Happened to Sweetheart at Fry's.

Cheri said:
It's okay to disagree with me. ;)
great.. glad ur open mind as well. no hard feeling!! anyway back to sweetheart!! sory didnt mean to take over ur thread! lol

GalaxyAngel said:
Doesn't matter how much you have skilled enough for an interview job or your prevouis experience and willing open new challenge as new position different career.... but issues their attudies feel doesn't want your lack communction reilable notepad.. that major problem.. I've seen other deaf people who trying to get a job...

Fry's .. isn't good idea.. that place is high percent reilable demands volume "commucation" to meet customer's needs..

I recommend that use blue collar and others.. whatever what your hand skilsl or expereince... go for it.. .

Javapride.. doesn't matter anyone WHO have expereince background history working...and possible change their career... Dont' forget that..

what do you expecting anyone reilable communcation... Be TRY remmy that so many different places jobs as such electricois store or others prefer as salesperson or others requires communcations.. do necessary bring notepad.. due wasting time.. wait for write to be down... that problem peoples' attudies.. NOT DEAF.. okay.. AS far I know Deaf people are trying their BEST... peroid..

other Deaf people who CAN communcation which lucky have strong teeth expose themsleves!

Sweetheart typing: Dont being bother about Cheri's and my conversation but read what I said about my jobs.

http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=585488&postcount=7

Let me tell you about my jobs:

Highland Senior Center, I worked there when I was almost 14 years old until 17 years old, I worked there with older people like in their 30's or 40's, even helping old people in their 60's to 90's, THEY UNDERSTOOD ME WHAT I TALKED ABOUT and even they admit to wrote me back to chatting with me, they love me alot. Old people are hard people to having communicate with, but when I worked there with them which it's fine to having communicate with them. I went to Detroit to getting my award for being best worker in Highland for THREE times.

Highland Township Hall: I worked there same thing with Senior Center, I worked TWO JOBS together at once, I worked with people for computer, files, the houses, everything like that. But they and I was communicate VERY FINE! Also, I got award for being best worker in there too for THREE TIMES too.

Hollywood Video: I worked there for couple months, ALOT of people will come up to movies to rent or asking me where the movies are or need my help or blah blah, but our communicate was FINE too. They was enjoying to have me to work there. I love to working there because people are so friendly and I could learn many things in there like, stocking, cashier, people's personality, what their tastes in movies, etc like that.

Best Western Hotel: I worked there for couple months too, I worked to be waitress for the party, I bring the drink and food for them and I had to ask them what they need like, drinking coffee or soda or something like plus need fork or more food or something like that. That's VERY hard but easy to communciate with them even I met strangers, I only met them in a day but they understood me and I understood them.

Dihel's: I worked there for around 6 months, I worked to pack the apples up in the bag, fill the Apple Juice in the Plastic Container, put the label on the Plastic contanier, many things to work there. But our communicate was wonderful...

Farmer Jack: I worked there for almost 5 months, I was working as bagger at there. I have to have communicate with people because it's so required, because of food that they could ask me for my help, or need more toliet paper, blah like that. But our communicate was FINE!

How did I get communicate with people? BY NOTE PAD AND THE PEN. Not even talking and read the lips.

So Fry's are almost same like ALL OF JOBS that I worked which I told you, they just need the paper and pen so I can communicate with people.

Fry's, I smell BULLSHIT. They just might don't want to hiring me becuase I'm being deaf and such like that. That's not right. I met many deaf people who are successful to working same like I DID.

LisaMarie said:
great.. glad ur open mind as well. no hard feeling!! anyway back to sweetheart!! sory didnt mean to take over ur thread! lol

Sweetheart typing: That's alright ;)

It's Sequoias typing: Fry's Electronics have ALOT of employees that don't know jack shit about computers and many of other electronics. Why did they hire them? Cashiers don't really need to know much about them, all they do is do change and billings.

I've heard countless of complaints from customers saying that Fry's have too many employees that don't have knowledge about electronics. That is no better than hiring a deaf person who really wants to work for a living and have movitation to communicate with people in a different manner.

What if a spanish person comes in and talks in a different language, that's the same way deaf communicate by notepad.

My suggestion... find a different job if you strongly feel that Fry's is not being fair. So why contiune sweat over this.. or you wouldnt be happy working at Fry's if you knew somethings not right. its not worth to work for somebody who doesnt care about people.. u should work for somebody who cares about people not only money..

LisaMarie said:
My suggestion... find a different job if you strongly feel that Fry's is not being fair. So why contiune sweat over this.. or you wouldnt be happy working at Fry's if you knew somethings not right. its not worth to work for somebody who doesnt care about people.. u should work for somebody who cares about people not only money..

Yeah, that's true. Fry's doesn't really care about people in general. She already have connections with other job avialable if Fry's thing doesn't work out.

sequoias said:
Yeah, that's true. Fry's doesn't really care about people in general. She already have connections with other job avialable if Fry's thing doesn't work out.
thats great she has another connections!! hope everything goes smooth!! i really honestly wish her the best!!! :) hugs

LisaMarie said:
thats great she has another connections!! hope everything goes smooth!! i really honestly wish her the best!!! :) hugs

Yeppers, that's job who I met a deaf woman in around two days ago, she suggested me to go there if it's not work out with Fry's. It's something to helping with people who are retard, blind, deaf, etc like that you know? I already have that experience with my school that have that. So I hope I will get that job, if not then I will try my bes to find a job.

sequoias said:
It's Sequoias typing: Fry's Electronics have ALOT of employees that don't know jack shit about computers and many of other electronics. Why did they hire them? Cashiers don't really need to know much about them, all they do is do change and billings.

I've heard countless of complaints from customers saying that Fry's have too many employees that don't have knowledge about electronics. That is no better than hiring a deaf person who really wants to work for a living and have movitation to communicate with people in a different manner.

What if a spanish person comes in and talks in a different language, that's the same way deaf communicate by notepad.
You got a very good point there. :)

Sweetheart said:
Yeppers, that's job who I met a deaf woman in around two days ago, she suggested me to go there if it's not work out with Fry's. It's something to helping with people who are retard, blind, deaf, etc like that you know? I already have that experience with my school that have that. So I hope I will get that job, if not then I will try my bes to find a job.
oh yeah.. i have another link you might want to check this out.. check out at
workforce..
i think its..
www.(your 2 intial state)workforcecenter.org
for example.. im from mn.. so i type in
www.mnworkforcecenter.org
hope that helps u.. i always advise my deaf friends who have hard time find a job. i always refer them to this link. it always help...

Hmm...sorry to hear about not getting a job at Frys, Sweatheart. :P

My guess sound be that Fry's doesn't respect the Americans with Disabilities Act--meaning they just don't want to hire any deaf Americans...

Perhaps...when you're going for a different job interview, you might want to ask your consuleor (sp?) to see if they can check out about getting UbiDuo or Interpretype which allow you and others like Job Interviewer, co-workers, your friends, etc. to communicate faster than pen and paper. I'm not saying that pen/paper are outdated but I just think you might want to be aware of the technologies that are available to you.

UbiDuo or Interpretype are good ones especially for the interview -- it helps speed up the Interviewing process and saves time for the interviewer and you.

Aww I'm sorry to hear that Sweetheart :hug: I know that there are jobs out there that do that, I've been in that situation many times myself and some jobs just look at you just because you can not hear, instead of willing to give us a chance to see if we can actually do the job....It's their loss since they lost a good worker like yourself...

And err....for Javapride, you don't know a thing or two on how many jobs my sister and I had, I would appreicate if you don't make assumptions because it makes you look stupid...

LakeTahoe said:
Fry's is an electornic store.
There's two type of Fry's one is "Fry's Electronic Store" and one is "Fry's" which is a grocery store that we have them in Tucson. in Phx, they have both.

Hi Sweetheart I understand how frustrating it is...

I hope you do not mind if I ask this:

1) Why did you want to work for Fry's in the first place ?
which one electronic or grocery ?
2) Are you still interested in Frys and why ?
and/or you already lost your interest in Frys ?

The reason why I ask you this because
IF you still want to work for Fry's...
THEN, I suggest perhaps you go back to Frys
sometime next week and then
you could try to talk with a different interviewer person
because every individual have different attitudes.
I am sure that NOT everyone at the Frys
have the same attitude
just like that man you already wrote notes with.
Maybe it looks like he needs more time to figure out
about these vacant positions.

IF I were in your shoes, I would take his word about
this Wednesday because he said that he would try to
contact you this Wednesday so let's wait and see
what happen this Wednesday. Who knows ?!?!
Why did he say "Wednesday" ???

If you do NOT hear from him by the end of this week then
Maybe you get a better chance with a different person
at the Fry's one more time and/or else
then you could just move on with your other
connections. I wish you the best luck !

Just a thought. What do you think ?

oh boy! nutthin news abt that person think know everything.. *rme* anyway i am sowwy abt that sweetheart.. he is so rude abt this.. gosh... he did wrong... sigh.. :hug: sweetheart!

sorry u go through this, sweetheart. Maybe he concern its would difficult for u be in this job. He never has that experienced. But its very rude he say that. But I got the worst nightmare interview than you has. There is a job opened it was like 3 or 4 years ago, a office works/filing/typing for car dealer "Chevy" place. Anyway, when i did applied there and i finally call him in about a week later. He picked the phone, and i request for that guy who hiring. Somehow, he keep hung on me cuz of relay.. so finally 3rd time he answer, i said its me to know if u interesting in me like that. He said no thank you, bye. I was so upset. Somehow my dad got pissed, which he is help them with stocks anyway. He know them very well, and told them about that guy. So they were very upset so talk to that guy. So guy felt so bad, and set up interview with me to give me a chance.
So I got dress up for interview and notebook/pen. He all sudden, said, Hi! I don't think its good idea for u to have this job. I was frozen and asked why. He said cuz u can't tlak or hear. the newspaper said u only need typing/filing/office works. He said well, sometime need care for phone calls. I said, someone can take care of it and give me the numbers or emails etc. He said i don't think its a such good idea. He ask me why i been deaf. Talk negative. for alike one hr. He keep it up. so i left and got into the car and bawled all way while i drive. Just let u know my previous experience, it was torn me up so badly. Just be glad that if he fake it and hire u, he might treat u crap at work right? it might not a good choosen and keep looking, sweetheart.

Back