How can you communicate if 100%deaf

Angel1989

Premium Member
Reaction score
Most people on this site seem to be able to hear some with hearing aids. What if you can't get them, because no hearing left at all. I've asked this before but really don't know.

American Sign language..

Lasers connected to my head.. they come out and write words in the air above me. I can draw pictures with them too.
Sometimes if I feel like cyclops I look at people and they get a loadful of optic blast.

Lasers connected to my head.. they come out and write words in the air above me. I can draw pictures with them too.
Sometimes if I feel like cyclops I look at people and they get a loadful of optic blast.

You primitive! My telepathy trumps your lasers! :wave:

Most people on this site seem to be able to hear some with hearing aids. What if you can't get them, because no hearing left at all. I've asked this before but really don't know.

Don't you have a doctor to put you in touch with some sort of assistance?

Srsly?

I used gestures to try to communicate with my family and young kids my age. I did not speak until I was in elementary school when I was almost 9 years old. I did learned how to talk with the help of Speech Therapist. I learned to read in the elementary school. That really interest me a lot. Then I used paper and pen to communicate with hearing people. I really struggled in the mainstream school, both elementary and high schools. After I graduated from high school, it really open the door to being able to use ASL and I was very happy about it. I wished that I had learned how to sign ASL when I was very young before I entered into elementary school. My mom does not know about those things and how I feel about being in my deaf world. It was a brutal thing to be force to be in the hearing school and not be able to communicate with signs better.

ASL is very important to help me and deaf people to understand in our Deaf world. If you and anyone who are hearing understand how important ASL is to Deaf people like me and Shel and willing to help us communicate in ASL instead of Oral Only method or think we can hear better with hearing aids and CIs than not have no hearing at all. You are absolutely wrong that we are struggling with trying to understand by lipreading and trying to make out what the person said. It was very frustrating to not be able to understand what the person said even if we have hearing aids or CIs. Our hearing is not the same like yours. That is why hearing people don't get it at all. They keep pressuring us to go to oral mainstream school instead of Deaf schools and force us to be like the hearing people. What a crock!!! :roll:

You primitive! My telepathy trumps your lasers! :wave:

x104+cyke+vs+magneto.jpg

You might like to talk to people in the thread for the late deafened.

This is pretty offensive to a lot of people, when you imply it is easier for people with a bit of residual hearing to communicate in a hearing way than it is for the late deafened.

Must be so. Nobody this clueless.

I have to disagree...people who pray for the cure to my deafness are just the most clueless people I ever meet. Yep, there are still people that clueless if not worse.

Saw her intro post, she has a few children and she seems to be later deafened. It must be hard to find deaf folks up north... I would believe it :|

There's nothing but mountains up there...

I'm going to bed now. I wish the late deafened would start out in the late deafened thread. :cry:

Fiber optic cables. Speed of light communication is really the new thing, ya know.

Saw her intro post, she has a few children and she seems to be later deafened. It must be hard to find deaf folks up north... I would believe it :|

There's nothing but mountains up there...

Tons of deafies in Rocklin, btw. My daughter used to live there too.

I'm so sorry if I offended anyone. That was not my intention at all. I've received such valuable info with you all. Maybe I just don't get it. I'm really just asking for input since I'm so new, that's all.

Back