Heaven and Hell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teresh said:
Um, no, I don't wish there was no hell because I've no reason to. I don't believe in hell, therefore, it does not exist to me.

Hmmm . . . well, I don't believe that my gas tank is empty right now, therefore, it does not exist to me and my tank is full. Funny reasoning, huh, Teresh?

pek1 said:
Hmmm . . . well, I don't believe that my gas tank is empty right now, therefore, it does not exist to me and my tank is full. Funny reasoning, huh, Teresh?

Not quite, because you'd be in denial of reality.

Hell is a religious concept that a majority of the world's population does not believe in. It cannot be physically perceived by anyone, let alone there being a majority that support the belief in its existence. You might not like it, but you have to accept it: You're a minority report.

I suppose if you're in the minority you must be wrong. You'll probably find that the majority you're talking of hasn't even looked at the possibility of hell. Does that mean it doesn't exist?

Don't you find it pointless to argue with someone about something that you believe cannot be proven?

If hell cannot physically be perceived, then why are you so adiment that it doesn't exist? How can you know - has God.. err.. the universe told you otherwise? Or are you basing your decision on your own intelligence?

kias_h said:
I suppose if you're in the minority you must be wrong. You'll probably find that the majority you're talking of hasn't even looked at the possibility of hell. Does that mean it doesn't exist?

The fact that there is no consensus does not mean there is a right way or a wrong way. That said, it's important to acknowledge that there is no consensus.

kias_h said:
Don't you find it pointless to argue with someone about something that you believe cannot be proven?

No, because Christians have the strange habit of insisting that their way and only their way is right.

kias_h said:
If hell cannot physically be perceived, then why are you so adiment that it doesn't exist? How can you know - has God.. err.. the universe told you otherwise? Or are you basing your decision on your own intelligence?

God has not sent me any emails regarding the existence of hell. My belief in reincarnation with karma has some logical reasons, but nonetheless it's just a belief. Unlike you, I'm not trying to force my belief on anyone.

I've extended myself the right to develop my own theology, my own creed. I thus also extend it to other people. Religion is all about having a personal meaningful relationship with God, the Force, YHVH, Brahman, the Oversoul, or whatever form of God one believes in (or does not) and having a meaningful way of living.

The main difference between me and most of the Christians on this forum is not that we have different beliefs, it's that I don't insist that there's any one correct way to be a good person, to believe in God or that all other ways are wrong. I want the individual to come to his or her own spiritual understanding of the Divine, whether it's following my beliefs or something else.

Teresh said:
Not quite, because you'd be in denial of reality.

Hell is a religious concept that a majority of the world's population does not believe in. It cannot be physically perceived by anyone, let alone there being a majority that support the belief in its existence. You might not like it, but you have to accept it: You're a minority report.

So, do you agree with the majority? It's like asking if you're a leader or a follower? It's also like asking if you're a sheep or a goat.

Teresh said:
I talked about this subject with my rabbi today... One of the biggest problems with Christianity is that it's obsessed with the afterlife rather than where we live today--So obsessesd that it's complacent with the evil that exists in the world and doesn't work very hard to fight against it.

Yep, I've noticed that..... :shock:

pek1 said:
So, do you agree with the majority? It's like asking if you're a leader or a follower?

I have my own beliefs regarding an afterlife as I've already stated.

pek1 said:
It's also like asking if you're a sheep or a goat.

I'm whatever. I know that if the Christians are right theologically speaking that I'm going to hell.

That said, I don't believe God needs to employ scare tactics to get people to believe. God doesn't need to frighten someone into Its service. People should work for the betterment of society and of the world because it's the right thing to do, not because God told them they're going to hell if they don't.

Teresh said:
Unlike you, I'm not trying to force my belief on anyone.

Hi Teresh
Unlike me, you're not trying to force your belief on anyone? Interesting. I'd like to know how you don't force your beliefs while I do. Even in the message that you tell me I force beliefs you said:
Teresh said:
No, because Christians have the strange habit of insisting that their way and only their way is right.
By-the-by: if there can't be two truths, and if Christians believe in their truth, how can they think that another perception could be right? I don't know why something like that is strange to you. It happens with not only most religions, but with beliefs in general.

China insists that Christianity (and other religions) are illegal so they percecute :slap: Christians (among many other countries). Muslims insist. Bhuddists insist. Hindu's insist (yes, even on their belief in Karma). I insist that Australia CAN beat Brazil! Schools insist on teaching about evolution. You insist your perceptions. Why do I sense such a severe prejudice on Christianity with you Teresh?

You posted among other things:
Teresh said:
God doesn't need to frighten someone into Its service. People should work for the betterment of society and of the world because it's the right thing to do, not because God told them they're going to hell if they don't.
Teresh said:
One of the biggest problems with Christianity is that it's obsessed with the afterlife rather than where we live today--So obsessesd that it's complacent with the evil that exists in the world and doesn't work very hard to fight against it.
You may have said things like this in all your posts. Could you explain to me how I'm guilty of force while you are not? :dunno: Wait, don't worry.

I like to question, talk and discuss things. But I don't like arguing. You're set in your ways, and I'm set in mine. :scatter: Should just leave it at that =)

Yeah, they are denial for being prejudice against christians. Even tho, we believe the Truth and fact that is Hell and Heaven. Its not us christians they hate or prejudiced, its Christ. When share love, we get hateful and cut down replied and looking down on us. Even when claiming christian is twisting, but I notice anti christians the one being twisting. But even tho, we are living this country, and debauchry are taking over. We are living like the time of Jeremiah, Moses, Esther, Joshua, King David, and many others and even Jesus times. Let the true love flow thru us and forgiving Spirit must keep flowing thru us, just like Jesus forgive us, we forgive others. Smile

kias_h said:
By-the-by: if there can't be two truths, and if Christians believe in their truth, how can they think that another perception could be right? I don't know why something like that is strange to you. It happens with not only most religions, but with beliefs in general.

Actually, there's several major religions that don't work that way, Hinduism, Buddhism and Judaism among them.

kias_h said:
China insists that Christianity (and other religions) are illegal so they percecute :slap: Christians (among many other countries). Muslims insist. Bhuddists insist. Hindu's insist (yes, even on their belief in Karma). I insist that Australia CAN beat Brazil! Schools insist on teaching about evolution. You insist your perceptions. Why do I sense such a severe prejudice on Christianity with you Teresh?

I don't have a problem with Christianity as a religion. I respect Christianity a great deal. What I do not tolerate is when people disrepect my beliefs and tell me that I'm wrong and going to hell (or some other equally dismal place) because I don't follow their creed.

kias_h said:
You may have said things like this in all your posts. Could you explain to me how I'm guilty of force while you are not? :dunno: Wait, don't worry.

I expect basic decency from people. That's all I ask for. If I give it to you, I expect it in return.

kias_h said:
I like to question, talk and discuss things. But I don't like arguing. You're set in your ways, and I'm set in mine. :scatter: Should just leave it at that =)

"Set in my ways" is not an accurate way of describing my situation or my opinions. My "ways" are alive, they change with time. The expectation of respect, however, is something that remains always.

if there s no hell then heaven ll be full of dark souls refusing to obey god and keep on their sick desires we have free will hence we need to choose should we follow god leaving behind our dark desires? or foloow satan leaving behind things that even give us an chance to succeed and be compegtely happy to the soul

Teresh said:
I'm whatever.

That wasn't the question. "Whatever" isn't the answer. So you flipflop like a sandal, what's good today may not be tomorrow or just wait for the next kick?

pek1 said:
That wasn't the question. "Whatever" isn't the answer. So you flipflop like a sandal, what's good today may not be tomorrow or just wait for the next kick?

No, I'm just not a Christian. I don't believe that there is necessarily a wrong way to believe in God and beyond that I think that if there is an afterlife, all humans, regardless of creed, will reap what they sow. If you were good, you will get the reward, if any. If you were wicked, you will get the punishment, if any.

The idea that one has to be Christian to be a good person strikes me as absurd as I know both good and wicked people of every faith and creed and the idea that creed is irrelevant just seems the most logical to me.

pek1 said:

Or to phrase it differently, people like Teresh (and myself) would rather leave room to grow in our spirituality, rather than latching on to a particular belief system.

ismi said:
Or to phrase it differently, people like Teresh (and myself) would rather leave room to grow in our spirituality, rather than latching on to a particular belief system.

Sounds like you and Teresh are more closed-minded than you think Christians are. If you don't believe in God, then can I ask you what an eyeball is made out of and how it could be created while a baby is in the womb? In addition, when a person reaches puberty, they're able to reproduce (have sex). Where does the sperm come from in the man and the egg and the monthly periods in women? What about breast milk, where does that come from and what, or who, made all that?

pek1 said:
Sounds like you and Teresh are more closed-minded than you think Christians are.

I think you'd have a lot of difficulty qualifying that statement, but I'm going to ask that you try just for the sake of having done it.

pek1 said:
If you don't believe in God, then can I ask you what an eyeball is made out of and how it could be created while a baby is in the womb?

First, let's just get one thing straight. I believe in God. Secondly, an eyeball is made out of cells which develop in the womb according to the instructions in the child's DNA. How? Because cells can and do reproduce.

pek1 said:
In addition, when a person reaches puberty, they're able to reproduce (have sex). Where does the sperm come from in the man and the egg and the monthly periods in women?

Gametes (sperm in men, eggs in women) are formed in the gonads. The menstrual cycle is caused by the varying output of hormones in a woman's body. This "cycle of fertility" is well-understood these days.

pek1 said:
What about breast milk, where does that come from and what, or who, made all that?

Breast milk is produced in a chemical process in the mammary glands.

Teresh said:
Breast milk is produced in a chemical process in the mammary glands.

Proclatin hormones produce milk which come from master gland, pitutiary gland.

jazzy said:
Proclatin hormones produce milk which come from master gland, pitutiary gland.

Prolactin is a hormone. It's a catalyst that causes the chemical reaction that produces milk. Prolactin itself is not milk and is not converted into milk, however the reaction that generates milk will not happen if prolactin is not present.

You are correct, however, that prolactin itself is produced by the pituitary gland.

Teresh said:
Prolactin is a hormone. It's a catalyst that causes the chemical reaction that produces milk. Prolactin itself is not milk and is not converted into milk, however the reaction that generates milk will not happen if prolactin is not present.

You are correct, however, that prolactin itself is produced by the pituitary gland.

U explain better than me here. :)

Teresh,

Hormones, cells, gonads and the like had to have been produced somewhere? Would you not agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back