hi, I am (place your statement)

Booyah!!! :fly2:

I'm Patty, I'm HoH and I come from a 6th generation Deafie family.
I'm trilingual in Spoken English, ASL, conversational French. Thanks to my boyfriend, KingCobra, I've learned quite a bit about MSL (Maritimes Sign Language). I will be exposed to LSQ as I will move to Ottawa pretty soon.

Hello my name is Kevbo from New Jersey. I became deaf when I was 11 months due to high fever. I grew up going to a deaf school and I was trained to sign in pidgin. After graduating 8th grade, I went to a mainstreamed high school. As right now, I sign in SEE (signing exact english).
Kthxbye

Hi, I'm Jamie. I'm a CODA-LDA: coda-late deafened adult. I became profoundly deaf at 17, but I was raised in the Deaf community. I sign in PSE/ASL (depends on who I'm with.) My dad and his family are Deaf - I speak well (didnt become hoh till 5 years old.) And work in retail. :P

SeattleBlue said:
Hi all, I'm Eric.
I'm not deaf.
I'm learning ASL. (I think;))

question:
SEE = signed exact inglish
PSE = pigin signed english
ASL = american sign language

right? and...

BSL = ?british sign language?
MSL = ?
LSQ = ?
AUSLAN = ?australian??

...and what are some of the differences?

Never mind, someone have the answer - Freaky!

so what precisely is MSL and how does it differ from ASL? I'm thinking that it might be lingusticly simlair to BSL, since the Candaian Maritimes had a strong British influence, but I'm not sure.

deafdyke said:
so what precisely is MSL and how does it differ from ASL? I'm thinking that it might be lingusticly simlair to BSL, since the Candaian Maritimes had a strong British influence, but I'm not sure.

Hmm... google found and tell me that ASL and MSL are pretty same. :dunno:

deafdyke said:

MSL is Maritimes Sign Language and the Maritimes is the East Coast of Canada. I've seen BSL and MSL is not like BSL. MSL has their own signs which is very unique. Even some of the Newfie deafie friends I know would constantly tease me with one sign.. I thought it was "Full of Shit" and they kept cracking up at me all the time until I learned it meant "condom". :lol: Now I tease my friends that know nothing about MSL by using the condom trick!! However, I'll gladly ask KingCobra to clarify the difference between MSL and ASL.

Freaky said:
MSL is Maritimes Sign Language and the Maritimes is the East Coast of Canada. I've seen BSL and MSL is not like BSL. MSL has their own signs which is very unique. Even some of the Newfie deafie friends I know would constantly tease me with one sign.. I thought it was "Full of Shit" and they kept cracking up at me all the time until I learned it meant "condom". :lol: Now I tease my friends that know nothing about MSL by using the condom trick!! However, I'll gladly ask KingCobra to clarify the difference between MSL and ASL.

tee-hee... "condom" :o

well, I am bump this thead for new member, please place your statement! Oh, don't be shy! Come on!

PHEW! I go AWOL for a few days and come back to long long messages! Trawling through these makes me so tired and thirsty.

OK..... I am Anne but known as Daughter to my friends (my nickname is Daughter Of Darkness cos I got a thing for Vampires)

I am profoundly deaf

Can Lipread

Use BSL but a bit rusty at the moment as I hardly sign. I speak more than I sign

Hugz
Anne

kevbo said:
Hello my name is Kevbo from New Jersey. I became deaf when I was 11 months due to high fever. I grew up going to a deaf school and I was trained to sign in pidgin. After graduating 8th grade, I went to a mainstreamed high school. As right now, I sign in SEE (signing exact english).
Kthxbye

You use SEE? I never realized that...

* I am Cheri
* I am deaf *started the age of five*
*use asl and my voice to communicated.

I'm Angel with wings... :angel: ...

I became deaf at the age of 5 due to illness.....

I use ASL signs and speak like a hearing person....

Giday, I'm Rachel
BSL and Auslan is my language
I live Down Under, the land of Oz!

Liebling:-))) said:
Welcome to AllDeaf :D
Have a fun....

Sorry, I replied on this topic mistakenly. :Oops:

I'm Michelle - my relatives in England call me "Shelly" but my friends call me in Germany "Micha" -
BSL is my own languages but I can do with DGS, ASL & Korean (bit).
I'm deaf & live in Southern Germany (Bavaria area) since 1985.
I'm full part employer!
:ily:

Liebling:-))) said:
Sorry, I replied on this topic mistakenly. :Oops:

I'm Michelle - my relatives in England call me "Shelly" but my friends call me in Germany "Micha" -
BSL is my own languages but I can do with DGS, ASL & Korean (bit).
I'm deaf & live in Southern Germany (Bavaria area) since 1985.
I'm full part employer!

Wow. What make you learn ASL? Plan to come to America to meet deaf fellows? :)

illustrator said:
Wow. What make you learn ASL? Plan to come to America to meet deaf fellows? :)
Good question. :ily:
I started to learn ASL like A to Z to prepare Canadian´s visit between 1975 & 1978 in school. They (4) visited our school for 3 weeks to education & learn the cultures. They taught me how to do ASL because they are happy that I´m interesting to learn ASL. :mrgreen:
Around 11 years later after that in 1985 I started my new job in Germany & met a hearing American solider who can used ASL & also Korean sign languages as well but his deaf Korean wife understand bit about ASL. They stationed here in Germany for 3 years, that´s how I learned from them.
I met an other American solider at canteen last year. He saw me use DGS with my work colleague & made first move & ask me if I´m deaf. I say yes, then he started with ASL to me to confuse me. Some of his ASL to fresh my old memory... Ha! :rofl: His parents are deaf. What a shame that I only know him for 1 week before he leave for Golf Irak war.
It would warm me up to use ASL when I meet Americans again like I did when I visit England. It warm me up with BSL lanuages within few days later because I used DGS for a long time. My BSL friends keep saying to me that I´m not British anymore. Ha :mrgreen:

Liebling:))), I have good question for you..
Is diffculities to learn BSL, GERMANY, rest of others differeng sign ?
Which the most easier learn and fast learn about sign and to communcation?
Which sign are the most short and sweet talk than long talk compares with sign?
Love to being curiouis about their cultures.. :)

My name is Tania, tweetybird, tweetybabe, lil tweety babe..

i have 2 cats, one here name snowball, other one name hearty at my best friend's cuz of he close to his brother auburn cat that why..

i am deaf

Back