Herbivore/Carnivore/Omnivore Comparisons

Actually, it would be more accurate to call the hominan family: the fifth ape. It's more accurate to think of modern apes as our cousins, rather than as our ancestors.

By the way, Neanderthals are not descended from apes. They are STILL part of the hominan clade. In fact, 5% of the human genome are attributed to the Neanderthals instead of Cro-Magnon.

I agree with you about the neandethals. But most people believe neanderthals is part of that evolutionary chain between apes and humans.

In regards to microbe induced sickness, back then, there likely wasn't as many pathogenic microbes as there is today, since it took time for them to evolve as well. Some of the nasty stuff we have today didn't exist way back then.
True that, fire likely eliminated a lot of them. But at the same time, it also infers back then, our immune systems might not have been as 'strong' as they are today. Also, our lifetimes were a ton shorter. Think the average human used to die around 30-40 years old, sketchy since I forgot some of those figures.

I wasn't thinking from a microbial argument. If anything, a huge population with void of predation lends itself to evolution of highly specialized microbes like HIV.

I was thinking more along the line of bioavaliability. I recall there was a study involving Burmese Python which demonstrated cooked rats were easier to absorb, nutrient-wise, than raw ones; despite the fact some of the nutrients was destroyed in the process, the python actually gained more nutrients.

If that happens, why would we need the digestive system or mouthpiece of an obligate predator?

I wasn't thinking from a microbial argument. If anything, a huge population with void of predation lends itself to evolution of highly specialized microbes like HIV.

I was thinking more along the line of bioavaliability. I recall there was a study involving Burmese Python which demonstrated cooked rats were easier to absorb, nutrient-wise, than raw ones; despite the fact some of the nutrients was destroyed in the process, the python actually gained more nutrients.

If that happens, why would we need the digestive system or mouthpiece of an obligate predator?

Interesting! On the other hand, Pythons don't need to cook their meat first, unlike humans.

Wirelessly posted

get your fact straight, we do not descend from neatherneal its complete different species of homonid that lived along with homo sapiens and went extinct because we were superior species that wiped them out. And homonid are omnivore period.

Wirelessly posted

get your fact straight, we do not descend from neatherneal its complete different species of homonid that lived along with homo sapiens and went extinct because we were superior species that wiped them out. And homonid are omnivore period.

You're correct in that humans don't descend from neanderthals. Apparently all humans excepting those in Africa share 4% of the genomes with neanderthals which leads to a theory that at some point after humans migrated from africa to the mideast, there were some sexual relations between humans and neanderthals so technically the neanderthals didn't go extinct :) they still live on in european and asian genes.

There's a big difference between being anatomically designed to eat meat and adopting an omnivore diet whether our bodies are designed to eat it or not.

Wirelessly posted

too much insulin if your pancrea doesnt work as well lol the key is keep it in moderation for everything and you'll be fine

Wirelessly posted

Caroline is correct: we are to Nanderthals as coyotes are to wolves. The two are not descended from one another, but they sometimes cross and the genetic contribution toward the other is extremely low.

However we weren't the superior species. The Nanderthals always had low population density. For some reason, we reproduce like rabbits in comparison to our relatives. It seems like we swamped them completely.

it doesnt, type 2 diabetes runs in my family

so, you think a vegan diet is not healthy for those who have diabetes 2? I heard that diabetic symptoms decrease and can even be reversed on a vegan diet. Apparently vegans have 68% lower diabetic rate than non-vegans.

Last edited:
I feel better on low carb diet and lose belly fat and keep muscle without being hungry

ANY diet is better than high-sugar.

That's the only reason why veganism and paleo movement even works. The truth is usually somewhere in the between.

I eat many different kinds of food....thank god I don't have any food allergies or there is no meaning to life if you're allergic to many foods (like this one teacher I had who can't eat anything!)

Beans, grains, nuts and seeds.

Theres not enough quanity or quality of amino acids in them. Ive seen men go on vegetarian diets and lose their muscle and masculinity.

a vegan bodybuilder has to eat eggs and protein powder inorder to build muscle.

In nature, animals kill one another in horrible ways to survive, and they prey upon the weak, young, sick, and old. Its the way of things. Theres no pleasant way to die.

In nature, animals kill one another in horrible ways to survive, and they prey upon the weak, young, sick, and old. Its the way of things. Theres no pleasant way to die.

Perhaps, but people in general don't hunt these days. They rely on the slaughterhouses to do all the killings.

Theres not enough quanity or quality of amino acids in them. Ive seen men go on vegetarian diets and lose their muscle and masculinity.

a vegan bodybuilder has to eat eggs and protein powder inorder to build muscle.

Doug, I was a bodybuilder. A vegan, by definition, eat no animal products at all and it's a huge myth that you would lose your muscle if you don't eat animal protein. If this bodybuilder you're talking about is eating eggs and protein powder, he's NOT a vegan.

Some of the top performing athletes in the world are vegans. Here's a link to some of them. Those athletes (bodybuilders, weightlifters, marathon runners, so on prove that people's assumption that veganism cost you muscles is a myth and a false uneducated assumption. Some of those athletes set world records.

Vegan athletes

Here's a video showing some vegan athletes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIcSuA2b_Wc]Famous Vegetarian and Vegan Bodybuilders, Athletes, Sportmen and Sportwomen - YouTube[/ame]

Back