Hearies view on a CI kid... its a bummer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuzzy you are so right. I do not understand how many times I need to repear myself for some people here to understand that my children have many deaf and Deaf friends. Since my daughter is older my son has those positive role model of the male friends of my daughter so of which are in college and my daughter has my deaf teachers friends.

If you see my daughter socially her signing skills are amazing. I have mention here where my daughter actually signs better then some parents of her friends who only sign.
While my son does sign not very good although he thinks his signing skills are great. His closest friend is Deaf from a Deaf family.

If your son is able to communicate with Deaf of Deaf, chances are his ASL skills are very strong. Perhaps you assess them as being weak because he uses a correct ASL syntax rather than a PSE syntax.

Hearing aid, Cochlear Implant, and other hearing devices ARE NO GOOD for anyone exspecially for Deaf children.

It's okay for them to TRY and HELP a deaf child to hear somethin', so that way a deaf child will get the idea of what the sounds are like that HEARIN' people hear everyday. There's nothin' wrong with it. BUT, I do want to see the hearin' people/parents to LEARN sign language/ASL, not just hearin' the sounds.

CI and HA are the biggest SCAM that doesnt make you hearing at all. It doenst make you able to hear everything that wastes of my time.

You don't need to worry about that. It's why we have this CI forum to discuss and let the hearin' parents/people to know what " deaf " ADers feel and what their experiences are without HAs/CI. They will share it in here. :)

FOR YOUR INFO, I can hear the bird singing in a quiet environment that s all there is to it. DUHIE! YOU LIES about us not able to hear HA device.

Huh ? Every ADer is NOT Sweetmind. Okay ? Every ADer is different.

CI children is totally deaf because they have no RESIDUAL HEARING so therefore they are (D)eaf because they are totally deaf on both ears. SO THERE! DONT LIE about us and our deafness anymore.

I really wish there are some moderators here who could share their experiences here, because they speak fluently with their HAs. I will let them to say their pieces here. :)

Hearing/Deaf oralism with a very negative audist attitude parents are too much ignorant and dont understand what s it like to be deaf itself. Scoffs!

I believe they do understand. They read and learn somethin' from these CI threads. They will accept what is necessary and make an amend for the sake of a deaf child. It takes time.

HA and CI are the same behavioral patterns as is. DONT TELL ME I am wrong. MIND YOU!

You should be happy to realize that some hearin' parents will try their best and establish that ASL in order for a deaf child to be able to understand/communicate with visual. Make it a better place for the deaf child's world. Do not worry. Things will be fine. :)

Unfortunately, fuzzy, you aren't intersted in listening to anyone except those members of the hearing community to whom you think you have some chance of ingratiating yourself. Been trying all of your life to get them to accept you, haven't you? All that effort has suceeded not in assimilation, but bitterness and anger. Get some therapy.

I agreed, that's one reason why I don't read all her posts....

If you see my daughter socially her signing skills are amazing. I have mention here where my daughter actually signs better then some parents of her friends who only sign.
While my son does sign not very good although he thinks his signing skills are great. His closest friend is Deaf from a Deaf family.

That's great! :thumb:

I have one question to ask you, Do you sign too? ;)

Hearing aid, Cochlear Implant, and other hearing devices ARE NO GOOD for anyone exspecially for Deaf children.

CI and HA are the biggest SCAM that doesnt make you hearing at all. It doenst make you able to hear everything that wastes of my time

FOR YOUR INFO, I can hear the bird singing in a quiet environment that s all there is to it. DUHIE! YOU LIES about us not able to hear HA device.

CI children is totally deaf because they have no RESIDUAL HEARING so therefore they are (D)eaf because they are totally deaf on both ears. SO THERE! DONT LIE about us and our deafness anymore.

Hearing/Deaf oralism with a very negative audist attitude parents are too much ignorant and dont understand what s it like to be deaf itself. Scoffs!

HA and CI are the same behavioral patterns as is. DONT TELL ME I am wrong. MIND YOU!

Why are u against using HAs or CIs? Many CI posters herre have stated that thier CIs help them a lot better than HAs. Not promoting CIs for everyone because it wont work for everyone but for those it does work, it makes a difference. Doesnt mean that they are no longer deaf but just deaf with a hearing device.

There are many Deaf ADers here that stated that they do not live anywhere close to a Deaf community so they are around hearing people only so I would give them the support to get HAs or CIs to help them. I need my HAs to communicate with hearing people even thought it is not 100% perfect but better than nothing.

That doesnt mean I am hearing and dont need ASL. I very much need and very much value ASL but I know that I still have to participate in the Hearing world too. It is unrealistic to completely isolate ourselves from the Hearing world so some poeople want HAs or CIs to help them with that.

My only beef is the denial of sign language to young deaf children...the rest, I am supportive of.

I know u have had a frustrating childhood and so did I but it is not healthy to hold onto that anger. I realized it is not worth it and it doesnt accomplish anything for me.

Really? cause I didn't...*smile*

And that's IF the parents prefer the child to learn oral only....that's sad because a child this young should be outside playing with their friends....

Since you are such an expert on children with cochlear implants and the speech and language therapy they receive, how many hours a week did my daughter recieve? Oh yea, and break it down by age.

Mmmm....

:lol: Wonder who is the GOD IT IS CLOGGY OR FUZZY or even RICK48 ? Does they think we DEAF people must to HEAR? :roll:

No, I could not give a flying hoot whether you hear or not. I am concerned about my daughter and glad that we gave her the opportunity to hear and to speak.

No, I could not give a flying hoot whether you hear or not. I am concerned about my daughter and glad that we gave her the opportunity to hear and to speak.

And what about sign language?

Since you are such an expert on children with cochlear implants and the speech and language therapy they receive, how many hours a week did my daughter recieve? Oh yea, and break it down by age.

Where did I say I was an expert on speech therapy? and don't make assumptions because it makes you look stupid...

According to you, she received no AVT. And since she is implanted and expected to assimilate intothe hearing world based on your choices, my question would be why you didn't provide her with follow up therapy?

It is quite obvious that you have no concern for others. It really isn't necessary for you to state that.

Why are u against using HAs or CIs? Many CI posters herre have stated that thier CIs help them a lot better than HAs. Not promoting CIs for everyone because it wont work for everyone but for those it does work, it makes a difference. Doesnt mean that they are no longer deaf but just deaf with a hearing device.
Shel is quite correct on this one.
It was painful for me to wear my hearing aid but my CI has been a godsend. However I am not hearing even with the CI. I still need alarms for the deaf because I can't wear the CI 24/7.

I'd like to know why you're against HA and CIs also. As far as I'm concerned you don't have to wear them but some of us do like to hear even if it's only imperfectly.

Shel90 also has made me realize not every one can benefit from CIs because she has mentioned most of her CI students that get transfered to her school don't benefit from them. I was already a supporter of the Bi Bi methold even before I came to this forum and I'm even more supportive of it now.

I know u have had a frustrating childhood and so did I but it is not healthy to hold onto that anger. I realized it is not worth it and it doesnt accomplish anything for me.

I can relate to that as I had a GREAT deal of anger over how I was treated as a deaf person but somehow I learned to let it go..

Unfortunately, fuzzy, you aren't intersted in listening to anyone except those members of the hearing community to whom you think you have some chance of ingratiating yourself. Been trying all of your life to get them to accept you, haven't you? All that effort has suceeded not in assimilation, but bitterness and anger. Get some therapy.

Unfortunately, jilli, you seek only those who reassure your in your choice that you made for your son. you need it so badly.. oy.
as for the rest - I am begging to doubt if you truly have any diploma let alone degree in psychology. looks more like backyard psychotic ramble than a real professional assessment, these blubbering of yours.
if you really are a psychologist- for the love of God change your profession before you further cause irreparable damage to those in your "care".

and I wouldn't care to tell you about my friends a zit.

Fuzzy

maybe for YOU something else is "normal hearing"
but for me normal hearing is what is described in those standarized tests. and how the average, healthy hearing individual hears.

And this is what I relate to when I describe "hearing like a normal person".
I don't care about your eaborate philosophical theories what"s "normal".
Again, I am simply talking about "normal hearing range". and that's what compare it to.

The way your thesis continued, one would think we eventually, and at some point, are all normal hearing beings - both deaf, HoH and hearing alike. just the level of capability to hear varies.

Perhap for you, not others. They are happy what they are and feel themselves that they are normal and can hear anything.

Look, if your friends can not hear within this range, red and blue XO, even with their HAs:

I am only interesting how happy my friends are and consider themselves as hear normal.

Audiogram_normal_to_Moderate.gif

then they can't hear like "normal people".
Unless for you "normal" means something else, too.
It doesn't matter - HA or CI, although with CI there is greater chance at being close to normal range as shown in graph by red and blue XO.

I am not interesting either they can't hear like normal people but I am interesting is their happy and consider themselves as normal people which is a great.

okay - how do you describe RED to the blind person?

I know a little about blind person. If I have blind children then I would focus to know anything how to communicate with my blind child.

I met blind people in the past. I know from them that they accept the fact that they can't see and know the colors but they can imagine by touch something. They have very shape smell and feeling. We deaf people have very shape feeling than hearing people.

They said to me that they can't image that I cannot hear beautiful things which opposite to me, I told them that I can't image that they cannot see beautiful colors. It look like that they are happy what they are as the same I am happy what I am.

okay, so HOW is the deaf parent going to explain how does the bird sing SOUND like, if the deaf parent never heard the bird?

They CAN only if they are being exposed by their hearing parents how to describe what the bird sing sound like. :)

I would swear I replied.. strange. shrugs. sorry about that.. I did mean to reply. I really believe I did. maybe I mistakenly erased it while doing last corrections. (did you asked me same in some other thread, maybe?)

anyhoo- yes I do,

but what does that have anything to do with being able to hear sound?
you either hear it, or you don't. you may hear it good, or hear barely. that's all.

Fuzzy

I can see from your posts that you are interesting about "hear" itself than anything. I also can see that you has a little knowledge to answer my question about hearing children and literacy here OR perhap you knew it and don't want to admit it.

I tried to explain you the example about literacy. A lot of hearing children suffer from failure read and write skill, also speech as well with language skill...because they are being neglect to develop by their parent like that... Like what I told you in other thread about a little hearing girl at my younger son's child-minder because you keep on claim that "hear" itself can develop hearing children anything without parental's help.

I beleive that she know what we are saying but she don't want to understand/admit it or deny our posts.

I tried to explain you the example about literacy. A lot of hearing children suffer from failure read and write skill, also speech as well with language skill...because they are being neglect to develop by their parent like that... Like what I told you in other thread about a little hearing girl at my younger son's child-minder because you keep on claim that "hear" itself can develop hearing children anything without parental's help.

look, I know all that, and I agree on that,
but that wasn't what I wanted to discuss. that was not my point.

Liebling, please see the other thread. I am unable to talk with you. Sorry about that.

Fuzzy

Fuzzy you are so right. I do not understand how many times I need to repear myself for some people here to understand that my children have many deaf and Deaf friends. Since my daughter is older my son has those positive role model of the male friends of my daughter so of which are in college and my daughter has my deaf teachers friends.

I think you are amazing Mom and amazing person Jackie.

Don't bother yourself here. Nobody who really should is gonna pay attention to what you have to say -they only are interested in telling you what you "should" do.
I don't know how old are you children, but I do remember you mentioning about your daughter's first prom, so I guess they are teenagers.
I think this is long enough for you to know what kind of damn ASL syntax your son is using, hmmm.....?

Thank you for your posts Jackie, I hope these will encourage other parents here who are considering to go your route :)

Fuzzy

look, I know all that, and I agree on that,
but that wasn't what I wanted to discuss. that was not my point.

Liebling, please see the other thread. I am unable to talk with you. Sorry about that.

Fuzzy

That's bad that you don't want to admit it.

Yes I have read and answer your post at other thread. It's not my problem if you are unable to talk with me... I feel want to say something what I thought about you but I can't due AllDeaf rules.

All what I want to say is;

Don't try to belittle me and think I don't know/understand anything. I know from a lot of experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back