Hi/Questions/Comments

The easylink has been pretty good to me, except the occaisional weird noise. And what kind of fm is the one you're talking about? Is it a little clip on transmitter with a wired mic, a neck-worn mic, etc? Right now I have a neck-worn, and I think if any of my teachers ever heard what it sounds like when they cross their arms in front of it, they would stop. Immediately. Also, my boots survived the washing machine. :shock: So did my hearing aids, so I'm going to count myself extremely lucky. That was not a fun day.

not working better than the other..just not working period and my ha was cycling programs by itself like the actual programs and same with them turning on and off by themselves...lol they are possessed haha

:p that's insane. Mine have changed their channel themselves, I'm assuming because they were trying to pick up someone's nearby channel? I also find it funny to go in public places and hear my fm click on. It always gets my eyebrows raised trying to find out -WHO?-.

that used to happen to me when i went thru those alarm things at the stores....drove me nutsss

I just checked out the Versatas- They look really cool. Ohgosh. Today at the supermarket, standing right next to the cart lines- OHMIGOSH!!! I just about jumped, it was so loud. Glad they have the Smartlink with them. What do you think my aud is going to reccomend next year?

:p that's insane. Mine have changed their channel themselves, I'm assuming because they were trying to pick up someone's nearby channel? I also find it funny to go in public places and hear my fm click on. It always gets my eyebrows raised trying to find out -WHO?-.

Mine used to switch b/c of interference, not necessarily someone with an FM. That's why I got EasyFM taken off, it was more annoying than it was useful. I may try getting it turned on again next week, only because a few times i've somehow managed to turn my smartlink on while its in my purse, and i didn't notice, therefore wasting the battery.

*EQL*

I just checked out the Versatas- They look really cool. Ohgosh. Today at the supermarket, standing right next to the cart lines- OHMIGOSH!!! I just about jumped, it was so loud. Glad they have the Smartlink with them. What do you think my aud is going to reccomend next year?

If you don't want to be spending too much money the versatas are a mid-grade hearing aid. I loved it while it has lasted but now doesn't do much for me. For that chip line with similar technology (phonak) it goes the certena, versata, exelia. I am not sure about the audeo smart or the new milo and then there is the naida which is a power aid that you don't come close to needing for your loss. I would try out the versatas if you can:) They are a good aid and weren't too expensive either for it being newer technology :) Also try the smartlink *if you can* it's a good FM system ...if you have anymore questions just ask. I also used to wear Unas....they don't have much to them tho..very basic aid

girlingrey: what do you have now? what brand does your audi seem to associate with? before my Naidas i had "bernafon" Neo 112s. They did the trick until I maxed them out, and I actually think the noise cancellation on them was better than on my naidas.
*EQL*

Right now I have two BTE savias. They're pretty nice, use a boot for the FM. Ideally, I'm looking for a hearing aid compatible with an FM that will be good to use at college. This is the last hearing aid set I'm going to get free through insurance, so I'm looking for something good for college and of course life. :D

Yeah, why? I'm covered by secondary insurance- still a minor. So these are the last ones that they'll cover.

Ook thats what I was wondering didn't know if u got to choose your own ha's or not...cuz i know in the UK they are free but they dont get to choose thats why i was asking...but ya i like to stay with phonak cuz my fm is with them and even though ive had troubles with them they are great for getting my ha fixed quickly and helping me and such

it's now reccomended to teens and adults, but really for just conversational purposes
FM for conversational purposes? Umm whatever for?
Oh, and eql, I think you'll find that a lot of people don't use FM in college. They're good in some cases (eg large lecture halls where there's an echo) but in real classrooms you could request that the professor conduct the class with circle style seating, rather then in rows with teacher at the front. Then again everyone's different. I know jillo (our resident hearie-Deafie who works at a large university) says that most of the dhh folks she sees don't opt for FM (and when they do, they're usually late deaf)

FM for conversational purposes? Umm whatever for?
Oh, and eql, I think you'll find that a lot of people don't use FM in college. They're good in some cases (eg large lecture halls where there's an echo) but in real classrooms you could request that the professor conduct the class with circle style seating, rather then in rows with teacher at the front.
Unfortunately our classes aren't big enough to do that. Seminars it works, but not in classes :S. Its rows or nothing.
Then again everyone's different. I know jillo (our resident hearie-Deafie who works at a large university) says that most of the dhh folks she sees don't opt for FM (and when they do, they're usually late deaf)

Late deaf - That's me. Although my counsellor is looking to see if any of our terps can do Sim-Comm for any of my classes for me. Mon i have 7 hours and Tues i have 6 hrs :S, so by the end of the day i'm too tired and listening is a no-go.

*EQL*

Yes, I appreciate the sarcasm and everyone's advice. As for the audiograms..
honestly, I'm not sure. Twice they've been explained to me, and frankly... still don't know the numbers. People ask me often for what dbl levels I CAN and cannot hear, and I often just have to shrug. My last timp was probably my most "interesting" as far as they go. One ear was.. I guess normal for me, the other flatlined, and I was told I had a hole in my eardrum. Which would probably explain why it hurt so much to swim. Maybe.

I learned on AD about the numbers and the audiograms etc :giggle:

Unfortunately our classes aren't big enough to do that. Seminars it works, but not in classes :S. Its rows or nothing.
True dat. There are some situtions where an FM is a good idea.

Back