How many czars in White House?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take your word for it?:laugh2: Provide a transcript for the deaf members of this forum. They are perfectly capable of deciding what to think and not think. They certainly do not need to be told to "take your word for it." How insulting!

And again, the entire tape must be listened to or a transcript read for context. Stop with the one word google searches.

All you have to do is watch the CNN tape and read the annotations at the bottom til you reach at :17 seconds where it says "President's health 'czar' has close ties to health care industry.."

It's nice that you didn't bother to watch it.

Again, complain to CNN and the rest of the MSM for using the word "czar" if you have a beef. Don't come to me.

All you have to do is watch the CNN tape and read the annotations at the bottom til you reach at :17 seconds where it says "President's health 'czar' has close ties to health care industry.."

Again, complain to CNN and the rest of the MSM for using the word "czar" if you have a beef. Don't come to me.

we didn't bother to watch it because we are intelligent enough to know that we need to know what "taken out of context" means. Sorry if we don't take it for granted as you'd want us to do. :wave:

Nope. I don't listen for one word only. I take them all in context. You should try it sometime.

And again, how exactly are the deaf members supposed to listen to the video?

why would I care what the reporters say? they are infamously known to make hyperbolic rhetoric & misleading headlines in font size 72 pt - arial font.

Hyperbolic? Are we in math? I think you meant hyperbole.

kokonut - still avoiding my question? For third time -

"BTW - lemme ask you this - OFFICIALLY... do their job titles say "Czar" before their names?

we didn't bother to watch it because we are intelligent enough to know that we need to know what "taken out of context" means. Sorry if we don't take it for granted as you'd want us to do. :wave:

Exactly. Can't take one word out of context and derive over all meaning.

Nope. I don't listen for one word only. I take them all in context. You should try it sometime.

And again, how exactly are the deaf members supposed to listen to the video?

What a nice intellectually dishonest answer did I ever see.

Can I have what you're drinking so I can bob and weave, too?

Still doesn't justify posting a YouTube clip on a deaf forum without closed captioning or transcript...

Where exactly did I state that?
I used the word "seem" because you've been defending the administration against criticisms of this situation. If I've misunderstood you, I apologize. So do you support having officers in the executive branch who do not undergo the advice and consent of the Senate?

Hyperbolic? Are we in math? I think you meant hyperbole.

hyperbolic. an adjective form of hyperbole.

and that concludes your English lesson of the day. :wave:

YouTube - cnn - lou dobbs - "health czar" past
time stamp at :47 seconds on CNN tv that said "duly appointed health czar," though of course no one can see quotes in "health czar" by voice.

Now, if you have a complaint about the word "czar" the please kindly take your complaints to CNN and the rest of the MSM who use it on a regular basis. Don't come to me and complain in a whiny high-pitched voice. Ok?

(sorry folks but you'll have to take my word for it, that is what a CNN reporter said at the :47 second time stamp. anybody who's hearing (or hard of hearing) can easily verify this )

We'd rather read the transcript. This vid is worthless to me without one. I've never been one to just take anyone's word for it.

What a nice intellectually dishonest answer did I ever see.

Can I have what you're drinking so I can bob and weave, too?

Intellectually dishonest? :laugh2: You are a hoot!:laugh2:

Intellectually dishonesty is posting google links to articles you haven't even read, and posting audio and then telling deaf members they just need to "take your word for it."

Projection is something you are really good at.:laugh2:

kokonut - still avoiding my question? For third time -

"BTW - lemme ask you this - OFFICIALLY... do their job titles say "Czar" before their names?

So many posts.....

My answer: Sure looks like it if the White House endorses the use of the word "czar"...

In the White House.gov website dated March 11, 2009 (which means during the time of Obama's presidency):

"The Police Foundation applauds the appointment of Gil Kerlikowske as the nation’s next Drug Czar. He is a 36-year law enforcement veteran who has served as Chief of Police in two major American cities. Gil understands the devastating impact that drugs have had on families and communities in our country. He is an innovator who will reach out across different disciplines to pull together the type of team that will enable our nation to develop the policies and strategies required to effectively address the drug problem. Gil Kerlikowske is an outstanding choice for the position of Drug Czar," said President of the Police Foundation Hubert Williams.

The White House - Press Office - White House Announces New Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy

I used the word "seem" because you've been defending the administration against criticisms of this situation. If I've misunderstood you, I apologize. So do you support having officers in the executive branch who do not undergo the advice and consent of the Senate?

No, I do not. But that is not what this post started out as, nor is it the intent of the OP to discuss such.

So many posts.....

My answer: Sure looks like it if the White House endorses the use of the word "czar"...

In the White House.gov website dated March 11, 2009 (which means during the time of Obama's presidency):

The White House - Press Office - White House Announces New Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy

ah-ha.... so it's "New Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy" as an official title by White House. Nice try on attempt to mislead us :nono: . The term "Drug Czar" was not used by White House.

sorry but your answer is not satisfactory enough for me. TRY AGAIN!

Intellectually dishonest? :laugh2: You are a hoot!:laugh2:

Intellectually dishonesty is posting google links to articles you haven't even read, and posting audio and then telling deaf members they just need to "take your word for it."

Projection is something you are really good at.:laugh2:

Not intellectually dishonest when the facts are already apparent and available. For you to say such a thing is again being intellectually dishonest.

The White House says the word "czar".
So does CNN in print. And in video. So does MSNBC. CBS. ABC. Good Morning Amerika. And so on.

Face it, you keep denying that they don't say "czar" when they do, apparently.

Not intellectually dishonest when the facts are already apparent and available. For you to say such a thing is again being intellectually dishonest.

The White House says the word "czar".
So does CNN in print. And in video. So does MSNBC. CBS. ABC. Good Morning Amerika. And so on.

Face it, you keep denying that they don't say "czar" when they do, apparently.

You posted a quote from the President of the Police Foundation, and attempted to credit it to the White House. That means you are either being intellectually dishonest, or have zero ability to comprehend that which you post.

Isn't it odd that you would spell "America" with a "k". More intellectual dishonesty, or a clue?

ah-ha.... so it's "New Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy" as an official title by White House. Nice try on attempt to mislead us :nono: . The term "Drug Czar" was not used by White House.

sorry but your answer is not satisfactory enough for me. TRY AGAIN!

Prime example of intellectual dishonesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back