Hatred Against Asl!!

justbeautiful

Reaction score
Hello, I was viewing various Vlogs till I came across this-

YouTube - This Child Is Deaf?

It is about a child forced to undergo cochlear implant surgery without her consent- then teached how to oral and etc.

I left a message asking if they will teach her ASL, and I cant believe the hatred replies I got. So I ask you- loyal deaf readers- to go check this Vlog out and leave comments supporting the beautiful language of ASL!

It is amazing how one person replied saying that all deaf children should be implanted. Oh brother! It disgustes me when people say wow! U wouldnt know that she is deaf as if it is a bad thing, ya know? The girl is still deaf so if people portray that attitude with her, she will learn to be ashamed of her deafness. It is not healthy.

It is amazing how one person replied saying that all deaf children should be implanted. Oh brother! It disgustes me when people say wow! U wouldnt know that she is deaf as if it is a bad thing, ya know? The girl is still deaf so if people portray that attitude with her, she will learn to be ashamed of her deafness. It is not healthy.

well said!

**nodding agreement**

You are right Shel90, I can not believe that deaf children are force to have cochlear implanted. It make me so sick of hearing people trying to fix us like this poor child who have no idea what her parents and the hearing authority did. In Canada, I learn that there is one province, Nova Scotia, has become a law to have every child who is D/d/HOH get the CI. That is way very wrong wrong. I am very disappoint at what the government or the hearing authority is doing to us, deafies. It is not fair. We should make a decision on when we can have a CI or not. No one should be force like that, ever. :pissed:

You are right Shel90, I can not believe that deaf children are force to have cochlear implanted. It make me so sick of hearing people trying to fix us like this poor child who have no idea what her parents and the hearing authority did. In Canada, I learn that there is one province, Nova Scotia, has become a law to have every child who is D/d/HOH get the CI. That is way very wrong wrong. I am very disappoint at what the government or the hearing authority is doing to us, deafies. It is not fair. We should make a decision on when we can have a CI or not. No one should be force like that, ever. :pissed:

That is horrible.

What happens if the child is not a candidate? The parents go to jail? What about deaf families with deaf babies? If that was in the USA, that would be going against our cival rights.

Talk about hatred against us ASL users. A deaf woman with implants has posted comments and she has said degrading stuff about ASL and deaf signers.

:fu2: to that woman!

I would like to see the language in that Nova Scotia law requiring the CI.....

:( so much negative attitudes about ASL and its users, like they have a clue what ASL can do for deaf children? Take one good look at this little Blondie cochlear implant child on the video, does she look happy? You decide, to me she doesn't look so happy. I think she'll be more happier if ASL was included in her life. Too many deaf children are forced into cochlear implants hoping for a miracle by their parents. the fact is that cochlear implants will NEVER imitate the real true functioning of normal hearing like all those hearing people out in the world.

Do you know how many deaf children are neglected due to ignorant hearing parents refusing to learn ASL? the biggest main ingredient to keep the family glued together is communication and have a tight bond between parents and the child, most of us who are ASL users knows this fact. ;)

What happens if the child is not a candidate? The parents go to jail? What about deaf families with deaf babies? If that was in the USA, that would be going against our cival rights.

Yes, I smell civil rights war coming in the nearest future if that law changes.

Talk about hatred against us ASL users. A deaf woman with implants has posted comments and she has said degrading stuff about ASL and deaf signers.

:fu2: to that woman!

Wow! I just went there and read all the comments. Too many oralists! But the woman that you talk about is a bigoted ignoramous!

I am sooo mad now when I read their. Oral made me sooo stupid and I do not know why they were sooo braggggggging about being so successful in life as deaf oralists, what a fake. If I learned ASL right away after I became deaf, my delayed language would never happen and my emotions of being abused by those professinals who strongly believe we the deaf should learn how to speak and not learn ASL would never happen. It is scarring for rest of my life. Now I read more more, then I am more pi$%ed off at them for lying about us. We failed as deaf signers? Another lies here.

I agree this young little girl is emotional immature for her age. Oh well she is remind me of myself when I was her age. What a pity her parents are idiots for not see that.

I am sooo mad now when I read their. Oral made me sooo stupid and I do not know why they were sooo braggggggging about being so successful in life as deaf oralists, what a fake. If I learned ASL right away after I became deaf, my delayed language would never happen and my emotions of being abused by those professinals who strongly believe we the deaf should learn how to speak and not learn ASL would never happen. It is scarring for rest of my life. Now I read more more, then I am more pi$%ed off at them for lying about us. We failed as deaf signers? Another lies here.

I agree this young little girl is emotional immature for her age. Oh well she is remind me of myself when I was her age. What a pity her parents are idiots for not see that.

Agreed. :thumb: I didn't learn signs until my lated adult years, and look at me struggling with English all that was based on being raised as an oralist.

Agreed. :thumb: I didn't learn signs until my lated adult years, and look at me struggling with English all that was based on being raised as an oralist.
U too, it sucks. I learned in child development courses at college years ago, most critical langauge development is before age 6 and after that it would be struggle for them rest of life. I noticed when my boys were 3, they asked me zillion questions, why, how, what, etc... I did not ask my mother those questions till I was 9 which I first learn ASL. It brought my mother in tear. Too long and too late for me. I am good now but after I read this and that, too bad those children suffer repeatly. Nothing will change. It is what upset me those people did not see this.

We need to fight the good fight for ASL. Don't let the ASL die. I know that CI is growin' and it will become recognize. I don't want CI to become recognize. I want ASL to become recognize. CI children are STILL deaf - with CI or without CI.

I am prayin' that ONE DAY the company who invented CI will close down. *prayin' *

U too, it sucks. I learned in child development courses at college years ago, most critical langauge development is before age 6 and after that it would be struggle for them rest of life. I noticed when my boys were 3, they asked me zillion questions, why, how, what, etc... I did not ask my mother those questions till I was 9 which I first learn ASL. It brought my mother in tear. Too long and too late for me. I am good now but after I read this and that, too bad those children suffer repeatly. Nothing will change. It is what upset me those people did not see this.

Wow. I am sorry to hear about your childhood. It is the same story that so many deaf adults tell, and many hearing parents and professionals just don't seem to listen.

Good posting!!! That is what make me piss off about why they keep on going to trying to teach us how to lipread, learn how to speak and just live in their hearing world, no visual ASL. I really hate that. Why are they being so stubborn and refuse to understand how we all suffer and just accept us as being a Deaf/deaf/HOH person or people? They all want us to be normal or perfect in everyway to see us fit. That is disgusting. :pissed:

And So On And So Forth

I see nothing wrong with learning to lipread. IF it comes naturally. Being forced to "take lessons" is absurd, some people have the ability to learn and some people do not. The ability to lipread does come in handy and I am proud to be a top notch lipreader. Take it or leave it.

But a CI for a small child who has no say in the matter? I think not. The rules set up for piercing belly buttons are stronger than those for implanting CI's!

Parents are horror stricken over an imperfect child. The Campbell Soup Kid Syndrome again! Parents need to take stock and stop and think WHO they are doing the implant FOR. Their child or THEMSELVES! It is as simple as that. Even if they go ahead with the implant, their child is still going to be labeled "deaf" and is still going to have a certain amount of speech impediment.

Back