Hearing peeves of deaf people

spiderjump

Reaction score
I know what deaf people don't like about hearing people. What do hearing people not like about deaf people?

Which isn't always a bad thing... :lol:
:lol: if I were to ask for an RX for how well I can hear, I'd ask for 50% cuz the other 50% ain't worth hearing! (it is all noise pollution) :lol:

Last edited:
I know what deaf people don't like about hearing people. What do hearing people not like about deaf people?

that they don't know what we're talking about :)

That we might stick ice cream cones to our foreheads?

That due to language, it is sort of a closed society.

Others that I can think of:

-Many hearing people in the business industry don't like the deaf due to the high cost of 'accommodating' our needs.

-Some of us can be really noisy

-

Others that I can think of:

-Many hearing people in the business industry don't like the deaf due to the high cost of 'accommodating' our needs.

-

This is certainly true with employers, also the worry of get a lawsuit if they fail to do something.

Some hearing people do "wonder" why we're so quiet....hence, they can't take the silence. Makes them wonder what we're up to!
I've had hearies tell me that since I was deaf, that I probably did "think" a lot....

Some hearing people do "wonder" why we're so quiet....hence, they can't take the silence. Makes them wonder what we're up to!
I've had hearies tell me that since I was deaf, that I probably did "think" a lot....

My hubby and my brother's hearing girlfriend say the opposite. They say that deaf people are extremely noisy.

My hubby and my brother's hearing girlfriend say the opposite. They say that deaf people are extremely noisy.

Yeah, some deafies are very noisy! What I was implying to, was when hearies are talking and if ur deaf, you're quiet, not joining in to the conversation.
I always loved to chew gum...not realizing that I was smacking it a lot and making noises.

do we sound slightly nasal when we speak, I'm wondering?

I've had few people tell me that I do sound slightly nasal when speaking? Or it's just my sinus being clogged.....

Apparently we're not very good tippers...

That is true for hearing people too.

I think it is a result of not understanding why certain people need to be tipped.

I did not know that I had to tip waiters until I saw my parents leaving cash on the table, so I asked what it was for.

Be sure you teach your children the importance of tipping waiters.

I've had few people tell me that I do sound slightly nasal when speaking? Or it's just my sinus being clogged.....

Not all of us do. I know I was told that I do not sound nasal since I had some hearing for 43 years. But, there is a lady in my deaf club who, according to my son, sounds very nasal, she's in her 60's and recently lost her hearing due to medication after a vehicle accident.

That is true for hearing people too.

I think it is a result of not understanding why certain people need to be tipped.

I did not know that I had to tip waiters until I saw my parents leaving cash on the table, so I asked what it was for.

Be sure you teach your children the importance of tipping waiters.

Luckily my kids learned that early. I get them to figure out the tip for math practice.

Oh yes, I know a LOT of deaf people that sound very nasal. I think it is a result of years and years of practice to get the words right, but not learning how to vary your tones.

Hearing people that are 'nasal' are extremely boring to listen to. They have monotone voices that make other hearing people fall asleep and deaf people daydream. :zzz:

I met my friend's ex-bf and he's a hearing Brooklyn HS teacher. His voice sounds very nasal. I asked my friend if I were right. She said yes. It annoyed her.

I think we already mentioned many times of what hearing people pet peeves of deaf people... their pet peeves about deaf people are our pet peeves :)

Back