Hostile society of the hearing people

Seems like there was a misunderstanding so I wont bget involved but I wanted to give you a FYI..if you make posts using quotes from a song to use as an analogy or something, pls let us know where it came from since many of us dont hear music and dont have a lot of background knowledge of the different lyrics out there. Thanks

No problem Shel90 :D

Also is it okay to PM you. I have a question to ask...its something based on one of your prior post that I think you would have an EXCELLENT answer to.

What kind of Starbucks is this ?? :lol:

Just normal. I think it is their trademark plush toy call "Bearista." But it is in a werewolf suit, and you can pull the werewolf hood back and the bear's head is there.

Joey is very jealous as he thinks all toys are his. :lol:

Just normal. I think it is their trademark plush toy call "Bearista." But it is in a werewolf suit, and you can pull the werewolf hood back and the bear's head is there.

Joey is very jealous as he thinks all toys are his. :lol:

How very cute. :D

I have not been in Starbucks in forever, I didn't know they had this stuff ..

I think they have a picture of you under the definition, "Anal" in the dictionary. :lol:
It's true. I can be anal about some things which in my view are important. Communication is one of them. That combined with the fact that my job requires me to take things very literaly probably contribute to my analnessisness. :lol:

It's true. I can be anal about some things which in my view are important. Communication is one of them. That combined with the fact that my job requires me to take things very literaly probably contribute to my analnessisness. :lol:

No. We know you are very cool. Anal people never play the drums! :wave:

Seems like there was a misunderstanding so I wont bget involved but I wanted to give you a FYI..if you make posts using quotes from a song to use as an analogy or something, pls let us know where it came from since many of us dont hear music and dont have a lot of background knowledge of the different lyrics out there. Thanks

Tomato, tomahto isn't from a song. So it's not really a concern of using a song, it's more of using a reference to phonetics that go over a lot of people's head. Jiro is especially guilty of doing this, making references to phonetically pronounced words that go over deafies' head.

Regarding tomato: it's a phrase used by hearing people because there's two way of saying "tomatoes." Best way to descrie the idiom is: "you pronounce this way, I pronounce it this way; and we bickers over how it's being said. It's the SAME THING!"

Tomato - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The pronunciation of tomato differs in different English-speaking countries; the two most common variants are /təˈmɑːtoʊ/ and /təˈmeɪtoʊ/. Speakers from the British Isles, most of the Commonwealth, and speakers of Southern American English typically say /təˈmɑːtoʊ/, while most American and Canadian speakers usually say /təˈmeɪtoʊ/.

Best comparison to ASL is:

"I sign TRY with A-handshape, you sign TRY with S-handshape."

Note I am ignoring the T-handshape introduced by SEE2.

No problem Shel90 :D

Also is it okay to PM you. I have a question to ask...its something based on one of your prior post that I think you would have an EXCELLENT answer to.

Sure, PM me! :)

The mere use of an idiom or lyrics or something of similiar nature that needs interpretation into ASL shows that blaqueinque is still very ignorant and has a lot to learn. It appears that blaqueinque coming from a hearing perspective had the intention of turning the objection of the tread around on us (or for his/her benefit "turning the tables") to see if we would be hostile to the hearing. It is merely hot air with blaqueinque and others with the same mindset. Blaqueinque it seems, is not here to learn but to stir the pot. For blaqueinque to think that we are clueless to this is an insult to our intelligence. Let's not waste our energy unless of course he/she can state otherwise.

The mere use of an idiom or lyrics or something of similiar nature that needs interpretation into ASL shows that blaqueinque is still very ignorant and has a lot to learn. It appears that blaqueinque coming from a hearing perspective had the intention of turning the objection of the tread around on us to see if we would be hostile to the hearing. It is merely hot air with blaqueinque and others with the same mindset. Blaqueinque it seems, is not here to learn but to stir the pot. For blaqueinque to think that we are clueless to this is an insult to our intelligence. Let's not waste our energy unless of course he/she can state otherwise.

Actually, for awhile I thought people were loopy because it's a common idiom in literatures and TV, but then I remembered:

not a lot of people read, even hearing people.

I've read alot captioning on TV and read quite a bit of fictions growing up (or I would have been bored!) and I don't remember the tomato, tomatoe idiom. either that, or I tuned out.

I've read alot captioning on TV and read quite a bit of fictions growing up (or I would have been bored!) and I don't remember the tomato, tomatoe idiom. either that, or I tuned out.

Don't worry, its the lyrics of a song in an old Classic movie. Probably long before your time :D It was before my generation too, but I'm well-versed in old movies.

The mere use of an idiom or lyrics or something of similiar nature that needs interpretation into ASL shows that blaqueinque is still very ignorant and has a lot to learn. It appears that blaqueinque coming from a hearing perspective had the intention of turning the objection of the tread around on us (or for his/her benefit "turning the tables") to see if we would be hostile to the hearing. It is merely hot air with blaqueinque and others with the same mindset. Blaqueinque it seems, is not here to learn but to stir the pot. For blaqueinque to think that we are clueless to this is an insult to our intelligence. Let's not waste our energy unless of course he/she can state otherwise.

It's also possible that she could be new and clueless so I'll over look this at first but if this keeps up, I'm going to comment on it.

Back