Houston Father Shoots Drunk Driver who killed his two sons...

I think the number was something like 38% in the South and 30% in the rest of American. I think those numbers are for legal ownership. There are 300 million guns.
So the total is 68% of Americans who own guns legally? Impossible! By the way, are all of them friendly?

Since I don't have the background information on these people I have no idea whether or not they were sane at the time they acquired their guns. So that neither proves nor disproves anything.

I'm more concerned about the people who are insane or mentally ill at the time that they get their guns. Not any of the proposed gun control laws would prevent that.
Please answer my last question. True or false?

So the total is 68% of Americans who own guns legally? Impossible! By the way, are all of them friendly?
Sorry, I wasn't clear.

The two numbers aren't supposed to be added together.

In the South, 38% of that population own guns.

In the rest of the USA, 30% of that population own guns.

It was a regional break down, not a national average.

How would I know if they were friendly or not? I haven't met them all.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

The two numbers aren't supposed to be added together.

In the South, 38% of that population own guns.

In the rest of the USA, 30% of that population own guns.

It was a regional break down, not a national average.

How would I know if they were friendly or not? I haven't met them all.
So you mean overall, it's 30% of Americans owning guns legally. Right? Are they all friendly? I don't think so because my former deaf co-worker was not. He kept talking about killing her ex-girlfriend while owning a gun legally. Is he the only one unfriendly owner? Nah.

So you mean overall, it's 30% of Americans owning guns legally. Right?
Only if you don't include the South.

Are they all friendly? I don't think so because my former deaf co-worker was not. He kept talking about killing her ex-girlfriend while owning a gun legally. Is he the only one unfriendly owner? Nah.
No one has ever said that they are all friendly, so I don't understand what your point is. Foxrac said the ones that he experienced were, and I will say that the ones that I've met are. Obviously, that's not the same as saying "all" gun owners. You are the only poster who used "all" to describe them.

No one has ever said that they are all friendly, so I don't understand what your point is. Foxrac said the ones that he experienced were, and I will say that the ones that I've met are. Obviously, that's not the same as saying "all" gun owners. You are the only poster who used "all" to describe them.
I was trying to point out that owning a gun doesn't keep its owner sane since some legal gun owners can be dangerous like any gun-related murderer.

I was trying to point out that owning a gun doesn't keep its owner sane since some legal gun owners can be dangerous like any gun-related murderer.

FYI, some legal car owners can be dangerous too.

Yes, I believe most guns are legally owned. This illegal gun ownership BS is overblown. No doubt there are tons of illegally acquired guns. Maybe even millions but it is nowhere near the numbers of legally owned. No way no how.

Myself... I'm on the fence. I do not like guns much. It's just not my kind of thing. I'm not opposed to them either. They're just not for me. That being said... I got a gun not too long ago. I have it secured in a non-removable gun safe on my trailer. I carry it for personal protection as I have a lot of expensive equipment and I do a bit of work at nights.

I do not have one in my house though. I have young kids and that's just not a burden that I'm willing to gamble with personally. Despite that... I'm pro-gun education as per the HB 1142 Texas bill proposed the other day enabling school districts to offer elective gun safety courses in high schools. I would allow my son to take it if he so desired. I would also join forces with him and be even more involved than he is regarding gun education.

I do think that they need to work on their procedures and start cracking down on irresponsible gun owners and keeping them out of the hands of certain individuals.

I myself know how the dad felt. Very heartbroken and mad! But it doesn't give him the right to kill. He should have beat him up (not to death) instead so he might get away with it and the driver would be in jail for a long time. That's the problem with owning a gun, when you are out of control, you would want to kill somebody like he did.

reposting in case you missed my question

did you lose a child too?

reposting in case you missed my question

did you lose a child too?
No, almost but I am still worried about my kids. I understand how he felt since we both are parents. Sometimes I had bad dreams of losing my kids. In reality, my son almost got killed at a mall parking alot while he was in high school. He still has bullet scar on his back. Long story, so that's all you need to know.

No, almost but I am still worried about my kids. I understand how he felt since we both are parents. Sometimes I had bad dreams of losing my kids. In reality, my son almost got killed at a mall parking alot while he was in high school. He still has bullet scar on his back. Long story, so that's all you need to know.

scary. was he shot by a thug?

That's not a fact.

I don't say about fact - based on experience - that where I met in real life.

For online community, Reba is one of most friendly member and it is one of most trusted person that I have around. :)

Do you have bad experience with gun owners in real life? If so, please share with us.

Yes, the gun culture is very strong in the southern states.

I don't say about fact - based on experience - that where I met in real life.

For online community, Reba is one of most friendly member and it is one of most trusted person that I have around. :)

Do you have bad experience with gun owners in real life? If so, please share with us.
I understand. Reba corrected me so no problem. Actually, I know only one who bragged about owning a gun. That's the one I talked about in my previous post. Nobody else have told me that they own guns legally since it's their privacy. I don't ask people around whether they have guns or not. Like Reba said, there is 38% of the Southerens having guns. In South Calif, ????

I understand. Reba corrected me so no problem. Actually, I know only one who bragged about owning a gun. That's the one I talked about in my previous post. Nobody else have told me that they own guns legally since it's their privacy. I don't ask people around whether they have guns or not. Like Reba said, there is 38% of the Southerens having guns. In South Calif, ????

SoCal - depending on geographic - it is weaker in coastal and cities, but more stronger in deep desert and mountain region.

SoCal - depending on geographic - it is weaker in coastal and cities, but more stronger in deep desert and mountain region.
Yeah, I suspect those people are rednecks who hunt for animals. No big deal! Let them have fun. :lol:

I knew a Czech friend who I met some months ago. He bragged about assault rifle that he owned. He was showing me picture on his phone, the one that he took of himself in the rifle in his arms and grinning.

And he has no criminal history at all (except being pothead)...

Back in America, it's even worse, lol, don't know how to list them here. I was in a southern state. But they were all very nice guys. Oh, and few chicks too.

Yeah, I suspect those people are rednecks who hunt for animals. No big deal! Let them have fun. :lol:

Not really... Hunting isn't limited to rednecks. New Yorkers are doing them too. Too many states are doing them. Your thinking is very limited.

I agree with you- no big deal...

Back