Gun owners: how many rounds should we have?

keep enough on hand to kill them all. Store it where it is readily available. Unless you have kids then lock it up.

Um, do you think I was kidding a little bit?

Of course I don't seriously believe that paranoid people should have have access to weapons.

Hmmmm.

Are you sure. I was told paranoid people are the only ones who really know what is going on.

I doubt you'll ever find anything thats fire/theft proof.

That may be true, but the responsible thing is to ensure that your stuff are secured to the best of your ability... or what you can afford, especially when it come to thins like identifications (birth certificates and so on) or lethal weapons.

Right now we have at least 1,500 rounds for the .223, 300 rounds for the .22 LR, 100 rounds for the 9 mm, 25 rounds for the .38 special, 30 rounds for the 30-30, 200 shells for the 12 ga., and 300+ shells for the 20 ga.

My concern is that sometimes certain ammo is out of stock or extremely high priced. I think I should stock up while it's on sale but that's not always possible.

Also, storage space is a problem. It doesn't seem safe enough to me to keep it stacked up in a closet. That certainly isn't theft or fire proof. :hmm:

223's a fun rifle. Yer ready for sniping there.

But boy... The others.. yer running low. 200 shells? Boy...

Have you tried asking your local ammunition or gun shop? What about the local law enforcement?

Don't make it sound like you're building a huge armory. Make it sound like you want to have enough ammo on hand in case of emergencies or defense, but don't want to get in trouble for having too many.

Have you tried asking your local ammunition or gun shop? What about the local law enforcement?

Don't make it sound like you're building a huge armory. Make it sound like you want to have enough ammo on hand in case of emergencies or defense, but don't want to get in trouble for having too many.

local gun shop is either sold out and/or $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I don't think you can buy ammo from local law enforcement because they use police-version and it's specially registered.

local gun shop is either sold out and/or $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I don't think you can buy ammo from local law enforcement because they use police-version and it's specially registered.
I'm not talking about police or law enforcement types of ammo. I'm talking about asking them about the law. They do enforce the law. Have them put it down in writing of the limits, so you know you got it from them instead of some random citizen in the street. :)

The gun shop is a business--they'll say we never have too much--buy more! :lol:

No, no, not a call to law enforcement. I don't want to end up on some "list." :giggle:

I want to know what other gun owners consider to be a basic adequate supply. Hundreds of rounds sounds like a lot but we can go thru that much in a couple of practice sessions, the two of us, especially if Hubby is popping off the AR-15.

We have the boxes stacked in a closet, which looks like a lot but it seems to get used up quickly. So expensive though.... :(

223's a fun rifle. Yer ready for sniping there.

But boy... The others.. yer running low. 200 shells? Boy...
Yeah. Hubby and our grandson went to the range today and used up some more but didn't buy more. I guess I better go shopping.

I'm not talking about police or law enforcement types of ammo. I'm talking about asking them about the law. They do enforce the law. Have them put it down in writing of the limits, so you know you got it from them instead of some random citizen in the street. :)

ooo ok. There's no law on ammo transferability unless it's sold for profit. For ie - Joe the Plumber selling ammo to Joe the Cableguy. That is illegal. You have to be licensed to do such transaction. NJ legislators wanted to pass the law that makes it illegal to give the ammo to others. and plus - they wanted to have each bullet specially printed with registration # so that it can be traced to each buyer :ugh:

Same thing for alcohol. It is illegal to sell booze to others if you do not have a license for it but it is not illegal to GIVE the booze to others (assuming they're 21 or above)

My MIL has clothes in 3 closets, boxes in the attic and in the garage. They are all her clothes. Her weight goes up and down depending on her eating and so she keep clothing in 5 sizes and then she always has something to wear if she gains or loses. Never mind the fact that they are so old that washing will make them fall apart or they are so terribly out of style or fashion. :giggle:
My MIL is the same way. But her clothes and bolts of fabric (for sewing that she'll never do) are all 100% 1970's polyester so I don't think they'll fall apart (unfortunately). That stuff is not biodegradable. :giggle:

Oh, I get it. Sorry, I misunderstood before.

There is no limit. If the ammo is a legal type from a legal source, then we can buy whatever we want. On my budget, there is no way that I would be buying enough to attract BATF attention. :)

Oh, I get it. Sorry, I misunderstood before.

There is no limit. If the ammo is a legal type from a legal source, then we can buy whatever we want. On my budget, there is no way that I would be buying enough to attract BATF attention. :)

Want some help?

Today I bought one box (50 rounds) 38 special for $29.95, and four boxes (20 rounds each) 30-30 for $11.94 each box.

Are those prices high or low?

Today I bought one box (50 rounds) 38 special for $29.95, and four boxes (20 rounds each) 30-30 for $11.94 each box.

Are those prices high or low?

However you want it. ;)

Goodness, Reba. I am a bit doped up. Legally. But I am so glad you are here in this world of dreams!

Back