HIV cases on the rise in Southern IL

I was in Chicago working about four years after Aids had become a household word. The guys were talking about it and all of that. I did not see - if such a thing can be said, where behaviors had changed enough to be a safe city. I did not date at all while I was there. I was scared.

It was the only place I have ever been where I had women I had never seen before giving me their phone numbers while we were driving in traffic. That is not so easy to accomplish. :lol: That is one different city. Quite an experience for an Alaska boy back then. There were more people in Cook County then than in the whole state of Alaska now. Very much a culture of its own and by the time I was blasting out of there I could understand how people could be pulled into it. I was treated very well on the job and everywhere.

I'm pretty sure that southern IL isn't the only place it is on the rise.

You befuddle the sane- you said 'thank god I saw this before I went down there'- this leads most of us to believe that you may or will participate in any of the activities that lead to HIV/AIDS. Then you turn around and say 'oh no nooo no.. I don't do any of that or hang around with anyone that does'. WHICH IS IT?! Yes there's probably a wild bunch but why would a 30 year old be hanging with a wild bunch of 16 year olds (your word on that last bit not mine.. Wild bunch of people come in all ages imho).

It would have been MUCH better to just post- oh this is an interesting article. We don't need to know how it would affect you if it doesn't affect you in any way shape or form.

So- unless a flying dirty needle filled with tainted blood happens to pierce your skin and be injected and knock you unconscious and the owner (who happens to be infected...) of the needle comes looking and has sex with you, don't get dramatic about 'whew, good thing I saw this!'

What's a point to take test if you never had sex, share needle, and someone bleed over your eyes/cut skin before.
Sometimes agencies require testing. In the military, it's a mandatory part of our annual physical.

A group of people were shooting up and passing around the needle. I asked them if they weren't afraid of getting HIV.
"Nope, we are wearing condoms."

Sorry, couldn't resist.
I feel better now.
Carry on.

Yes. That is what I took to be the issue.

Yeah and that was why the doctor stopped picking the glass out of my head and put some gloves on. I was knocked out cold for awhile and the doctor could had remove the glass from my head then and had a nurse clean me up.
The doctor I had was a real jerk , I had him before and he knew I am HOH and did not ask me where my HA where .

True but he is not in the military or EMT or officer police or whatever.
Those aren't the only groups who require testing; I only used my situation as an example. There are other groups that could also require testing. It could be that the program that provides his housing arrangement requires testing. It's not a group home, as such, but it is a living situation that is set up with multiple non-related residents under one roof. Or, it might just be part of his comprehensive annual physical that his program provides as a service.

Yeah, it's on the rise everywhere.... Unfortunately....

Mew: Hello, my name is Mew and I'm your nurse.
Mark: Hi, my name is Mark.
Mew: You need to take several tests.
Mark: Oh really, why I need tests?
Mew: I just want make sure that you are healthy.
Mark: Ok, go ahead.
Mew: First test is HIV, second test is urine test and third test is blood
Mark: *took HIV test and urine test*
Mew: *process the test and check the result*
Mark: How is my test?
Mew: I'm sorry to tell you - that's bad news.
Mark: What???
Mew: Your test result showed that you have HIV and there are some blood in urine.
Mark: Oh really? serious?
Mew: Yes, there is paper for you and you should take HIV medicines everyday.
Mark: Oh wait, I think I spent my time in stupid activity with Nihilist and sonocativo in NYC, so that may I got HIV.
Mew: It is possible, but you are really stupid, really very stupid.
Mark: Yes, I agree and I'm disappointed.
Mew: It is better for you to stay in hospital for several days.
Mark: Why?
Mew: You aren't normal and you really need help.

Mew: Your test result showed that you have HIV and there are some blood in urine.
Mark: Oh wait, I think I spent my time in stupid activity with Nihilist and sonocativo in NYC, so that may I got HIV.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
3335243456_ROFLMAO_1_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Wait a minute.....Fox, dont leave yourself out... you know you were there all along having just as much fun !

Back