Halloween Is Coming

My best friend is having a Halloween Party so I'll be joining the party.... and I think I'll be going as Alice Cullen or at least a cute Vampire girl.

Also, I will be taking my son to trick or treating.... He hasn't decided what to become as yet... He's thinking about being a pirate Jack Sparrow or a Dinosaur.

My wife and i used to dressed up vampire couple at Drago's place (in SF) back in 2002 or 2003.

Last edited:
I LOVE halloween candies... will be still a mommy for halloween anyway... lol...

Will be working on Halloween night anyway... sorry kids no candy from us... :(

I will probably go to my sister's house and be the Hockey Guy again. Here is a picture of her house, just before dark, and me as Hockey Guy, without my chainsaw. (I use an old, nonworking chainsaw as a prop)
24gvfkm.jpg
dcfng4.jpg

Two pictures: first is a house with a fog machine and many different Halloween decorations around the front yard, just before darkness. Second is me, wearing a green North Stars replica hockey jersey and a white hockey mask.

I will probably go to my sister's house and be the Hockey Guy again. Here is a picture of her house, just before dark, and me as Hockey Guy, without my chainsaw. (I use an old, nonworking chainsaw as a prop)
24gvfkm.jpg
dcfng4.jpg

Two pictures: first is a house with a fog machine and many different Halloween decorations around the front yard, just before darkness. Second is me, wearing a green North Stars replica hockey jersey and a white hockey mask.
It's Jason!!! :run:

Every year I make a kitty litter cake. Its good, want some?

KidsKuisine Kitty Litter Cake

Last year I was Mimi from the Drew Carey Show, but this year I think I will not dress up. Maybe I will wear cat ears headband when I hand out cake. heheheh
bad huh?

Unless I got somebody to dress up with I find myself too old for halloween fun, except of course for some occasional haunted houses or what-nots... but then again they're more fun when with someone or at least a group of friends.

For those of you living in the south and not too far of a drive from Chattanooga. Ruby Falls Cave now has their Haunted Cavern open... the hours are each weekend fri-saturday starting at 8 pm, until Halloween. The (self-guided) haunted tour takes roughly an hour to an hour and half to go through.
You go down 260 feet in a actual elevator shaft to the cave below, you are given a small light stick (all other light sources are not allowed and WILL be taken away) you then go through underground 1000 feet of this year's theme Wyrmwood Asylum where the story is inmates from an insane asylum had taken over and gone crazy killing the staff and each other and escaping to the cave below to hide out. The path is part cave and part man-made exit tunnel.
When you reach the end you ride the "Hellavator" back "up" to the surface and go outside to the highway below the castle. A shuttle picks you up and brings you back up to the second part of the tour where you find more of the inmates who have escaped and are waiting to terrify you.
There are group rates available if you call ahead. Check out 9/17/2009 - Haunted Cavern At Ruby Falls Prepares To Scare - Travel - Chattanoogan.com
Haunted House in Chattanooga, Tennessee Ruby Falls Haunted Caverns Haunted House
Ruby Falls for more info
There are also signing tours available for groups up to 15 during the day. Call ahead for reservation to ensure getting a signing guide. Something to do before the haunted cavern should you and your group arrive early. The signing tours are through the regular cave/waterfall and are separate cost from the Haunted Tour. The signed tours are available year-round.

Unless I got somebody to dress up with I find myself too old for halloween fun, except of course for some occasional haunted houses or what-nots... but then again they're more fun when with someone or at least a group of friends.

For those of you living in the south and not too far of a drive from Chattanooga. Ruby Falls Cave now has their Haunted Cavern open... the hours are each weekend fri-saturday starting at 8 pm, until Halloween. The (self-guided) haunted tour takes roughly an hour to an hour and half to go through.
You go down 260 feet in a actual elevator shaft to the cave below, you are given a small light stick (all other light sources are not allowed and WILL be taken away) you then go through underground 1000 feet of this year's theme Wyrmwood Asylum where the story is inmates from an insane asylum had taken over and gone crazy killing the staff and each other and escaping to the cave below to hide out. The path is part cave and part man-made exit tunnel.
When you reach the end you ride the "Hellavator" back "up" to the surface and go outside to the highway below the castle. A shuttle picks you up and brings you back up to the second part of the tour where you find more of the inmates who have escaped and are waiting to terrify you.
There are group rates available if you call ahead. Check out 9/17/2009 - Haunted Cavern At Ruby Falls Prepares To Scare - Travel - Chattanoogan.com
Haunted House in Chattanooga, Tennessee Ruby Falls Haunted Caverns Haunted House
Ruby Falls for more info
There are also signing tours available for groups up to 15 during the day. Call ahead for reservation to ensure getting a signing guide. Something to do before the haunted cavern should you and your group arrive early. The signing tours are through the regular cave/waterfall and are separate cost from the Haunted Tour. The signed tours are available year-round.
That sounds awesome!

I don't like Halloween. Here in Europe they don't even know what it's about... People just try to take it over form the US :roll:

I don't like Halloween. Here in Europe they don't even know what it's about... People just try to take it over form the US :roll:

True, my deaf friend who lives in Italy. She said the farms don't sell Pumpkins there, which surprised me. Interesting!

How come you dont like Halloween? Just curious.

How come you dont like Halloween? Just curious.

Eh... I practically don't like anything that has to do with celebrations except birthdays :giggle: I'm weird like that... I also don't like dressing up which could be another reason as to why I'm not fond about halloween... :shrug:

Eh... I practically don't like anything that has to do with celebrations except birthdays :giggle: I'm weird like that... I also don't like dressing up which could be another reason as to why I'm not fond about halloween... :shrug:

Interesting. My husband doesnt like it because he doesnt like scary stuff. My ex hubby doesnt either because of his religion.

Interesting. My husband doesnt like it because he doesnt like scary stuff. My ex hubby doesnt either because of his religion.

It's scary too that's true... I don't need a lot to jump out of my pants :giggle:

It is far older than the US.

The History Halloween

Halloween is on October 31st, the last day of the Celtic calendar. It was originally a pagan holiday, honoring the dead. Halloween was referred to as All Hallows Eve and dates back to over 2000 years ago.

All Hallows Eve is the evening before All Saints Day, which was created by Christians to convert pagans, and is celebrated on November 1st. The Catholic church honored saints on this designated day.

Source Halloween History and Origin

Back