Have the Jehovah Witness people come to your door?

Status
Not open for further replies.
VamPyroX said:
I've had them come to my door a couple times. A friend of mine did a funny thing though when it happened to him. He saw them from his bedroom window so he quickly got naked and then opened the door. They blushed immediately and apologized for intruding then left. Hehehe! :laugh2:

:laugh2: :laugh2:

http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?p=523337#post523337

Yes, JW did knock our house sometimes. We asked them how they knew we live? They said that neighbors did told them and told them we are both deaf. We upset it. We wished tell them stop it but can't
control everything nothing! We fed up with them who are JW bothered us all the times!! We finally told them We believers attend the Baptist Church period! They left us alone since a year!

Yes, I raised up former Jehovah Witness. Right, They not believe flag, Christmas, Birthday party Halloween, Easter etc. Plus I was very EMBRASSED that my parent always told my former teacher mainstream in my school and told teacher not allow me party holidays, and draw crayon color on holiday
And honor flag etc. I was classmate with deaf kids since they mocked me where is devil????
I embrassed!!! I suffered bad physical abuse and very strict dress CODE!! Also, Many yrs deaf people PUSHED ME out that SAY STOP TO ME TOOOO FANCY my clothes code. I told them It not my fault from PARENT DID to me!!! I habit too fancy my clothes many yrs till now. Deaf people community NO UNDERSTAND to me. I suffered and cried hide it.

I was younger in sixth grade in my school. When I forgot clean up my bedroom in am before go school. After school I got home. My parent SCREAM at me You are DEVIL!!! I confused it! They take me spank and punished because I didn't clean up bed my bedroom. When I wear the pant. I not noticed my pant hole. My parent saw it. They did slap too hard my face. I fell it WHOA!!! They said YOU MADE US EMBRASSED PEOPLE THINK WE ALL ARE PPPPOOOORRR CLOTHES SO KEEP NEAT UP CLOTHES!! BLAH! I changed other neat pant it.

That's why I fed up and hated Jehovah Witness and I did ran away and got married with a former husband from away parent tooo much strict. I hated JW for many yrs. I emotion and depressed many yrs. I thought God was mad at me many yrs. When I found truth and accepted Jesus Christ in 1990. Thank God that God not mad at me since He is grace love to me He understand my emotion for long time against JW. I found out Jesus Christ not LEGALISM!! And NOT Religious!

coloravalanche said:
How do you know? Do you have any proof? :dunno:

Do you ever study JW's background? IF so, you should know JW's weakness is HATE FLAG is because they do believe that flags are considered to be idolarty as goddness. That why they do not believe in flag! that way JW can leave you alone is having US FLAG on your door. They won't bother you at all. :angel:

LuciaDisturbed said:
That's right. That's been the case with my JW terp...the only reason I knew she was a JW was because I said "Merry Christmas" and she simply said she doesn't celebrate Christmas because she is a JW and I was like Oh okay and that's all.
It true!! When My family got a letter from Christmas card. They send it back!!! I embrassed!

Also, I raised attended church ( I forgot name) "Kingdom Hall". Our family and I used say that Jesus is the Father. I not understand what means so much since I was younger girl. They never tell me about Jesus died on the cross and not clear everything. They used The Living Bible the book.

http://www.bible-researcher.com/lbp.html I found out wrong doctrine The Living Bible.

I most time went to spend the time with my favorite grandmother's house. My grandmother was very wonderful Christian and sweet lady. She had some the frame picture Jesus supper and died on the cross on the wall. I stand and watched it. I asked her, what that? She told me Jesus love you. I gasped !!! because I never heard it before say Jesus LOVE you! First time my life she gave me Bible. I puzzled it because my family's Jehovah Witness never give me The Bible book. I noticed them very impressed every night that my grandparent read Bible every night. NEVER MISSED a night!!! I raised and used them way! I curious them what you are doing? My grandparent say read Bible and prayed Lord. SH! I leave them alone. I figured it out what that for many yrs??? Till I accepted Jesus Christ in my personal. I understand about my best grandmother whole my world. I missed her so much. She is in heaven now since I was 14 yrs old. Thank her seed to my whole life. I will see her again in the heaven. I didn't thank family's Jehovah Witness because They was very strict and TERRIBLE physical abuse! But I forgave them. I was very diasppioment ..... that they no understand what meaning LOVE is? It caused me longest time I emotion and suffered why they do to me.

http://www.jwinfoline.com/Documents/Trinity/How_did_Jesus_show_that_he_was_God_trinity_pt5.htm

http://www.theopedia.com/Modalism

http://www.watchman.org/jw/believeinwatchtower.htm

http://www.jwinfoline.com/Documents/Trinity/Is_the_trinity_true_part_one.htm

Oakley_04 said:
I need one too.... once they knock the sperms come out the penis and lay on JW ppl

Yeah I wish they do sell those stuffs for real! LOL :naughty:

EagleCherokee63 said:
http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?p=523337#post523337

Yes, JW did knock our house sometimes. We asked them how they knew we live? They said that neighbors did told them and told them we are both deaf. We upset it. We wished tell them stop it but can't
control everything nothing! We fed up with them who are JW bothered us all the times!! We finally told them We believers attend the Baptist Church period! They left us alone since a year!

Yes, I raised up former Jehovah Witness. Right, They not believe flag, Christmas, Birthday party Halloween, Easter etc. Plus I was very EMBRASSED that my parent always told my former teacher mainstream in my school and told teacher not allow me party holidays, and draw crayon color on holiday
And honor flag etc. I was classmate with deaf kids since they mocked me where is devil????
I embrassed!!! I suffered bad physical abuse and very strict dress CODE!! Also, Many yrs deaf people PUSHED ME out that SAY STOP TO ME TOOOO FANCY my clothes code. I told them It not my fault from PARENT DID to me!!! I habit too fancy my clothes many yrs till now. Deaf people community NO UNDERSTAND to me. I suffered and cried hide it.

I was younger in sixth grade in my school. When I forgot clean up my bedroom in am before go school. After school I got home. My parent SCREAM at me You are DEVIL!!! I confused it! They take me spank and punished because I didn't clean up bed my bedroom. When I wear the pant. I not noticed my pant hole. My parent saw it. They did slap too hard my face. I fell it WHOA!!! They said YOU MADE US EMBRASSED PEOPLE THINK WE ALL ARE PPPPOOOORRR CLOTHES SO KEEP NEAT UP CLOTHES!! BLAH! I changed other neat pant it.

That's why I fed up and hated Jehovah Witness and I did ran away and got married with a former husband from away parent tooo much strict. I hated JW for many yrs. I emotion and depressed many yrs. I thought God was mad at me many yrs. When I found truth and accepted Jesus Christ in 1990. Thank God that God not mad at me since He is grace love to me He understand my emotion for long time against JW. I found out Jesus Christ not LEGALISM!! And NOT Religious!

I am sorry,u had to go thru this. No one should suffer abuse from parents from their own believe thru religion nor kids made fun of u. Wow, I had to wear pants because boys won't leave me alone. I am glad u found Jesus Christ.

Do JW attend funeral?did u attended your grandmother's funeral when seh passed away? I had a godmother whom she died years ago and her daughter who practice JW, refused to attended her funeral because she believed her mother was (I do not know what their real believe) devil or not saved. I was shocked when she refused to show up. Real sad.

jazzy said:
I am sorry,u had to go thru this. No one should suffer abuse from parents from their own believe thru religion nor kids made fun of u. Wow, I had to wear pants because boys won't leave me alone. I am glad u found Jesus Christ.

Do JW attend funeral?did u attended your grandmother's funeral when seh passed away? I had a godmother whom she died years ago and her daughter who practice JW, refused to attended her funeral because she believed her mother was (I do not know what their real believe) devil or not saved. I was shocked when she refused to show up. Real sad.

That's very sad.

I am agnostic, but I would still attend funerals of my loved ones and friends no matter what their religion are.

LuciaDisturbed said:
That's very sad.

I am agnostic, but I would still attend funerals of my loved ones and friends no matter what their religion are.

Me too.

Throwstones said:
Do you ever study JW's background? IF so, you should know JW's weakness is HATE FLAG is because they do believe that flags are considered to be idolarty as goddness. That why they do not believe in flag! that way JW can leave you alone is having US FLAG on your door. They won't bother you at all. :angel:

Now, I understand why a friend of mine has his Flag at his house...so they won't bug him...:lol:

Throwstones said:
My answer is so simply to you: Put your USA FLAG on your door; JW hates USA Flag on door and can't knock your door! They will go aaway from you!
I disagree with you. JW saw my gay pride flag, they send me a letter with few pages ripped out of their bible where it says homosexuality is bad. :ugh2:

At one time, I told them that I was Deaf and not interested.. Guess what, they sent a person who knew sign language to my house in the next day. JW people can be very persistent!

jazzy said:

My grandmother passed away and attended the Baptist Church. She not JW. Oh really Sorry hear that. I accepted through suffered long times. Yes, Thank you for I found Jesus Christ. I believed that My best grandmother did prayed for me. Many things I embrassed and argued my family's JW from my grandmother. I embrassed many yrs what family's JW from friends and school and other my relatives and etc.....

EagleCherokee, I'm so sorry for how mean your parents were to you when you were growing up and that your former classmates were not nice to you. I hope my husband, who was your classmate wasn't mean to you? I know he loved to tease, but hopefully not in mean way. I wish that it didn't happen to you, but glad that your grandmother introduced you to Jesus as loving God. That you decided to go to baptist church. That helped you straighten up your life and live your life the way God wants you to live. Amen!!

Peachy Lady said:
EagleCherokee, I'm so sorry for how mean your parents were to you when you were growing up and that your former classmates were not nice to you. I hope my husband, who was your classmate wasn't mean to you? I know he loved to tease, but hopefully not in mean way. I wish that it didn't happen to you, but glad that your grandmother introduced you to Jesus as loving God. That you decided to go to baptist church. That helped you straighten up your life and live your life the way God wants you to live. Amen!!
Thank you! AMEN! I accepted through it. I forgave your husband! I knew he is good man too! Your husband sure know that since I suffered with Family's JW but most time he teased me. I am very happy you married with him. I loved his mom so much of sweet a person.

Bible KJV
2 John 1:9-11 About door and not welcome! Good VERSES!!!

9. Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into [your] house, neither bid him God speed:
11. For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

AMEN!!!

Answers To My Jehovah's Witness Friends

O taste and see that the LORD is good. Psalm 34:8
Chapter 10
The Name "Jehovah"

In the Bible, names have meanings. God is called a number of things, and each one emphasizes a particular aspect of his character: His divinity, his power, etc.

The Significance of "Jehovah"

"Jehovah" is the Hebrew name equated with "I Am." In some languages it is translated "The Eternal" because it describes His eternity and self existence. It comes from the same root as the verb "to be." It is often used when there is a close relationship between God and a person.

"I Am" and "Jehovah," Used Interchangeably

God expressed His eternity in another way when He called Himself "I am." As He was sending Moses to call His people out of Egypt, Moses asked Him:

"...when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you: and they shall say to me, what is His name? What shall I say unto them? And God said to Moses I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you" (Ex. 3:13-14).

The very next verse uses the name Jehovah:

"And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations" (Ex. 3:15).

God's name in this passage is expressed by two different Hebrew words, one is translated "I am" and the other is "Jehovah." Both are called God's name, and both express the idea that God is the eternal one.

Jesus Identified Himself with Jehovah

Jesus Christ, to identify Himself with Jehovah, applied God's name "I am" to HImself, using the Greek words "ego eimi" which mean "I am": "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am" (John 8:58). The next verse makes it clear that the unbelieving Jews knew Christ Jesus was equating Himself with "I am," that is: "Jehovah." They thought His statement was blasphemous, so they tried to execute Him.

Old Testament Prophecies Equated Jehovah with Christ

In Zechariah 12:10, a prophecy which had already identified Jehovah as the one speaking (12:1, 4), Jehovahsaid:

"...and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced..."

This is a reference to the crucifixion. Who was pierced at the crucifixion? This passage calls Him Jehovah.

Jeremiah 23:6, another prophecy, says that at His second coming the righteous branch of David will be called "Jehovah our righteousness:" "...and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS." "LORD" in caps is the King James Version's translation of "Jehovah" in Hebrew. The New World Translation adds the word "is" which hides the fact that it refers to Christ, but it eliminates any possible doubt that the Hebrew name being used is "Jehovah:" "And this is his name with which he will be called, Jehovah is our righteousness."

It Is Not Wrong to Call Jehovah by His Other Names

The New Testament uses a number of names for God. Here are three examples:

* "For you must not prostarte yourself to another god, because Jehovah, whose name is Jealous, he is a jealous God" (Ex. 34:14, New World Translation).
* When Jesus called to God from the cross he said: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (Matt. 27:46).
* When teaching the disciples to pray, Jesus said, "After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed by thy name" (Matt. 6:9).

"Jehovah" May Be Translated

The New World Translators try to represent the sound of this name for God in Hebrew, writing :Jehovah." Many other translators of the Bible translate the Hebrew word with the English word "Lord." Representing the sound of the Hebrew word with "Jehovah" gives some idea of how the word sounded, but is not exact, because the Hebrew word begins with a letter which is sounded "I" and not "J."

Some feel it best not to translate "Jehovah" with the English word "Lord" as most English translations do, but to use "Jehovah". Is there any justification for the translation "Lord?"

The New Testament was originally written in Greek under the inspiration of God. When the word "Jehovah" is quoted from the Hebrew of the Old Testament, the Greek New Testament does not spell out the Hebrew word with Greek letters, but translated it with the Greek word "Kurios" ("Lord" in English). In this way, God lets us know that it is OK to translate "Jehovah" into other languages.

In addition, the entire Old Testament was translated into Greek around 200 B.C. This translation, called the Septuagint, also translated the Hebrew word for "Jehovah" with the Greek word "Kurios."

Under the inspiration of God, the Greek New Testament refers to Christ with the same word, "Kurios," ("Lord") which it uses to translate "Jehovah." As an example, the entire title "Lord Jesus Christ" is found 82 times in the New Testament (See Romans 5:1). "Kurios," ("Lord") is not a specific term which always means Christ, but is also used at times for a person who is in charge.

There is at least one clamorous exception to the rule that the New World Translation always writes out "Jehovah." In this case the Witnesses themselves translate the Hebrew "Jehovah" as "Lord". Why?

The Exception, Jehovah in Psalm 34:8 Is Christ in I Peter 2:3

As a rule, the New World Translation always renders "Kurios" in the Greek New Testament as "Jehovah" when it refers to the Father, but "Lord" when it refers to Jesus Christ. Wherever the New Testament quotes the Old Testament, the New World translators could tell whether to use "Lord" or "Jehovah" by noticing if the Hebrew word which the New Testament quoted was "Jehovah."

In I Peter 2:3, however, they faced a real problem. The passage quotes Psalm 34:8: "Taste and see that Jehovah is good..." (New World Translation). In I Peter 2:3, they translated: "Provided you have tasted that the Lord is kind." Why did they not follow their rule and translate, "Jehovah is kind?" Read on in I Peter and you will find that the passage is referring to Christ. To hide the fact that Jehovah of the Old Testament is the Lord Jesus Christ, the New World Translation broke its rule and used "Lord" in I Peter to translate "Jehovah" in the Old Testament passage.

What Name Is Above Every Other?

The name of Jesus Christ is "...above every other name." (Php. 2:9). This is not because a man is above Jehovah, but because Jesus Christ is Jehovah.

Conclusion

Which name you prefer to use for God is not terribly important, and depends to a large extent on which of His attributes you want to emphasize. What is important is that you become His child and enter His Kingdom. To do this, "Ye must be born again" (John 3:7). See the first and last chapters of this book to find out how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back