these 9 pages, you have been completely unable to find a single example of such a term being used by the White House.

Deliberate intellectual dishonesty.

End of story.

Oh Blimely :eek2:

Do you have problem with that czars?

Don´t you know that Bush have more czars than Obama?

List of U.S. executive branch czars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What a crap thread :roll:

No problem with me. Others don't like the label. *shrugs* but like darkdog said that's proving to be a problem, probably most likely an illegal one, "Officers in the executive branch with a whole bunch of power who never had to get the advice and consent of the Senate as required by Article II Section 2 of the Constitution."

Cutting and pasting again?:lol: I don't see the word "czars".

correction - The White House blogger (from the link you provided) is a reporter for San Fransisco Chronicle... and it's not even related to Obama :lol:

It appears to be about policy change regarding climate change.

I'm sure we'll get an earful about the vast Gore conspiracy to silence dissenting scienctists who do not think that we may be facing climate change. :roll:

You posted a cartoon attributing the use of the word to the President. And to date, in all of these 9 pages, you have been completely unable to find a single example of such a term being used by the White House.

Deliberate intellectual dishonesty.

End of story.

No. It's in the White House.gov site. Which means it is a de facto acceptance of the word, "czar," regardless where it came from. End of story.

No problem with me. Others don't like the label. *shrugs* but like darkdog said that's proving to be a problem, probably most likely an illegal one, "Officers in the executive branch with a whole bunch of power who never had to get the advice and consent of the Senate as required by Article II Section 2 of the Constitution."

so do you have a problem about that during Bush Administration?

In response to popular demand...
Pilgrim: President Obama today declared that special interests and lobbyists have blocked health care reform for decades and he said those groups will not prevail this time around, but the president has still asked those very same special interests and lobbyists to help shape his reforms and his health czar has close ties to the health care industry. Louise Schiavone reports.

Schiavone: President Obama kicked off a health care summit involving hundreds of billions of dollars worth of possible reforms with this lament.

Obama: Our inability to reform health care in the past is just one example of how special interests have had their way and the public interest has fallen by the wayside.

Schiavone: But on the inside track of Mr. Obama's health reform team is newly appointed health czar with extensive industry connections. Nancy-Ann DeParle, seen here to the left of the president. Among her corporate achievements, she's been a top executive of CCMP Capital, a private equity firm with significant healthcare holdings, and a board member of Boston Scientific, Medco health solutions, and Cerner, a company in the forefront of electronic medical record advancements. Could there be a conflict of interest?

Rep Issi: There’s no question that there will be a large presidential earmark for integrating a data system to try to reduce costs, to try to put people’s health records all into a single database. A lot of these efficiencies, although merited, are going to lead to picking very large mutli-billion dollar winners and she's going to be at the center of it all.

Schiavone: The White House has promised that DeParle is severing all ties with the companies and will recuse herself from participating in matters related to former clients or employers.

Gibbs: The White House has confidence in her and her abilities as part of the health care reform effort here.

Schiavone: And as a Clinton administration veteran, her accomplishments in both the public and private sector have earned her high praise.

Ottinger: It's critical that everybody have a seat at the table, that all sectors of our society be represented.

Schiavone: Meanwhile, Senator Robert Byrd has expressed concern about the Obama administration's czar system in general telling the president in a letter "As presidential assistants and advisers, these White House staffers are not accountable for their actions to the Congress, to cabinet officials, and to virtually anyone but the President."

Kitty, Senator Byrd's communication to the president preceded the appointment of health czar, Nancy DeParle, but she like others with similar positions at the White House doesn't need senate confirmation, which means she will not have to take questions from the congress about her past associations. Kitty.

Pilgrim: Alright, thanks very much, Louise Schiavone.

It appears to be about policy change regarding climate change.

I'm sure we'll get an earful about the vast Gore conspiracy to silence dissenting
scienctists who do not think that we may be facing climate change. :roll:

Anyone watch 60 minutes tonight? They delved into the topic. Strangely enough, the reputable scientists have linked the increase in wildfires to climate change. And there was an interesting statement from a firefighter that said, "Try to tell anyone here on the front lines that science is wrong. You won't find anyone that doesn't believe it."

Wait, isn't kokonut trained to put out forest fires? Guess he isn't on the front lines with the ones that do it on a daily basis and believe it 100%.

No. It's in the White House.gov site. Which means it is a de facto acceptance of the word, "czar," regardless where it came from. End of story.

It means nothing of the kind. It means the White House does not censor the remarks of others.

Anyone watch 60 minutes tonight? They delved into the topic. Strangely enough, the reputable scientists have linked the increase in wildfires to climate change. And there was an interesting statement from a firefighter that said, "Try to tell anyone here on the front lines that science is wrong. You won't find anyone that doesn't believe it."

:hmm: i thought many were from arson.

Wait, isn't kokonut trained to put out forest fires? Guess he isn't on the front lines with the ones that do it on a daily basis and believe it 100%.

I don't even have a tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back