How do the people treats you differently?

Yea I have plms with this all the time! everytime i go store or anywhere... I try tell them i cant hear with my hands to ear to ear , sign write need paper then hearing was huh, what are u talking? i said write paper! they say oh, get the paper then i write down.. sometime they rude to me... when i wanna order something food then i asked for write paper to order, casier let other line up come in my way, i was alike huh? i told casier with my sign say :nono: be patient wait on me first! they GULPED! i am not afraid to tell hearings cuz of they need to learn be patient on deaf peeps to order foods then their will be next! am i right??? i am proud who am I!

I get treated differently even thou I'm pretty fluent with oral skills. I am always afraid that people who don't know me, won't be able to understand my speech.
I absolutly HATE those stupid hearing people who think that b/c I talk differently (with a VERY "deaf" accent/voice) I must be retarded. :roll: Luckily in college I haven't run into too many kids who think I'm LD or MR b/c of my voice. As a matter of fact ALOT of people at my school, were WICKED surprised when they found out that I am deaf!

It happens to me, when I was little, I was forced by learning how to speak... and I m 27 and my mom said that I still speak like the way Toddlers speaks and I was deeply embarrassed cause my speech teacher made me believe that I could speak.... I wouldn t speak ever ever again! :nono:

I just love it when I come into a room and automatically everyone stops talking.

I just love it when I say "Hi" but the person or people that I'm saying to, doesn't say "Hi" back or even acknowledge me.

I just love it whenever I sit down near a group of people, they get up and walk away.

Sophia26 said:
I just love it when I come into a room and automatically everyone stops talking.

I just love it when I say "Hi" but the person or people that I'm saying to, doesn't say "Hi" back or even acknowledge me.

I just love it whenever I sit down near a group of people, they get up and walk away.

Being sarcastic, aren't you? ;)

Being sarcastic, aren't you? ;)

Uh, I was wondering the same thing myself. You are exaggerating, aren’t you? Especially the last sentence? I know that 90% of all hearing people are ignorant shitpricks, but people don’t react that negatively to you, do they?

Levonian said:
Uh, I was wondering the same thing myself. You are exaggerating, aren’t you? Especially the last sentence? I know that 90% of all hearing people are ignorant shitpricks, but people don’t react that negatively to you, do they?

No, I'm not exaggerating.

:booty:
Levonian said:
My best friend is deaf. Somebody recently asked me if she drove a car. I replied that yes, she does drive a car. When the other person was surprised at this, I responded that deaf people do all sorts of things: they drive, they have jobs, they even have sex! It's just amazing! God, I gotta stop talking to people like that.

:lol: Would Deaf People use the flasher light to find the holes ? Idiot asking all these silly questions from the Hearing people. :hitit:

Sabrina said:
:booty:

:lol: Would Deaf People use the flasher light to find the holes ? Idiot asking all these silly questions from the Hearing people. :hitit:

:lol::rofl:

Same here i been there be4 many time. So every time i went to store or resturant when i come to front person by cashire i said * pls get paper and pen* then person said * huh? * i said * I CAN'T HEARD I M DEAF!* person get gulp and get paper and pen for me to order dang! oh boyy something they know i m deaf sometime they don't uddy what i m try said oh boyy

oh boy

Cheri said:
My family are all hearing expect my twin sister.. me and her just talk and sign to eachother.. we been part of missing out of family conversation when we are at a family gathers.. and plus sometimes when hearing people at malls would ask u a question and If i didn't understand what that person is saying then I tell them I am sorry im deaf can u please talk slow and that person would say oh.. sorry.. never mind.. and walk away.. Its like greesh.. nice heart u got there.. lol.. Believe me I dont like rude people who dont have no respect for deaf people we are no different than anyone we just Can't hear.. U know I dont like people who judge and think they dont know how to communcate with deaf people its very simple either learn to talk slow.. or write it down on paper or learn some abc sign lang.. basic sign lan.. no biggie... but some people just dont wanna learn.. too bad what it is happening to the world today we live in...

I grew up same thing to me , my mother talk to her family for company from out of town , I was curious and asked mother what did they say , she wont tell me and she shake her head no or nothing and ingoring me , I learn nothing from them but my family left me out and talk to my sister or brother not talk to me as much as like just say hi not much say anything , I guess they think I am deaf and dumb . but sometime my sister talk to me a little bit not much and about as my brother huh... my cousin know sign as like home sign not as much . she talk to me and her daughter too but not always, well I went to indiana for reunion family every year in july and , they said hi and hug not much as say oh boy... I guess that way they are .... well my mother know a little bit sign if I dont understand her , she sign as finger spell or write down , but my sister dont really use sign just talk and my brother a little know finger spell but not really sign just talk :( well I dont know some word means , well I was a little girl and, my family and I moved to califorina , I went to school just talk not sign , but I dont remember at all just a little bit about one year later my mother miss her mom and we moved back to indiana and went to indianapolis school for the deaf and they told my mother dont use sign , she listen to them and didnt stay ISD very long and her sister beg her to move to ohio and we did moved to ohio and went to school and they are not allow sign too oh boy and high school too but some of sign just for interpreter with hearing and deaf mix so now day ISD are allow sign for the deaf that wasnt fair to me , I can sign by thru my friend taught me some and , I didnt understand their sign and complaint , but she took me to church and learn the sign so now I can sign but not too fast sign while I read them , I know the deaf 's way sign too fast for me but I can understand some of if they dont sign too fast just normal . so I guess my mother was sorry cuz I need sign and understand so , I was in the hosptial for surgery ex husband want an interpreter , my mother say no and was mad but he told the hosptial need interpreter and did called them and come to see me for interpreter so my mother realized that I need an interpreter , she was made mistake... anyway sorry I talk too much , yes I remember ISD sign to me but not sign at home that was weird when they told my mother dont sign at home , I dont understand why but I know sign :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, sometimes, I feel fusterate with other peoples.. Oh I'm sorry, you're Deaf. Why you're Deaf? Give me a break! I replied, Just Born that way.. I'm FINE..
then I asked what do you saying again please.. Sometimes person say never mind.
Sheesh! How's so rude ?

FOOD ORDER.. Really annoys me.. every time I asked for pen and paper. Sounds like they are stunned and looking for pen and paper.. Mostly reilable Manager and to get pen and paper. Sound like wasting my time.. (I'm kind little patience)
Ordered foods.. Seems quick brings food order but espically drive thru.. I don't give them damn cars are waiting line up..
Never Forget that, When I ordered foods at McDonald on drive thru. The drive thru cashier replied, Can you wait for parking when bring your order foods.. I say okay.. I drove and parked wait for my order foods. Somehow other customer drove and RAGE ANGRILY AT ME.. "YOU FUCKING FRIGGL'N NOT SUPPOSED BELONG HERE DRIVE THRU", I said.. Oh Really, I point my middle finger.. Customer really angrily mad and drove then parked.. I looked them.. ha ha.. I turned around ahh there's go... my order foods arrives. I explained the manager what going on situation.. Manger said.. Okay.. stood up the customer, you're not polite to Deaf woman. Customer angirly and agruing to Manager.. Guess what.. McDonald staff called the police.. Press the charge to customer rage and angrily to me and Manager.. McDonald manager says, You may go ahead go home and have fun your meal. I left.. I saw police arrived. I decide not leave and sit and park and also staring them what they are doing.. Pretty enjoy to watch them.. ((chuckles)) Who cares.. Enjoy my meal eating for dinner.
About 2 or 3 years ago.

Bookwormet said:
When I was growing up, some people would treat me dumbly cause I m deaf. Some people would treat me like I m the last person to know about anything. I find it really humiliating but I wouldnt change about myself cause that is who I am and always will be. Nothing will ever change about myself.

Yeah same way with me, My Aunt in law think I don't know the name of my first cousin's children. And my mom's friend thinks I don't remember her....
she thinks I am retarded, "Do you remember me yesterday?"
Everybody know that I got 2 college degrees, but still some people think I am
retarded, damn.

Bullym0m said:
FOOD ORDER.. Really annoys me.. every time I asked for pen and paper. Sounds like they are stunned and looking for pen and paper.. Mostly reilable Manager and to get pen and paper. Sound like wasting my time.. (I'm kind little patience)
Ordered foods.. Seems quick brings food order but espically drive thru.. I don't give them damn cars are waiting line up..
Customer angirly and agruing to Manager.. Guess what.. McDonald staff called the police.. Press the charge to customer rage and angrily to me and Manager.. McDonald manager says, You may go ahead go home and have fun your meal. I left.. I saw police arrived. I decide not leave and sit and park and also staring them what they are doing.. Pretty enjoy to watch them.. ((chuckles)) Who cares.. Enjoy my meal eating for dinner.
About 2 or 3 years ago.

I would rather have my own paper and pen.... before going to McDonalds or other place. Before I get in the line, I search for my pen and paper in my purse, and write what I want to order and give to the Cashiers....
And when I forgot my pen and paper, I would ask the cashier for pen and paper, and tell them to take orders from the person behind me while I write down my orders, so that way I won't pissed off anybody.

This Is The Best Site On The Web

Gee, I was doing some research as I'm not deaf but you are alive!!! The hearing world is seriously out to lunch. I'm basically a writer, plays and films and maybe you can read some of my posts here and there. I'm also a Hare Krishna! Ha! Don't want to scare anyone.

we have 2 deaf people who work with us, and it drives me up the wall when people ask me to go over and tell them something for them because i know sign and they are too afraid to talk to them. both of them read lips very well and are able to understand the non-signers without much trouble. if they try and still have trouble, i'd gladly go interpret for them, but to not even try drives me crazy.

I have never seen or notice people treat me any different than hearing people. Sometimes when somebody notice that I'm wearing hearing aids they would talk really really loud and sometimes slower but talking loud. That annoys me.

I guess people think I'm not hard of hearing and wearing hearing aids is that from my friends that when I talk I sound normal as if I'm not hard of hearing.

yeah I am kinda glad gay marriage are legalizing....
cause to piss off ignorant hearing people.... :D

I know most hearing people are confused about this....
maybe life will be a little easier for all of us disability people,
thank you gay people, I know I contradicting myself...

Miss*Pinocchio said:
yeah I am kinda glad gay marriage are legalizing....
cause to piss off ignorant hearing people.... :D

I know most hearing people are confused about this....
maybe life will be a little easier for all of us disability people,
thank you gay people, I know I contradicting myself...

Uh? What? :wtf:

Back