Herbivore/Carnivore/Omnivore Comparisons

Wirelessly posted

oh btw doesnt jam have gelatin in (its from bone of animal) and some candy have gelatin or dairy in them

Wirelessly posted

what about whey protein powder for shake with almond/soy milk so its vegan friendly? I cant eat fish and beef so I'm missing the omega and one specific nutrition only beef have since 13 (10 years) so far I'm fine.

Whey protein is not vegan, it's made of milk solids.

It would be classified as vegetarian-friendly.

Vegetarians consume dairy and sometimes eggs. Some vegetarians would only eat fish and no other animal flesh.

Vegans consume no animal products at all, whatsoever.

Which specific nutrition does beef have that you're missing?

Wirelessly posted

oh btw doesnt jam have gelatin in (its from bone of animal) and some candy have gelatin or dairy in them

Some, yes. I dont eat them. But happily many jams, even brand name ones (i.e. Sainsbury, Trader Joes) are vegan-friendly. I'm careful to read nutrition labels of everything I buy.

Wirelessly posted

oh didnt know whey protein have milk solid in it. ok. I saw someone drinking dark green shake any idea what it is? Lemon grass? Algae? lol

Wirelessly posted

oh didnt know whey protein have milk solid in it. ok. I saw someone drinking dark green shake any idea what it is? Lemon grass? Algae? lol

Spinach, cucumber, celery, wheatgrass, kale etc - just about any vegetable that is dark green.

I'm a big fan of juicing so I drink fresh fruit/ vegetable juice nearly every day - it's always green :) It's my most favourite thing to drink, asides from water (and ok, whiskey :) )

I wish there wasnt any worry about mercury in fish. I would eat more of it

I eat many different kinds of food....thank god I don't have any food allergies or there is no meaning to life if you're allergic to many foods (like this one teacher I had who can't eat anything!)

Agreed! Variety is the spice of life.

Whey protein is not vegan, it's made of milk solids.

It would be classified as vegetarian-friendly.

Vegetarians consume dairy and sometimes eggs. Some vegetarians would only eat fish and no other animal flesh.

Vegans consume no animal products at all, whatsoever.

Which specific nutrition does beef have that you're missing?

Just to clarify: That would technically be a pescatarian. People who eat fish; but no other animal meat might call themselves vegetarians, but they are not.

Pescatarian - What is a pescatarian? - Pescetarian - What do pescetarians eat?

Hello I am never heard it new words I am puzzled it word I am pretty complication reading I am understand not sure belong health something, I ask question to I am curious!

Hello I am never heard it new words I am puzzled it word I am pretty complication reading I am understand not sure belong health something, I ask question to I am curious!

I'm not sure if you're talking about the word, "pescatarian" but if you are it basically means a person who only eats vegetables and fish- no other meat (no beef, chicken, turkey etc.). Some people do it for health reasons, some do it because they don't want to eat "animals". I'm sure there are other reasons too.

I'm not sure if you're talking about the word, "pescatarian" but if you are it basically means a person who only eats vegetables and fish- no other meat (no beef, chicken, turkey etc.). Some people do it for health reasons, some do it because they don't want to eat "animals". I'm sure there are other reasons too.

There are many reasons: environmental reasons, cattle farming is one of the top 3 most destructive forces to the planet. A plant-based diet would feed more people on the planet. Farming practices are too cruel, (battery cages, stall pigs, etc etc), vegan diets are cheaper than meat/dairy based diets.

The reason some vegetarians do eat fish but not other animals is because of their reasoning that fish, not having the same nervous system as warm-blooded mammals, are not as sensitive to pain and trauma.

There are many reasons: environmental reasons, cattle farming is one of the top 3 most destructive forces to the planet. A plant-based diet would feed more people on the planet. Farming practices are too cruel, (battery cages, stall pigs, etc etc), vegan diets are cheaper than meat/dairy based diets.

The reason some vegetarians do eat fish but not other animals is because of their reasoning that fish, not having the same nervous system as warm-blooded mammals, are not as sensitive to pain and trauma.

Cattle farming is a big contributor to the nitrate pollution. Land erosion too as well. They cause quite a lot of problems with the drinking water, for instance, methemoglobinemia. Some people may be familiar with it by the name, "blue-baby syndrome".

There's also the Cryptosporidium, E. coli, fecal coliform and Salmonella. They are found in manure and yes, they can be transferred. Heck, you can even get tetanus from touching manure or soil-based materials. All the more reasons for getting a tetanus shot.

Remember Walkerton? It was caused by the cattle farms, not a well-known fact. But that's because the cattle farmers do everything they can to keep it quiet. If you were to look into the history of problems with drinking water in several places across North America, you will discover that cattle farms were often the cause of the problem.

During the 1990s, there was a spill of manure at a hog farm. I believe it was around 20 to 25 million gallons of manure, it went into a river and killed 10 million fish. As a result, they had to close a large amount of the wetlands to shellfishing. Something like close to 400,000 acres from what I remember. I believe it took place in North Carolina. It happens quite more than people would be aware of. It's amazing how they manage to keep it under wraps.

Even the manure itself can develop dead zones in the lakes and oceans. Farms are responsible for a large number of dead fishes. Scary, eh?

Cattle farming is a big contributor to the nitrate pollution. Land erosion too as well. They cause quite a lot of problems with the drinking water, for instance, methemoglobinemia. Some people may be familiar with it by the name, "blue-baby syndrome".

There's also the Cryptosporidium, E. coli, fecal coliform and Salmonella. They are found in manure and yes, they can be transferred. Heck, you can even get tetanus from touching manure or soil-based materials. All the more reasons for getting a tetanus shot.

Remember Walkerton? It was caused by the cattle farms, not a well-known fact. But that's because the cattle farmers do everything they can to keep it quiet. If you were to look into the history of problems with drinking water in several places across North America, you will discover that cattle farms were often the cause of the problem.

During the 1990s, there was a spill of manure at a hog farm. I believe it was around 20 to 25 million gallons of manure, it went into a river and killed 10 million fish. As a result, they had to close a large amount of the wetlands to shellfishing. Something like close to 400,000 acres from what I remember. I believe it took place in North Carolina. It happens quite more than people would be aware of. It's amazing how they manage to keep it under wraps.

Even the manure itself can develop dead zones in the lakes and oceans. Farms are responsible for a large number of dead fishes. Scary, eh?

It's frightening and overwhelming to see the impact of the animal farming industry on land, water and air.

but good news...US meat consumption fell by 2% this year and it's expected that it will keep falling :) They say increased awareness of farming practices is why.

It's frightening and overwhelming to see the impact of the animal farming industry on land, water and air.

but good news...US meat consumption fell by 2% this year and it's expected that it will keep falling :) They say increased awareness of farming practices is why.

Yes, but people are not becoming aware fast enough. However, it's important to keep spreading the awareness.

Wirelessly posted

what about whey protein powder for shake with almond/soy milk so its vegan friendly? I cant eat fish and beef so I'm missing the omega and one specific nutrition only beef have since 13 (10 years) so far I'm fine.

Whey is a byproduct of cheese making so I'm afraid that won't be vegan. It can be vegetarian though.

Whey is a byproduct of cheese making so I'm afraid that won't be vegan. It can be vegetarian though.

I used to drink whey protein shakes - the smell of whey protein powder is vile. Smells rotten. So I would get the vanilla flavoured powder so I could handle drinking it. Never did drink much protein shakes anyway.

Back