How do you like to personalize your living space?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm telling you, you have the need now.

Get a measuring tape and measure your room.

Broke. I'll have to hold off on that.

You could measure with that but it wouldn't be standard, so it wouldn't be useful to anyone else.

That's how things were measured centuries ago but it wasn't standard enough for modern business, construction, and engineering. That's why we now have measuring devices such as rulers, yardsticks, measuring tapes, calipers, compasses, etc.

Well, a standard door frame is 12 inches in width, yes?

doors are 12, 18, 24, 28, 32, 36 inches wide... then some are custom made to order, so if your arms are 12" and thats a tight fit for a 6' guy to squeeze through. unless you are R E A L L Y skinny

Not for my account, no. Nice try.

Yeah well.......a person's wingspan (the distance from fingertip to fingertip with arms outspread) is generally close to height. Going by that, If your arms are 12 inches long, then your shoulders would be oh about 48 inches, or 4 feet wide.

:laugh2: oh picturing someone with 4 feet shoulders and one foot arms. It's killing me

I had absolutely no idea that rulers were called devices !!! Flintstones would never do a such thing.

This is located near the ceiling. Never went on my toes to reach this.

Attachments

• IMG_20140124_141508_0.jpg
    IMG_20140124_141508_0.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 24
What an epic thread, I love how it starts out as an innocent question and now it's arguing over what is a foot and an inch and how wide and long things are.

keep up the good work! :lol:

A) if you can't afford a tape measure you can't afford to do anything to room anyway, do this whole thread is moot

B) you arms are LONGER than a foot, it's not that we don't believe you have long arms. It's just funny that tou think your arms only a footlong. Okay......how wide is the moniter for your laptop. You're obsessed with your laptop you must know how wide it is.

Me under a door frame

Attachments

• IMG_20140124_142938.jpg
    IMG_20140124_142938.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back