Had a f****** close call

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are funny. It's not bleeding now. Pretty sure it's stopped, but I'm waiting for the pain to subside before putting weight on it (no painkiller medication)
I thought it was just a flesh wound. Did you cut thru muscle, nerve and bone, too?

Absolutely!

You're not supposed to drink it.

It's an emergency antiseptic for the wound, although in your case I would just use soap and water to cleanse it.

Of course, you can always use the Windex to clean the blood off the glass. ;)
Why do they sell sports drinks that look just like window cleaner? :hmm:

As a small boy about 8, I was deep in the woods outside of town near Cook Inlet. It was a year or so after the largest earthquake in modern history that hit there in Alaska. I was riding my bicycle down the old military trails as fast as I could. Up hill and down just me and my stripped down Schwinn having a blast. No one in the world that I knew of had any idea where I was.
I was powering up this little hill using the momentum from the last one. It was steep but the force was with me I was looking ahead and I still remember seeing the trail looking normal ahead of me trees both sides open sky ahead. I heard a voice in my head in a loud NO!! Scared me. I stopped, laid the bike down and looked there wasn't anybody around.

I walked up the trail to the top of the hill ... it was a sheer drop straight down a couple hundred feet to stone gray water with white caps. The bluff had sheared off in the earthquake and had done such a clean job the trail was normal right to the very edge right at just before the crest of the hill.

We had a summer camp in New Hampshire and one my older sister and when to our next door neighbor and my sister told that it was safe to go into the river up to my knees and that there was NO drop offs in the water. I believed my sister ad she knew I could not swim so I started to walk in the
water and which was just over my feet and I took one more step and the water was way over my head! I was trying to get help and my neighbor thought I was fooling around at first but when I did not come back up he knew better and jumped into save me. If an adult had not been there my sister and I could both had been dead . I could had pulled her down while she was trying to save me. That was very close call. My sister always drove into the river and did not know there was a deadman drop off there.

Maybe your wake call was that you should have a first aid kit ;)

But for future reference if you have a cut that is being stubborn about stopping bleeding, put salt on it. That'll stop it.
:nono:

My knee cut, as promised. When it happened, I thought it was shallow, but that does not appear to be the case-- looks like it got me deeper than I thought.
Sorry, my computer doesn't have high enough zooming resolution to make it out.

Tiny, but extremely painful. You can see the injury itself is raised and swollen, which tells me that the glass piece I missed last night got me good.
Are you saying that it was the same piece of glass that you found earlier? What did you do, throw it back on the floor? :confused:

... I had a two inch cut on my knee that they stapled shut, and I was walking around the same day.
Same with Hubby when he cut his knee with a running chainsaw.

My son-in-law was standing and hobbling on his remaining leg the day after the other one was amputated.

This thread is an example of attention seeker with this unnecessary drama. There are things that people doesn't want to know about certain things and is best to keep to themselves. Sure, I get papercut from packages several times at work but I don't come here to cry about it. The common sense is to take care of yourself, there is a lot of minor injury that can be treated by yourself at home.

To the OP, it's not necessary to tell us a lot of things about your daily life, if you want to make your life private like you wanted to (i.e. no Facebook for example). You have posted a lot about yourself here that some of us do not want to know. You need to be cautious about yourself and your well being.

It's time to move on, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back