Hi/Questions/Comments

huh? now im confused :confused::dunno:
*EQL*

Ok. It was a silly joke. I responded to the OP hostile question, I used sarcasm.

I do that to people who get snarky.

And really it is effective to get people to act rationally if they can see what I am doing to them.

I moderate elsewhere due to my skills at getting people to behave.

Botty means no harm she makes jokes..that new ppl obvs dont get yet lol haha if u stick around botty's sarcasm is harmless:P hehe lol and u don't have to post your audiogram although some of us get curious and some get OVER curious *cough cough DD*

Botty means no harm she makes jokes..that new ppl obvs dont get yet lol haha if u stick around botty's sarcasm is harmless:P hehe lol and u don't have to post your audiogram although some of us get curious and some get OVER curious *cough cough DD*

:laugh2: I was so tactful and mentioned no names. :)

haha well we all know how i am towards some ppl who won't be mentioned and how i feel about unsaid people and said statements

haha well we all know how i am towards some ppl who won't be mentioned and how i feel about unsaid people and said statements

Which statements, it goes without saying, should remain unsaid. :P BY the aforementioned some people I mean.

new tv season eh i need to start gettin back to my tv shows...i never have enough time to watch my shows i like...i am playing scrabble right now

ahh.. ok.. wasnt sure if you (Botty) were being sarcastic or not! Now I know! :D
As for my audiogram, i personally prefer not to post it for the world to see. If someone is interested I wouldnt mind discussing privately, but this board comes up through google, so no thank you to a google-wide post! ;)
*EQL*

ahh.. ok.. wasnt sure if you (Botty) were being sarcastic or not! Now I know! :D
As for my audiogram, i personally prefer not to post it for the world to see. If someone is interested I wouldnt mind discussing privately, but this board comes up through google, so no thank you to a google-wide post! ;)
*EQL*

You can count on it I am usually sarcastic. But honest most of us have put up our audiograms as there are lots of requests. Deaf people are just weird that way.

I am pretty flat 95 db except in my right ear, I go to about 75 in the very low ranges.

Yes, I appreciate the sarcasm and everyone's advice. As for the audiograms..
honestly, I'm not sure. Twice they've been explained to me, and frankly... still don't know the numbers. People ask me often for what dbl levels I CAN and cannot hear, and I often just have to shrug. My last timp was probably my most "interesting" as far as they go. One ear was.. I guess normal for me, the other flatlined, and I was told I had a hole in my eardrum. Which would probably explain why it hurt so much to swim. Maybe.

how about this, are you mild/moderate/severe/profound deaf?

That should give us an idea of your db level of hearing. We usually can tell which hearing aids are no good for certain hearing range.

Moderate hearing loss, last time I got tested I believe. Hasn't been too long. Does hearing technology really change in a span of 4 years? It seems now the FM I got back then is now rated as not really suitable for classroom use and such, it's now reccomended to teens and adults, but really for just conversational purposes. Kind of annoying.

moderate hearing loss makes more sense but a smartlink would give you more room to hear more but you don't really need that much power but it will still help. A zoomlink would do just as well for you. And as for hearing adis are you looking for newer ones? I used to have a mild-moderate loss but that quickly jumped out the window and now its severe inching to profound so ya lemme know:)

I've been told that I'll qualify for new ones next year. That'll be my 5th year. My aud mentioned that next year I should get the smartlink (I'll be using it for HS and college), especially if I want to use it for the phone. I just picked up an audio cord and a splitter. I don't know what kind of hearing aids I'll be getting yet. Last time they gave me the option of the Savias or the other kind.. :D I forget what they were, small, seen them on here sometimes.

maybe the audeo... not sure not the naida cuz those are power aids and too strong for your loss ...you could try versatas:) thats what I have until I have to get new ones they are pretty good aids with a bit more features than the savias as well as they are a part of the new CORE chip line that phonak has. Mine are in my DP pic to the left but I am getting new ones soon as mine are maxed out. And yes If you are going to college definitely look into getting at least a zoomlink or smartlink if you can it's a great fm system..it has its flaws tho and kinks sometimes but maybe just me and JennyB have bad luck with hearing aids and fm systems...lol hmmm

maybe the audeo... not sure not the naida cuz those are power aids and too strong for your loss ...you could try versatas:) thats what I have until I have to get new ones they are pretty good aids with a bit more features than the savias as well as they are a part of the new CORE chip line that phonak has. Mine are in my DP pic to the left but I am getting new ones soon as mine are maxed out. And yes If you are going to college definitely look into getting at least a zoomlink or smartlink if you can it's a great fm system..it has its flaws tho and kinks sometimes but maybe just me and JennyB have bad luck with hearing aids and fm systems...lol hmmm
What flaws and kinks have you found? the only problems ive had so far seem to be from my HAs not being fully programmed yet.
*EQL*

JennyB and I have had our fair share of probs...fm system cutting in and out..turning on and off by themselves, switching programs, one side not working lol as well as hearing aid probs...both our audis wouldn't want us in the same office hahaha

JennyB and I have had our fair share of probs...fm system cutting in and out..turning on and off by themselves, switching programs, one side not working lol as well as hearing aid probs...both our audis wouldn't want us in the same office hahaha
I've had similar issues:
Turning on and off: just had easyFM disabled today due to this
cutting in and out: I get this too, but it's generally inherent in any wireless system. Stupid interference!
Switching programs: do you mean related to the programs on ur HAs? like the program EasyFM that switches it automatically?
1 side working better than other: thats definitely odd. I had a similar issue with Easy FM not turning on in both HAs at the same time.
*EQL*

Back