Happened to Sweetheart at Fry's.

Y said:
Hi Sweetheart I understand how frustrating it is...

I hope you do not mind if I ask this:

1) Why did you want to work for Fry's in the first place ?
which one electronic or grocery ?
2) Are you still interested in Frys and why ?
and/or you already lost your interest in Frys ?

1.) Because I want to work than just staying at home and being bored, get SSI money, I hate it. I rather to working which it will keep me BUSY and BUSY, want to experience and learn about that kind of job, it's Electornic, not grocery.

2.) I would interested if they want me to work for them in a good position and good pay. But I wouldn't interested if they just hire me because of that and this, that's crap.

But, I'm already decided what to do. ;)

SherryCherish said:
sorry u go through this, sweetheart. Maybe he concern its would difficult for u be in this job. He never has that experienced. But its very rude he say that. But I got the worst nightmare interview than you has. There is a job opened it was like 3 or 4 years ago, a office works/filing/typing for car dealer "Chevy" place. Anyway, when i did applied there and i finally call him in about a week later. He picked the phone, and i request for that guy who hiring. Somehow, he keep hung on me cuz of relay.. so finally 3rd time he answer, i said its me to know if u interesting in me like that. He said no thank you, bye. I was so upset. Somehow my dad got pissed, which he is help them with stocks anyway. He know them very well, and told them about that guy. So they were very upset so talk to that guy. So guy felt so bad, and set up interview with me to give me a chance.
So I got dress up for interview and notebook/pen. He all sudden, said, Hi! I don't think its good idea for u to have this job. I was frozen and asked why. He said cuz u can't tlak or hear. the newspaper said u only need typing/filing/office works. He said well, sometime need care for phone calls. I said, someone can take care of it and give me the numbers or emails etc. He said i don't think its a such good idea. He ask me why i been deaf. Talk negative. for alike one hr. He keep it up. so i left and got into the car and bawled all way while i drive. Just let u know my previous experience, it was torn me up so badly. Just be glad that if he fake it and hire u, he might treat u crap at work right? it might not a good choosen and keep looking, sweetheart.

I do understand how you feel. That's not nice of him to doing that to you, you could do that but I understand about the phone issue, BUT still it's wrong. I'm sorry about that happened to you, but I will work so hard to find a job that I like and it will be better than Fry's and such like that.

Yeah I know the feelings Sweetheart, I wanted to work at this one company cause the pay was soo good and the medical benefit was perfect even they had 2 weeks of pay vacations too, but unfortunately they wanted someone who could actually hear....

Sweetheart said:
1.) Because I want to work than just staying at home and being bored, get SSI money, I hate it. I rather to working which it will keep me BUSY and BUSY, want to experience and learn about that kind of job, it's Electornic, not grocery.

2.) I would interested if they want me to work for them in a good position and good pay. But I wouldn't interested if they just hire me because of that and this, that's crap.

Glad that you already made a decision whatever
you think is best. Good luck ;)

Sweetheart said:

yea i undy how ur feeling.. u got good point abt that.. that why i started got hearing test today and ready for part of job computer..

^Angel^ said:
Yeah I know the feelings Sweetheart, I wanted to work at this one company cause the pay was soo good and the medical benefit was perfect even they had 2 weeks of pay vacations too, but unfortunately they wanted someone who could actually hear....

I do truly hate people to do that to deaf people, for hiring another people instead of deaf people because of hear and talk, I was like excuse me, there is some deaf people who COULD be smart than hearing people on something same like... Fixing on the computer or the car or whatever you know... :ugh:

TweetyBird said:
yea i undy how ur feeling.. u got good point abt that.. that why i started got hearing test today and ready for part of job computer..

Thanks.

Oh that's awesome :hug:

Sweetheart said:
Thanks.

Oh that's awesome :hug:
i know that i am not suppose work since dr order but i need work and keep me busy and money for gas, food and cruise pay off soon... that what i need

Sweetheart said:
I do truly hate people to do that to deaf people, for hiring another people instead of deaf people because of hear and talk, I was like excuse me, there is some deaf people who COULD be smart than hearing people on something same like... Fixing on the computer or the car or whatever you know... :ugh:

Yeah I agree, I wish life was that simple where we could actually find any jobs we want, but it doesn't happen that way, and it's stinks

But I do hope and pray that you will find a job that you really want! :hug: don't let them stop you girl

^Angel^ said:
Yeah I agree, I wish life was that simple where we could actually find any jobs we want, but it doesn't happen that way, and it's stinks

But I do hope and pray that you will find a job that you really want! :hug: don't let them stop you girl

Yeah, I do wish that too... Yeppers, it's stinks... Thank you! :hug: I will not let them stop me, no way...

TweetyBird said:
i know that i am not suppose work since dr order but i need work and keep me busy and money for gas, food and cruise pay off soon... that what i need

Oh really? Why did your doctor say that you cant work? It's up to you telling if you want to... It's your choose

TweetyBird said:

Oh yeah that's right, You must be one tough girl!! I can understand about the money situation and the things we need to pay etc, I still worked when my feets were infected and even got worse when the days went by until I arrive home, RR wasn't pleased what he saw on both of my feets, but still it didn't stop me from working cause I knew I needed the money to be able to go to St Louis....

Girls like us won't let anything stop us from doing what we need to do...

^5

Sweetheart said:
Yeah, I do wish that too... Yeppers, it's stinks... Thank you! :hug: I will not let them stop me, no way...

yeahh dont let them stop you :) .. I hope you find a job soon :) .. Mine still looking for a job yikes eh :lol:

DeafMonkey said:
yeahh dont let them stop you :) .. I hope you find a job soon :) .. Mine still looking for a job yikes eh :lol:

Yeppers, that's right! I hope that I will find a job soon! I hope you will find a job soon too

Sweetheart said:
Yeppers, that's right! I hope that I will find a job soon! I hope you will find a job soon too

Oh yeah cant wait to hear from one lady name Collen will get me as voluteer to work with the kids cant wait lol :lol: if not then keep going to looking for a job.

sequoias said:
Sweetheart went to Fry's for her interview today. She showed up a little early, she had the notepad and pen on her own and a woman showed her where the interview are at, she sat there and waited for couple minutes, she saw around 15 people in there for the interview too. She noticed the white paper that is for the emerency contact and they are hiring after that. A man was going to interview with Sweetheart, they wrote to each other and it's done in 15 minutes already. She didn't fill the white paper for emerceny contact. She had a feeling that she's not hiring because she's deaf. Here her and a man's conversation:

Sweetheart: I'm here for the interview.
Sweetheart: I don't read the lips and talk that really good(when a man talked to her)
A Man: My first interview this way
A Man: What can you tell me about yourself & why you would like to work for Fry's?
Sweetheart: I'm a hard worker and could learn fast. Because I want to experience to work here and learn about here too.
A Man: Do you think you or others around you would find it easy to communicate here at Fry's?
Sweetheart: We could write back and forth, I will bring my own notepad and pen for in case.
A Man: What can you do for us?
Sweetheart: ANY you want.
A Man: Couldn't possible to get back with you? I would like to take a partner to see what's best for us & you.
Sweetheart: You could text me on my mobile.
Sweetheart: My mom's phone number(when a man asked me about that phone number)
Sweetheart: Could I add my mobile number? (A man nodded)
A Man: I don't want you to think we don't like you. I will try my best to find a position that will easy work for both Fry's and you. I will be back to you by Wed.
Sweetheart: That's alright. Just take your time.
They shaked the hands and Sweetheart left.

From what I read here about your interview, it seems to me it is odd when they ask u about phone calls. I don't recall my interview with PO was about phone call. Also I do not think they have right to ask u about u being able to communicate with people at the store.

Maybe u need to work on something to improve your interview for future to make more interest to them? And make sure they do not use your deafness in the interview.

Ouch Sweetheart... hopefully the next interview for another job will goes well for ya... and wish ya good luck. :)

Back