Grocery store annoyances

One time even though I only had a handful of items, being the gentleman I let an elderly lady move ahead of me. She then brings in two carts worth to the checkout lane! My wtf reaction floored those waiting behind me!

Poor Charlie experienced the same thing. :lol:

image-97.gif

I just climb :D I climbed pretty far up and into the dairy cooler a couple times. The creamer I wanted was on the top shelf and it hadn't slid forward, it was way in the back so I had to climb a couple shelves to get high enough to reach way to the back.

You're a foot taller than me. Not like a Mark 12 inches (the length of a mans arm) but a real 12 inches :D

We have 10% sale tax on grocery. :(

Alabama doesn't exempt the sale tax on food.

I just climb :D I climbed pretty far up and into the dairy cooler a couple times. The creamer I wanted was on the top shelf and it hadn't slid forward, it was way in the back so I had to climb a couple shelves to get high enough to reach way to the back.

You're a foot taller than me. Not like a Mark 12 inches (the length of a mans arm) but a real 12 inches :D

I once went to pick up a bottle of pickles and some jackass must happen open the bottle and not put the lid back on tight. I had pickles juice running down my arm and all over my leather jacket and new sweater . The store paid to get my jacket and sweater cleaned .

Um I hate how high the shelves go. Nothing like having to stand on the bottom shelf to reach something on the top one to make you feel like munchkin :/

And the carts that never ever ever go straight

it even worse when shop don't have this 'step on hat' like they have in libraries...

I'm another climber lol. Annoys me.

Sometimes I use something else to knock down what I want (this only works for lighter stuff though).

Some people are slow to take out their debit card or credit card... or a check after the clerk completed processing groceries. I mean have them in hand and ready to pay instead of getting it out after the clerk processed the groceries.

I hate it when the person in front of me is all done paying for their food and the checkout person keep yapping with the person while I am waiting . I will say something if they blah too long.

I hate it when the person in front of me is all done paying for their food and the checkout person keep yapping with the person while I am waiting . I will say something if they blah too long.

I do some heavy sighes and give irritated looks that is one real bad no no on till..
we do have some deaf in local store it nice for them and me when we meet,but limited chat with teenage boys who have sad story

I HATE it when there is a person in front of me in a line and the other person who is with them goes back and forth bringing more stuff in the cart. One time, there was this lady with two other ladies (her grown daughters, I presume) was directing them to different parts of the store to get things. They would go and get the requested items, bring it to her, and put them in the cart. Then the older lady would do it again. After 3 times of this (the line was LONG, mind you), I finally spoke up. I said, "If you aren't finished shopping, you shouldn't be standing in line." The other people behind me were saying "Yes, get out!" I don't know if there was yelling involved (deaf here) but the lady put up her hands and was like "Okay!! Okay!" and left the line.

If someone forgets something while in line, that's understandable but to continue to shop for several items while in line...no, not happening.

We don't have self checkout where I live in a small town.

I have used my purse as a divider between the orders when there is a shortage of dividers.[/QUOTE]

I have never thought of that..:hmm:

I always put the divider bar between my food and if I can't reach the bar I ask the person in front of me to get it for me.

I used to ask people in front of me but in the last few times, I got nasty comments from some of them and they end up refusing to get the divider for me. Ugh, so I don't even bother anymore. Too much work for me! lol

what I do when that happens is go extra slow myself unfortunately it piss others in que but cashier learns alesson

The slobs who just leave their cart where they unloaded it in the parking lot.
Beautiful women that wear hardly any clothes to the grocery store.

I dont pay attention to anyone so i cant say if there is so annoying about the food store. :dunno2:

We don't have self checkout where I live in a small town.

I have used my purse as a divider between the orders when there is a shortage of dividers.

That is something I would not do , someone could try to steal my pocketbook or wallet.

Back