Hi/Questions/Comments

girlingrey

Reaction score
Hi. I am hoh and wear bilat BTE's, Phonak... Naidas or something?? Still not sure :D
I use them with boots and one of the old EasyLink microphones, and I have a few questions:
Can I get a replacement audio cord to connect to my iPod/computer/tv so I can go back to using this stuff? I bought those huge 80's headphones that cup the ears so they'd fit around my h-a's, and therefore the sound would go into the mic, but they're a huge pain to carry around!! I hate using regular earbuds because they hurt and generally need to be loud enough for everyone else to hear in order for me to hear the music properly.

This is kinda weird. I was at the audiologist getting one of the tubes fixed (split AGAIN at the earmold ^_^) and I decided that I ought to ask, while I was there, about cell phone compatability. I just got a new phone (actually is t3/bluetooth enabled!!!!), however the easylink doesn't really work with bluetooth phones. BUT. She said that I'd soon be due for new equiptment. New equiptment?!! I got my stuff... 4 years ago-ish. Do I really need a new mic and such? Was she mistaken? She said that the next time I go for equiptment I should ask about getting the smartlink and make sure I mention that I'd really like to use it with my phone, etc. and she commented that she had no idea why the last person to advise me concerning equipt. DIDN'T mention cell phone compatability, and thinking of my age.

Any ideas?

I hope to find this a good resource for information/advice. Not many hoh people around my area/my age D: .

many of us will answer ur questions but it is best if you introduce yourself first in the appropriate section before posting questions

Hi. I am hoh and wear bilat BTE's, Phonak... Naidas or something?? Still not sure :D
I use them with boots and one of the old EasyLink microphones
Naidas with boots? never heard of that.. my reciever is built into my battery compartment. Which version of naidas do you have? Or do you mean integrated recievers? (im currently picturing boots with the europlug on the bottom or something :confused:)

Can I get a replacement audio cord to connect to my iPod/computer/tv so I can go back to using this stuff?
Yup, either at your audie, or if its a 3.5mm to 3.5mm (same size as headphones) you can get them at some dollarstores and futureshop/bestbuy.

I bought those huge 80's headphones that cup the ears so they'd fit around my h-a's, and therefore the sound would go into the mic, but they're a huge pain to carry around!! I hate using regular earbuds because they hurt and generally need to be loud enough for everyone else to hear in order for me to hear the music properly.
I bet that must be annoying! That would give me huge feedback issues tho!

I just got a new phone (actually is t3/bluetooth enabled!!!!), however the easylink doesn't really work with bluetooth phones.
if its T3 it should work with your T-Coil. But no, easylink i believe does not do bluetooth.
BUT. She said that I'd soon be due for new equiptment. New equiptment?!! I got my stuff... 4 years ago-ish. Do I really need a new mic and such? Was she mistaken? She said that the next time I go for equiptment I should ask about getting the smartlink and make sure I mention that I'd really like to use it with my phone, etc. and she commented that she had no idea why the last person to advise me concerning equipt. DIDN'T mention cell phone compatability, and thinking of my age.
what is your age? there are quite a few of us uni students on here! Depending on where you are from, different places have different rules. I just got my new Smartlink totally paid for by my university :cool2:
but ya, if you get smartlink it should work, but ive found keeping bluetooth on really drains the battery of the phone.
Hope this helps a bit!
*EQL*

Thank you for the answers!
I beleive they're Naidas. The boot attaches right on the battery compartment door. They're difficult to put on/off. it doesn't have that weird prong plug like i've seen online, just sort of clips in.
AWESOME comments about the audio cord. I didn't realize they might be available at the dollar store! *HEAD/WALL*
The headphones do tend to give me feedback but they're easier to use. I used to have some excellent sony headphones, but the hearing aids were never considered, and it's confusing to be taking out my hearing aids to be able to listen to my ipod, or use my phone.
I honestly don't know whether I have a t-coil in my aids or not. My aud sort of danced around this question (unintentionally, I'm sure) when I was asking her about cell phone usage. I'm in HS, and all my stuff is covered by secondary insurance. As I said, she said stuff about getting new equipt, so you know my h-aids perked up. Though I was confused. I didn't think people actually went through equiptment like that. Though I have to admit, I'd love to have a transmitter that was more group/class discussion friendly, and something a bit better for uni.

Thank you for the answers!
I beleive they're Naidas. The boot attaches right on the battery compartment door. They're difficult to put on/off. it doesn't have that weird prong plug like i've seen online, just sort of clips in.
AWESOME comments about the audio cord. I didn't realize they might be available at the dollar store! *HEAD/WALL*
The headphones do tend to give me feedback but they're easier to use. I used to have some excellent sony headphones, but the hearing aids were never considered, and it's confusing to be taking out my hearing aids to be able to listen to my ipod, or use my phone.
I honestly don't know whether I have a t-coil in my aids or not. My aud sort of danced around this question (unintentionally, I'm sure) when I was asking her about cell phone usage. I'm in HS, and all my stuff is covered by secondary insurance. As I said, she said stuff about getting new equipt, so you know my h-aids perked up. Though I was confused. I didn't think people actually went through equiptment like that. Though I have to admit, I'd love to have a transmitter that was more group/class discussion friendly, and something a bit better for uni.

Are you really deaf? Don't Phonak still print the model on the bottom of each aid?

Urgh I had Naida imprinted in my mind from reading this stupid booklet. On the side it says Savia. What, do I need to pull up my timp/speech banana just to belong here? lol. It's not the micro h-aid. I have a progressive moderate loss, i forget the technical name for it. I don't know too much about all of this- what I know comes from speaking with the audi, my h-support, and trying to trouble shoot day-day problems online.

Urgh I had Naida imprinted in my mind from reading this stupid booklet. On the side it says Savia. What, do I need to pull up my timp/speech banana just to belong here? lol. It's not the micro h-aid. I have a progressive moderate loss, i forget the technical name for it. I don't know too much about all of this- what I know comes from speaking with the audi, my h-support, and trying to trouble shoot day-day problems online.

I used to have Savia Arts. Good hearing aids.

They are pretty good. Withstand it all :D Only recently did an aud decide to offer me different programs, and I totally appreciated her help. One of my classes has a good 25 or so kids in it, along with not being carpeted. It's a trailer-classroom, and it's basically like living in a constant echo. I've been using the "teacher wears fm, turn down the h-aid volume" strategy to fight the constant sound interruption. I mean, for phys. ed. it was easy- take em out and lipread/social bluff. That was a *wonderful* class. *Sarcasm*

I used to have the edulink similar to the easylink i believe i have the smartlink now and its a lot better :) u can use it for the phone and blue tooth etc cept now i don't really use the phone much as my hearing or lack there of is worse lol

Naidai's with boots I assume are referring to DAI. Since they are 4 yrs old they may not be capable of the direct connection that the new naida's provide. Your audiologist may be talking about new aids since the Naida's have improved a bit in the past 4 yrs. That should run you about $5000. Then the smartlink which would no longer require your aids to have a boot would cost you about $1500, maybe a little less. Aren't you glad you asked. Although with your current aids and the boots, and again I am assuming you mean DAI, you may still be able to use the smartlink. You need to check that out.

Urgh I had Naida imprinted in my mind from reading this stupid booklet. On the side it says Savia. What, do I need to pull up my timp/speech banana just to belong here? lol.

Why didn't you provide your audiogram? You "lol" like you think it isn't in the rules. :hmm:

Didn't read those either?

we are always curious of pples losses u have a moderate loss? what dB do you recall? just wondering:)

Why didn't you provide your audiogram? You "lol" like you think it isn't in the rules. :hmm:

Didn't read those either?

Don't take this the wrong way.. totally honest question: where does it actually say that you HAVE to post your audiogram?
Thanks,
*EQL*

Back