HIV+ Travellers banned from entering the US

Should the law be changed?

• No! Leave the current law intact!

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Maybe; change the law to permit tourists but no immigrants.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Yes, end the ban!

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yes there is a difference. Sick kids with HIV/AIDS are dying, have no physical movements, making a wish. Tourist considered to be adults, children, and senior ciztens who enter the country from a different country.

Don't tell it to me. Tell that to your Government who doesn't perceive this difference.

By the way, HIV/AIDS is not a disease. You can get a HIV/AIDS by through sex contract, sharing needles, and drugs therefore it is infected.

HUH? Not a disease? Then what is it?

HUH? Not a disease? Then what is it?
HIV : any of various strains, serotypes, or clades of HIV-1 and HIV-2 that infect and destroy helper T cells of the immune system causing the marked reduction in their numbers that is diagnostic of AIDS -- called also AIDS virus, human immunodeficiency virus
that's why I said it is infected.However Kuifje75 has provided an artitce that saying, "HIV sometimes manifests into symptoms, so according to the definition, it is a disease. I never heard that it was otherwise."

disease 2 : a condition of the living animal or plant body or of one of its parts that impairs normal functioning and is typically manifested by distinguishing signs and symptoms : SICKNESS, MALADY
That's why it is hard to determind that HIV/AIDS is considered a disease or not.

It is interesting to see that you do not understand the structure of HIV. It invades the blood cells and renders them to be nonfunctional. Therefore, it weakens our immune system. According to the dictionary for disease, if normal function of a living animal body is impaired then it is a disease.

HIV enters the bloodstream and begins to take up residence in the cells; this is when HIV infection occurs. People with HIV are considered to be infectious (able to transmit HIV to others) immediately after infection with the virus.

A person with HIV is infectious at all times. Also, a person does not need to have symptoms or look sick to have HIV. In fact, people may look perfectly healthy for many years despite the fact that they have HIV in their bodies.

A person can spread the virus immediately after becoming infected with HIV. After becoming infected, a person is considered infected for the rest of their life.
There is no known cure or vaccine to prevent infection at this time.

interesting I never saw anything like that.. but now I think of that.. if u people ever move to UK then accidently get HIV + will still be denied to go back to us? if u USED to be a us citizen? that's what i wonder about the most... hmm oh well.. :)

Speaking of surprise, gay people get HIV/AIDS more than white people do.

Gay people and white people? That's cannot compare with race colors. :ugh:

Gay people can be white, black, latino or asian.

that's why I said it is infected.However Kuifje75 has provided an artitce that saying, "HIV sometimes manifests into symptoms, so according to the definition, it is a disease. I never heard that it was otherwise."

That's why it is hard to determind that HIV/AIDS is considered a disease or not.

I already knew that it is a disease..I was being scarcastic cuz it is a disease no argument about it. With infections, u can take antibodics and they usually go away. Diseases do not and HIV/AIDS do not go away, right? So..it is a disease.

I already knew that it is a disease..I was being scarcastic cuz it is a disease no argument about it. With infections, u can take antibodics and they usually go away. Diseases do not and HIV/AIDS do not go away, right? So..it is a disease.

Yea, that right...

It was called permanent disease.

Back