Had a f****** close call

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got attacked by a big rusty nail carrying old wood out of the house, the board slid and the nail ripped my chest opened about 3" long. I didnt go get stiches, I didnt cry, I just kept working... Now I got this scar and it keeps swelling up and itching, I think there might be something trapped under the skin since it healed, most of it is normal but about a 1/2" to 1" of the scar swells up and itches from time to time???? Am I gonna die?

My dad owned a buckle factory and he got a puncture wound leg on a piece of metal and thought nothing of it . He just kept on working . That night when he took his paints off my mom saw red line traveling up my dad's leg. He had to get to the hospital right away or he would had dies. I also had a friend that cut her arm on a rusty nail in a barn and she just washed it off and end up having to go to ER as she had a red line traveling toward her heart. I would think your cut had bled a lot if it did that would had help cleaned the wound out. Puncture wounds does not bleed and they're can get infected easier . I was pulling my rug up and kneeled onto a tack and it hurt like shit , I washed it off and kept an eye on it. I did not cry.
I thought the OP was almost in a horrible accident or someone held a gun on him.

e8adadaj.jpg

It's getting where I think this pic should just be my signature. I find myself striking this pose constantly.

Damn ****ing close call is right!!! Had a brush with death right there. Phew

Say Mark...ur hair sticking up looks better than mine when I wake up in the AM....:giggle:

When a 3year old hands you a toy phone.... You answer it !!!! LOL

Hubby didn't step on a chainsaw blade but he cut his knee with one that was running. Not to take away from Mark's near disaster. :giggle:

I can remember when my dad and my brother where trying to fix the doors for the garage . Dad was up on the ladder and my brother pushed the button to close the door not knowing dad had both hands in the door. My brother was going to run for his dear life and dad knew he had to keep his cool .So he said very softly "Son open the door." Dad wanted to say " Opening the @#$@**##!! But he knew his son would had taken off. That is what I call a close call, dad could had lost all his finger if the door had closed faster.

I can remember when my dad and my brother where trying to fix the doors for the garage . Dad was up on the ladder and my brother pushed the button to close the door not knowing dad had both hands in the door. My brother was going to run for his dear life and dad knew he had to keep his cool .So he said very softly "Son open the door." Dad wanted to say " Opening the @#$@**##!! But he knew his son would had taken off. That is what I call a close call, dad could had lost all his finger if the door had closed faster.
Ouchie!

Call out the National Guard!

Wow! Almost as bad as when my driver's side window exploded on me when I was driving over 65 mph on the far lane of the interstate. :roll:

WOW ! How did that happen ? Did some damn jackass ake a shot at your car? I hope not!
I was strike by lighting once and I did nothing . I did feel weird and laid down for awhile The next day I woke up in pain on the right side of my face.
The lightning hit my pinky finger on my left hand and much had travel my body. My TMJ was killing me. I had an acupuncture treatment to help with pain and it worked .

Once I cut my right index finger off at the middle joint when my hand went through a plate glass door.

They sewed it back on. It still hurts and doesn't work quite right...

ok...at home my dad fell off a ladder a few years ago, he was in his 70's then...we found out later when my hub and I were at the hospital waiting for my mom to recover from her hip surgery. He told us in the hallway outside after her surgery, he said he hadn't told her cause he didn't want to worry her.
He was working the second floor gutter of the home they had at that time, and fell off. He was fine...he's very low-key "type B" - my mom, not.

My mom's hip- she broke her hip when she fell as she taking a step up to go from the mall parking lot to the sidewalk. It was winter, she slipped..fell...got up, a passerby person helped her to a bench. She sat for a bit and then got up and walked back out to the parking lot, through the lot and drove home. On a broken hip.

When a 3year old hands you a toy phone.... You answer it !!!! LOL

I have a phone my granddaughter played with , it's a real phone but it not hooked up. I had a repair guy come to fixed my phone and he picked up my grandchild phone and listen to it. I told him the phone was not hooked up.

Once I cut my right index finger off at the middle joint when my hand went through a plate glass door.

Ouch!

I did the sewing part once, was making a fleece jacket and sent a finger through the sewing machine. Put 3 stitches all the way through it. Pulling them out was cringe worthy but no lasting harm done.

I had my middle finger sewed back on . It got cut off by a toy box lid falling on it . The middle finger on my right hand is a little shorter than my left hand. Is your like that too. The finger is stiff at the top and does not bend right. We had a meat slicer growing up , and I am glad it was not one that had to pugged in. I was cutting some meat and talking to my brother and I was looking at his face and the next thing I knew I almost had a thumb sandwich ! I cut right through my thumb and I can still see when I cut it today. It should been sewed up. I just washed it up and put a band aide on it. I was using more 4 letters words than a drunken sailor but my dad did not mind this time.

I remember those incidents. Didn't your dad have to help you out of the shower? I forget, did you have to go to the hospital wearing just a towel? :giggle:
I was home alone. I had to walk over floor of glasses... cleaned my bloody foot and hand from the bathroom sink before I quickly walked downstair to call my dad cuz I didn't want to stain the carpet. my dad sped and drove thru several red lights to get me to E.R. I was waiting in the kitchen for my dad and I only had underwear on. My dad helped me get dressed up and then we went to ER.

at that time - smartphone.. blackberry... iphone weren't invented. I had to do my best to hear thru speakerphone and repeat the situation to my dad a few times. I think all he said in reply was - WHAT???? WHAT????? OK!!! HOLD ON!!!!

I take it the dog wasn't rabid?
hmmmm I seem to be fine so I guess no it was rabid. It was overly protective of an older, nervous woman struggling to pull the dog away from me. I guess my bike was making noise that got him rattled :dunno:

Diabetics do have that problem. It can take months for an extremity to heal, or never heal.
Mark - are you diabetic?

Oh wow... oh wow... oh wow...

My interpreter stomped my shoe at convention center.

That's exaggeration. :roll:

I was home alone. I had to walk over floor of glasses... cleaned my bloody foot and hand from the bathroom sink before I quickly walked downstair to call my dad cuz I didn't want to stain the carpet. my dad sped and drove thru several red lights to get me to E.R. I was waiting in the kitchen for my dad and I only had underwear on. My dad helped me get dressed up and then we went to ER.

at that time - smartphone.. blackberry... iphone weren't invented. I had to do my best to hear thru speakerphone and repeat the situation to my dad a few times. I think all he said in reply was - WHAT???? WHAT????? OK!!! HOLD ON!!!!

hmmmm I seem to be fine so I guess no it was rabid. It was overly protective of an older, nervous woman struggling to pull the dog away from me. I guess my bike was making noise that got him rattled :dunno:

Mark - are you diabetic?

That's a negative. However, I STILL have a long recovery period, because some of the areas have been injured more than once. Like my left knee, for example. In 2012, I tore the MCL, and took 3 months to recover. Just over a year ago, I tore the ACL in the same knee, and took just over 7 months to recover.

That's a negative. However, I STILL have a long recovery period, because some of the areas have been injured more than once. Like my left knee, for example. In 2012, I tore the MCL, and took 3 months to recover. Just over a year ago, I tore the ACL in the same knee, and took just over 7 months to recover.

torn MCL/ACL.... that's a different story. they do take months to heal.

but I mean like lacerations... blisters....

Tendons and ligaments don't have their own blood supply, that's why they take longer to heal than skin, bone and muscle.

That's true for everybody and the healing time length for them cannot be used a measuring yard stick for other body structures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back