Hearing peeves of deaf people

I don't make movies.

Although I can tell you I don't watch much movies these days. Seems like there's no time. Although I do manage to find time to watch at least one recorded TV show at night before I go to bed, but sometimes not. I just need time to unwind and that's pretty much the only time I get to do that.

I know what deaf people don't like about hearing people. What do hearing people not like about deaf people?
There isn't any particular thing I don't like about deaf people in general, that would be discrimatination. But I can tell you this about my deaf son, as I sit next to him watching tv. He is burping loudly, in his throat. It is a constant and frequent thing. He doesn't realize how loud it is, nor how sickening it is to hear. He may have acid reflux, but damn!
By the way, it isn't a rip roaring belch like people do to be funny. It's done in his throat, with his mouth closed. :ugh:

Others that I can think of:

-Many hearing people in the business industry don't like the deaf due to the high cost of 'accommodating' our needs.

-
Although some companies like having those who have a disability for tax-deductions, increase in bonuses, etc. (An example would be) Advance autopart managers get bonuses with minorities and employing those who have a disability. The engineering company that I work for now gets tax deductions and whatnot for employing me.

I don't think it is as much a 'cultural difference' as it is upbringing.

I am deaf, and was taught to use 'tact' carefully, whereas I know a few that have no clue that they are being rude.

At the same time, it is funny how we get right to the point.

There's several deaf people I know who are extremely blunt to the point where it seems like they have no filter as to what they say. In some cases, its a good thing. In other cases, it lacks an sort of sensitivity and tact, that they just come off as downright rude and belligerent.

These same said deaf people I know are also really terrible at keeping their surroundings in check, that what they are talking about is insulting those who are within vicinity and know what they are saying. I can't tell you how many times I've had to bail them out of a potential riot/uproar over this kind of stuff. :roll:

better movie than tv. no commercial break!

Agreed. Ever since my first job in the video store, i cant be bothered with regular telly. Every time the commercial comes on, I walk off to do something that I forget the telly is still on. It probably takes me a week to get through 2 hours of telly.

I know some hearing people get tired of repeating themselves for me.

In my opinion, those are impatient people then. Just like I have to ask deaf people to please sign again. I appreciate their patience with me and will give the same in return.

I know that a few of my hearing friends get frustrated when I look away from them. Sometimes, during a heavy disagreement, I just say "whatever" and look away. They always respond with "OMG *waves hands* LOOK AT ME!!!!"

:D I can be evil sometimes.

lol I guess some hearing people like it when it's quiet in bed... no noise hmm but i think hearing people are turned off if i Ever moan or burp in public :P what more they don't like it when i talk to myself in public I sometimes forgot that I can't sign in public if i want to talk to myself just talk in my own mind! sheesh.. :roll:

In my opinion, those are impatient people then. Just like I have to ask deaf people to please sign again. I appreciate their patience with me and will give the same in return.

Oh, yeah. It has caused me to break up relationships. I am a very patient person but there is a line that crosses into pure humiliation and that is unacceptable. Ach!

Word has came to me that some hearing people has a pet peeve named PFH
Why would anyone have a problem with you? You seem like a decent dude. It's ok to be passionate about something and it's also ok that not everyone will be as passionate or agree with each other all of the time. Such is life. Although the name Peeves From Hell has a certian ring to it. :rofl:

Back