How many believe euthanasia animals/humans should be legal

who ?? were that you??

me, I'm just generally sick of reading...i don't mind reading posts but sometimes its just gone "pseudo expert" like everyone's pretending to be experts - I get real tired of it quick, and these days I can't be bothered feeding in my posts because in forums it is rare for any one to 'learn and change their own opinions" and no don't lock any threads, it IS interesting to see different views and half of the time I have got to wonder how do others comes with *that different views* and also that "how come other don't get what others say*, my little *theory* is war happens because like these stubborn people actually can say "go kill them for me", simple as that, powerless people actually will do it for them...scary!!...

oh I'm just sick of arguements, like last year in grad studies I got in very deep in ethic arguments and now plainly just want to laugh and talk not argue. Feel free to argue with other members/posters. Don't get me wrong I will join in debates but not as often, because it can be draining...

If you're sick of reading it......stop reading it, nobody's making you. You're not required to read every post in every thread on the forum.

Yeah , I don't think anyone is holding a gun to anyone head forcing them to read every thread.

One in three Americans over 65 will supposedly have Alzheimers or dementia of some sort. There will be some creative ways by the government to deal with this as the too many baby boomers take down the Medicare system.

There will be a new job description with lots of necessary education. Jobs that pay well will be hard to come by. So well sorry Uncle Goodonya. You forgot your real name and are using your handle. Inflation took all of your savings. Obviously you are ready for the big night night.

I guarantee within the next ten years this kind of scenario will be a part of the healthcare system.
Serious hardworking people will make a good healthcare paycheck sending off the ones who have to go.

Sheri.
You can offf yourself by still bieng polite and curteous. My friend hung himself in his garage his mothers home. He could of done it another place. A friend findng you hurts your mother finding you words cant describe. In the joint we got s chsnce to see my other friend dangling dead just dead. The screws took there time. No on wanted to intervene and take him down less we got implicated.....SEG sucks after a viscous beating from the screws. we stood there smoked a cig. Kinda studied him. The way his face was. Couple of cons were makin fun of him pokin him and stuff. When the screws finnaly came...ended it.... just kinda studied his face.....and went bsck to play cards.... Nothing to grewsome. Really......He was treated far better by us dead then when he was alive..... There was shit and piss on the floor underhim. He left a note at least everyone knew and the screws knew what abiuse he was recieving daily. Sexual abuse. So.....
Yeah
He just couldnt take it no more.
As for it bieng hard on those u leave behind sure is. Then again in his csse no one
Gave a shit about him getting ass raped.....or forced to suck cons off.....so
Yeah...
(Lights smoke.....drags deep....turns away...exhales)
Yeah

if you want to read in more depth about doctor assisted suicide and its debates. google up PAS - physician assisted suicide)

here some of which i found (i studied those before and I refused to come in here to squabble...) but if anything I am in between Hiochi's and Reba's (suicide arent right if depressed)...not an anarchist in any way...it IS changing slowly...but indeed if pain is to be endured because of some misguided belief, then that should change to allow people to go when they decide, not doctors...

Physician-Assisted Suicide - Introduction

Medical Ethics | Physician-Assisted Suicide

An argument against physician-assisted suicide

Death With Dignity Should Not Be Equated With Physician Assisted Suicide - Forbes

so...happy reading if you have time (I don't , in fact I'm sick of reading)...
I had read an article and responded to you based on it. But, I have a choice of responding or not. Based on another response of yours, I'm opting to delete this one. Debating has a winner and loser. I'm not out to convince anyone of anything. I started the thread because I was truly interested in what people believe. I still am. I also knew I'd be in the minority of one and a bit and am and I'm used to it.

Last edited:
Sheri.
You can offf yourself by still bieng polite and curteous. My friend hung himself in his garage his mothers home. He could of done it another place. A friend findng you hurts your mother finding you words cant describe. In the joint we got s chsnce to see my other friend dangling dead just dead. The screws took there time. No on wanted to intervene and take him down less we got implicated.....SEG sucks after a viscous beating from the screws. we stood there smoked a cig. Kinda studied him. The way his face was. Couple of cons were makin fun of him pokin him and stuff. When the screws finnaly came...ended it.... just kinda studied his face.....and went bsck to play cards.... Nothing to grewsome. Really......He was treated far better by us dead then when he was alive..... There was shit and piss on the floor underhim. He left a note at least everyone knew and the screws knew what abiuse he was recieving daily. Sexual abuse. So.....
Yeah
He just couldnt take it no more.
As for it bieng hard on those u leave behind sure is. Then again in his csse no one
Gave a shit about him getting ass raped.....or forced to suck cons off.....so
Yeah...
(Lights smoke.....drags deep....turns away...exhales)
Yeah
Hochi man, I'm breathlessly sorry. Right. I can't imagine what my neighbor's parents went through. C hung himself four months after we left NY. He gave us a lovely old saw with a note of endearment on it. It's rusty and I'll never be able to toss it. I had to hide the last photo of himself and a friend saying goodbye to us. But his face is branded in my brain. Removing the photo did not remove him. Off yourself someplace else. Oh man ... and there go the endless ripples in the water by that one ostensibly small stone. Someone who committed suicide has reached someone he never knew far far away . IF he had been allowed to legally have doctor-assisted suicide (ain't no one going to take away his pain) I can only wonder if that would've been better. Just a thought. Hochi, you care. I care. Others who were silent cared in one way or another. Why they didn't do anything about it is beyond me. It is abominable. In this case, for those who committed the crime, they will rot in hell.

I am not (read those three words again) trying to convince anyone that what I believe is right. These are subjective feelings (sorry, redundant again). All I am doing is expressing them. I do not believe there is a right or wrong.

me, I'm just generally sick of reading...i don't mind reading posts but sometimes its just gone "pseudo expert" like everyone's pretending to be experts - I get real tired of it quick, and these days I can't be bothered feeding in my posts because in forums it is rare for any one to 'learn and change their own opinions" and no don't lock any threads, it IS interesting to see different views and half of the time I have got to wonder how do others comes with *that different views* and also that "how come other don't get what others say*, my little *theory* is war happens because like these stubborn people actually can say "go kill them for me", simple as that, powerless people actually will do it for them...scary!!...

oh I'm just sick of arguements, like last year in grad studies I got in very deep in ethic arguments and now plainly just want to laugh and talk not argue. Feel free to argue with other members/posters. Don't get me wrong I will join in debates but not as often, because it can be draining...
I'm not going back to read what I wrote about locking the thread (I'm pretty sure I wrote it) but you misinterpreted it and I'm pretty sure it was a little fun poking at Calvin. You have a choice unless someone is hovering over you with toothpicks in your eyes to not read this. Even if someone is holding your head over these threads with toothpicks propping your eyes open, dive into that smart brain of yours that got you into grad school.

Or go be sick. It's your choice for now. Nothing is scary to me except ignorance and I know you're not ignorant.

Yeah , I don't think anyone is holding a gun to anyone head forcing them to read every thread.
Huh? They aren't? Boy do I need glasses.

Grummer is obviously disgruntled and that's no good for anyone. And he made a choice without a gun being pointed at his head (I think).

One in three Americans over 65 will supposedly have Alzheimers or dementia of some sort. There will be some creative ways by the government to deal with this as the too many baby boomers take down the Medicare system.

There will be a new job description with lots of necessary education. Jobs that pay well will be hard to come by. So well sorry Uncle Goodonya. You forgot your real name and are using your handle. Inflation took all of your savings. Obviously you are ready for the big night night.

I guarantee within the next ten years this kind of scenario will be a part of the healthcare system.
Serious hardworking people will make a good healthcare paycheck sending off the ones who have to go.
Source of 1 in three Americans, please?

Yeah, we're past the tipping point in America and when my lovely niece graduated from NYU with a super GPA, she said, "Aunt Sher, I'm scared." I couldn't tell her I was, too. I treat my lovely niece with kid gloves. I keep most of my opinions to myself (except for ensuring she votes). We are currently experiencing part of what you said. That's why I'm here and retired ahead of schedule.

But it seems like you're blaming the baby boomers. If that's correct, point the blame to the history in Washington and big corporations. We, the baby boomers, did not create this mess. We are part of it and have been for many many many years.

Perfecto! But, my dad was told he'd live for 3 to 6 months. Dad would've been allowed to end his life. I guess the difference here is that he made the option not to and spent many more years with us. If he decided it was time to end his life per the docs' prediction, no one would know the difference that he would live 8 or 9 more years.

But why only for medical purposes? I'm assuming you mean the doctors have given the person a time-oriented death sentence.

If someone is emotionally in a lot of pain for "x" amount of time, why aren't you giving that person an option to die? Isn't that for medical purposes as well? What's the difference?

Medical issues such as CF or severe cancers are slow painful deaths. If someone doesn't want to live with that, let them go in peace. However, people in mental distress or that are depressed don't often think clearly. Those aren't death sentences, those are just people thinking they want to die because things aren't looking up for them. Those moods clear up, go away, can be treated and aren't anywhere near a death by a slow killing cancer or anything like that. That is why I keep my statement how it was, severe medical cases, sure... have it available. Depression or mood disorders, no.

Dr.s aren't machines. They nor I can ever say someone has exactly so many years to live. There are many environmental factors as well as things we can't see going on. At best it's a hypothesis based on the advancement of cells, growths or whatever that have caused death in others at particular times we are comparing to. If someone doesn't want to risk suffering and someone doesn't want to think about the potential years they could possibly live if we're wrong, it's their life... not mine. Like tattoos, it's my body, not yours. Nobody can tell me what I can or can not do with it... I believe the same should be taken in to consideration with a disease or condition that causes boat loads of pain and suffering. It's cruel to let someone suffer just because you may want more time with them. That's their life and their choice. ( Not saying you in particular, saying people are selfish to tell people no no you can't go because it hurts THEM not the person who wants to end the suffering. )

Source of 1 in three Americans, please?

Yeah, we're past the tipping point in America and when my lovely niece graduated from NYU with a super GPA, she said, "Aunt Sher, I'm scared." I couldn't tell her I was, too. I treat my lovely niece with kid gloves. I keep most of my opinions to myself (except for ensuring she votes). We are currently experiencing part of what you said. That's why I'm here and retired ahead of schedule.

But it seems like you're blaming the baby boomers. If that's correct, point the blame to the history in Washington and big corporations. We, the baby boomers, did not create this mess. We are part of it and have been for many many many years.

The Alzheimers association website has that statistic. I doublechecked before using it. Still with qualifier. Just google up Alzheimers statistics and you will see it. Or organization. It is significant set of statistics in there. Just to make sure I will repeat, one in three Americans over the age of 65 will have Alzheimers or dementia of some kind.

My nightmare vision will happen on our present course as I pointed out in my previous comment. We the baby boomers are positioned just right. It just is. We are at present heading towards being the fall guys for the economic disaster that is still unfolding. The country will recover but we will be fed to the fire in the process.

You can blame corporate interests all day long it will not change anything nor will it change the fact that both GW Bush and Bill Clinton are boomers. They are the faces the ones younger than us remember. It will not matter who you voted for or what you thought. We will be painted with the same brush.
We worked for those corporate interests in one way or another, against them or for them it ends up all being the same.

Last edited:
Sorry OP, I cannot discuss your question without also discussing my religious beliefs.

But, if you were to ask me what my sexual preferences are, and if i like men, or women, then that is perfectly fine to discuss here at Alldeaf. :wave:

I cannot discuss getting rid of a raccoon without getting into religion.
I better get checked out at Zurich.

The Alzheimers association website has that statistic. I doublechecked before using it. Still with qualifier. Just google up Alzheimers statistics and you will see it. Or organization. It is significant set of statistics in there. Just to make sure I will repeat, one in three Americans over the age of 65 will have Alzheimers or dementia of some kind.

My nightmare vision will happen on our present course as I pointed out in my previous comment. We the baby boomers are positioned just right. It just is. We are at present heading towards being the fall guys for the economic disaster that is still unfolding. The country will recover but we will be fed to the fire in the process.

You can blame corporate interests all day long it will not change anything nor will it change the fact that both GW Bush and Bill Clinton are boomers. They are the faces the ones younger than us remember. It will not matter who you voted for or what you thought. We will be painted with the same brush.
We worked for those corporate interests in one way or another, against them or for them it ends up all being the same.
Thanks for the information. My partner is deathly afraid of Alzheimers because it appears to run in her family.

Your statement about the country will be able to recover but we'll be fed to the fire ... is really interesting but ambiguous :) . We (middle and poor class and I am making assumptions) are being whacked over by many mallets. But the question (not related to the thread and can I ask anyway ...) who is the country that will recover? The rich?

I completely agree with your paragraph about the "blaming." It does no good. Parenti in his book, "Inventing Reality," talks about America as a culture tends to blame more than other cultures. Ironically, at too many jobs, rather than letting other people go down, I took the blame for things going wrong. I would have to be proven wrong. I wasn't trying to be a martyr, I was the lead and if something happened below me, it was on me.

I told my niece to vote as an illusion to think she can create change. In the older days, we could march against Vietnam and it did make a difference. Johnson didn't run again. We marched for gay rights and because of all the grassroots movements, it worked to an extent. But now we hide behind our computers. I can't go further because I don't think we're allowed to discuss politics here.

Gad, I even have to agree with your last paragraph because of all the lobbying I saw that fought against things smaller businesses (like my chiropractor in NJ) was doing.

Totally off track and it was right on with my own beliefs and perhaps not with others but that's what discussions are for. I will also add that I am going to stop blaming Bush and Clinton because it started long before they were in the picture. In this case, expressing your opinion changed mine.

Many thanks for your feedback.

I don't believe dispatching with a baseball bat is considered euthanasia.

:wave: Yeah, I'm sorry. I had it open to allowing religion to come in here but under specific requirements because it can get out of hand until Reba then Calvin properly and nicely nailed me on it and for a good reason. Your first line shows why - you can't get rid of the raccoon but bringing in religion wouldn't be able to get rid of it either. You'd need a Havahart trap and a truck :) .

I don't believe dispatching with a baseball bat is considered euthanasia.
Reba, would you mind explaining that - the reference to the baseball bat? PM would be fine but I'm obviously missing something here.

Sorry OP, I cannot discuss your question without also discussing my religious beliefs.

But, if you were to ask me what my sexual preferences are, and if i like men, or women, then that is perfectly fine to discuss here at Alldeaf. :wave:
Yeah, that's not my rule but it is, unfortunately, a sturdy one and created for a reason.

I can state who I am in context but I not go farther than that and it's not necessary. We are who we are.

Thanks, Steinhauer.

Back