Hate crime and the deaf

some of carl's opinions that i may not agree but deaf rights. YES. I didn't see any where that he did say that kids with cis should be shunned. I d like to see that one as well.

I asked carl a question through the social networking site. I said to him, " someone said, you said that CI users should be shunned" .

Carl answered:

Carl Schroeder: Someone? Like a god? I guess this "someone" must be so hateful you should never repeat what he or she said and even abet his or her hideout. I've never made any degrading statement like this, okay!

I believe I heard it on his blog. I'll look for the exact quote. He is an extremist.

You need to be extremely careful when you say this, FJ.

You heard it on his blog? He actually spoke those words? You view him as an extremist when he speaks the truth?

You can be sued for libel/defamation.

Dr. Carl Schroeder is a well respected leader in our community and he is not one to tout such comments.

Please provide such said evidence to substainate such said allegation otherwise be prepared to provide an open thread apology to Dr. Carl Schroeder.

I have screen pasted this and emailed this Dr. Schroeder, FYI.

I often wondered why ASL was not taught as a language class at many schools. At my son's high school ASL I and ASL II are credit classes.

I have been wondering about this lately. 5 months ago, I had no idea about the existence of Deaf culture. I knew a kid in high school that signed, but we had no other exposure to Deaf culture or classes available for ASL. I cannot remember anything getting introduced when talking about American History that talked about the Deaf culture here in America. They covered the African American history, the Irish and German immigration waves, and nearly every other sub-culture that has taken root in the US, but nothing about d/Deaf in any of my history classes. Perhaps this is something that should be addressed in the schools. I would hope that the School for the d/Deaf would teach these things, but as a adult that is now learning about my hearing issues, it was a shock that this whole culture has been striving in America and yet has not been taught or even talked about as a side note to the mainstream.

Maybe it is just my location and the time period that I was in school. I do not have kids, so I tend not to see what is getting taught these days, perhaps Deaf culture is getting taught now and I just missed it. I just feel that much of the hate and prejudgment that happens could be curbed with the right education.

After learning about my hearing issues, and starting my journey into Deaf culture, I had asked one of my cousins at Christmas about her baby boy. I told her about signing to children and the benefits that it had on kids no matter if they could hear or not. I got a response that I never thought I would hear. “Why would I want to give him such a disadvantage when entering school by having him be smarter than the other kids? If he is smarter, or more developed then the other kids, it is just going to make it harder for him in school.. Besides, sign is silly and only for those who do not have the ability to speak. No thanks, he will do fine on what they teach him”… I was taken back so much I was at a loss for words. The way that she said it so, matter of factly set me back a bit. There was so much wrong with what she said I had no idea where to start. It was a example of the mindset that I have seen when it comes to sign.

I asked carl a question through the social networking site. I said to him, " someone said, you said that CI users should be shunned" .

Carl answered:

Carl Schroeder: Someone? Like a god? I guess this "someone" must be so hateful you should never repeat what he or she said and even abet his or her hideout. I've never made any degrading statement like this, okay!

That was what I suspected.

I just needed a clear up the incorrect information what Carl was telling according to FJ's comment. I have never heard a statement like this until I asked Carl to clarify it. That's what He told me. That's what I need to know.

I just needed a clear up the incorrect information what Carl was telling according to FJ's comment. I have never heard a statement like this until I asked Carl to clarify it. That's what He told me. That's what I need to know.

You did the right thing. Just like FJ protects any CIs from myths or slander, we protect the Deaf community from myths or slanders so it was good to check it out before everyone jumped on Carl for a statement he never made.

I agree. Years ago, we were so silent and now we are not going to be silent about it anymore.

Souggy, if that was a response to my question, thanks. Reason I got lost is because that is a Vlog rather than a Blog.....maybe FJ will see this

FJ and her her pattern of histrionics and CI propaganda, will squirrel away a weak response.

This is where people like FJ need to stop attacking people who only speak of the truth; from experience.

I thought FJ will come back and post it that she heard what carl's comment. Apparently, she didn't have any source that carl said something about CI users, then what does it tell you guys?

I thought FJ will come back and post it that she heard what carl's comment. Apparently, she didn't have any source that carl said something about CI users, then what does it tell you guys?

Posters like this needs to be banned.

Post the source otherwise expect consequences for your actions.

Don't shout "FIRE!" and stand idly by watching the scene.

Back