HIV cases on the rise in Southern IL

OK....then keep ur pants zipped up....you have 2 good hands....and if all fails...then get a "jacket"....several of 'em....magnifying glass to check for Crabs too....:giggle:...Health report is mandatory also....Load up on those X-large condoms, Chicago....Be "ever ready" like a good boy scout.

How do you know the condoms must be X-large? :laugh2:

I have a hunch that since Mew is into medical field... No doubt she is going to post away once she sees this thread.

Well, there has been plenty of TMI stuff here on AD in the years since I have been a member here. :D

I have been here for 8 years. That's a long time.

I have a hunch that since Mew is into medical field... No doubt she is going to post away once she sees this thread.

I won't be around if she does. Got better things to do than argue with her.

I grew up in the late 70s and 80s when the AIDS epidemic was rampant so it has left a mark on me...I am still terrified of it.

I remember during my school years we talked about Ryan White in the 80's.

I grew up in the late 70s and 80s when the AIDS epidemic was rampant so it has left a mark on me...I am still terrified of it.

OK so riddle me this, why did you say, "Good thing you spotted it" and then in another post you say, "not worried about it too much"

If you were not worried about it, why even post this?

Cause certain areas have people that are a wild bunch. I would know-- lived there 16 years.

Thankfully, no. I wouldn't anyhow. I'd have to have the person tested before I did my thing. I know I got tested, and I'm clean.

What's a point to take test if you never had sex, share needle, and someone bleed over your eyes/cut skin before.

th

I won't be around if she does. Got better things to do than argue with her.

Stop it, you are not 8 years old so you need to discuss with her in adult matter, not make any excuse that why you can't do it or post too much information.

I remember during my school years we talked about Ryan White in the 80's.

That was HUGE in my time..plus, Magic Johnson, Gia, Rocky Hudson and all that. Nowadays, it is not as mentioned as it was back in those days.

Right, in the 1980's no one understood AIDS/HIV and was afraid of Ryan White as he became isolated all those years. Unfortunately, it took long for public to understand how the disease works. I remember Magic Johnson announced he had HIV back then.

I'm sure in middle and high school health class.. they educate students about the danger of the HIV/AIDS today.

That was HUGE in my time..plus, Magic Johnson, Gia, Rocky Hudson and all that. Nowadays, it is not as mentioned as it was back in those days.

In the beginning it was treated like it was strictly a gay disease. Huh? I remember being up here in Alaska reading about it down there. The gay disease rationale sounded like total horseshit to me. Reading as it all unfolded, Ronald Reagan refusing to treat it like a serious disastrous epidemic. People continuing to carry on like it could not happen to them.
It was a sad and awful time in our nation as it rapidly spread and killed.

Back