How??? Hearts>>♥♥♥♥♥

You're a Mac user? You don't strike me as a Mac kind of person.

I'm still having trouble finding my function key even with the help of google BTW.

no need to search. your keyboard does not have it. you won't be able to do these special characters thing via keyboard. Try Character Map program. but the simplest way is to copy/paste the special character.

oh that explains.

20100126301.jpg

yea it won't work thru keyboard. You can try Character Map program.

I did. Didnt work either. The only way I can do it is to copy and paste the heart. Oh well.

You're a Mac user? You don't strike me as a Mac kind of person....
I use both. :)

I've had various Mac's since the early 90's, and used one at work since the 80's.

My first Mac was created before some ADers were born. :laugh2:

FWIW, I have a Microsoft Arc keyboard. Perhaps I should google that to see if it has an FN key. There's no blue button on my keyboard.

I read your post, but here's a picture of a MS Arc keyboard. I see the Fn on the lower right. If you don't see that on yours, what is in the place of where the Fn is in this picture?

microsoft-arc-keyboard-top.jpg

I read your post, but here's a picture of a MS Arc keyboard. I see the Fn on the lower right. If you don't see that on yours, what is in the place of where the Fn is in this picture?

it won't work because there's no numpad in that keyboard. that FN button is for only function as listed above Functions buttons.

Yes, but if she can find a Fn key, she can use the L (which substitutes for the 3 on the numpad)

*edit* it would be Fn + Alt + L

microsoft-arc-keyboard-top.jpg

Mmm light is very dim in my living room so I had to hold my keyboad under the light and the FN is were you just said.

I've tried holding it down and i still am getting 3s not hearts.

Yes, but if she can find a Fn key, she can use the L (which substitutes for the 3 on the numpad)

it's not listed in her keyboard. Some portable keyboards are like that and I hate it. ultra-slim version.

Mmm light is very dim in my living room so I had to hold my keyboad under the light and the FN is were you just said.

I've tried holding it down and i still am getting 3s not hearts.

See my edit. Try Fn + Alt + L

some mini keyboards are equipped with numpad when activating FN button and when it does, they label it. see below -

I don't know if you can see it but it's there.
23-157-025-05.jpg

some mini keyboards are equipped with numpad when activating FN button. see below -

I don't know if you can see it but it's there.
23-157-025-05.jpg

This doesn't look like mine. The one provided by alleycat looks exactly like mine

This doesn't look like mine. The one provided by alleycat looks exactly like mine

I know. I'm showing you an example of why it works on other keyboard but not for you.

Your keyboard does not have numpad label but the pix above does have numpad label. So since your keyboard does not have numpad label, it will not work. Your choice is either Character Map or copy/paste it.

I use both. :)

I've had various Mac's since the early 90's, and used one at work since the 80's.

My first Mac was created before some ADers were born. :laugh2:
I remember when the Lisa came out. I didn't own a Mac for a long time and I hope to be able to own a Mac again. I don't hate Windows. I'm just partial to Macs. I do use both Windows (for gaming) and Macs for creative work. I prefer not to spend time trouble shooting computers when I want to create stuff.

Back