Have the Jehovah Witness people come to your door?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that enough BASHING of Jehovah's Witnesses has gone on in THIS and other threads... I would like to ask the MODS: please lock this thread before even more insults, threats, stereotypes and prejudices get flung.

You don't like it here? You are more than welcome to leave Alldeaf.

Humm...

I'm not going to moderate this thread just yet, but it's getting there...

I'm an excommunicated Mormon, and no, I've not gone door to door visiting - nor do I have the inclination to do so... HOWEVER, I do know that the stakes around here do keep a list of addresses that have requested that no missionaries come visiting at - and many of the missionaries have complied with those wishes. We do occasionally get the overzealous missionary that may ignore the "do not visit" list, and they do get called upon the rug in the Bishop's office when they're caught doing so.

As for the JWs, I do know that our local JW church keeps a list too - and I'm rather surprised that there are several JW churchs that do not do so. It could be considered as harassment - especially if the tenant has requested to be put on the list, and if not done so, they can call the police and file a trespassing report against that particular church. Then a copy of the report is sent to the church from where the unwanted visitor is from, and kept on record along with the addition to the "do not visit" list. If this continues, the tenant has the right to file a complaint with the local court system and the church sued for harassment.

However, you MUST inform the missionary that you do not want them to come around anymore, and to be put on the "do not visit" list, and if they come back, call the church where they are from and ask to be put on the list.

THEN you can call the police if they still continue to come and file the trespassing complaint.

I know it's rather lengthy and a wee bit complicated, but I've seen this work.

I grew up in Mormon family.... I am not Mormon... but they respect me when i dont want their visits... and other religions ppl had come here... but they respected me when i said i am not interested....

JWs has not stopped coming here.. they had harassed me... I got fed up...it has been going on for 4 yrs..

You don't like it here? You are more than welcome to leave Alldeaf.

I'm sure the owner of this website would be happy to know that you are asking members to LEAVE. I in fact LOVE All Deaf... This thread on the other hand is just getting ridiculous. Would you like me to COUNT the number of THREATS that have been made? This board is for religious DISCUSSION, not religious hatred.

rabbit..... LuciaDisturbed DID NOT ask anyone to leave.;... she only stated that if you dont like it here .. you can always LEAVE...

I'm sure the owner of this website would be happy to know that you are asking members to LEAVE. I in fact LOVE All Deaf... This thread on the other hand is just getting ridiculous. Would you like me to COUNT the number of THREATS that have been made? This board is for religious DISCUSSION, not religious hatred.

LOL, I have never asked anyone to leave Alldeaf. I was just saying that you are free to leave if you do not like it here. We do not force you to stay here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back