Grocery store annoyances

I never noticed..I just wait for a hhhhuuuuggggeeee gap between their groceries and mine before I load my groceries on the belt.

why don't you simply reach over and put the divider yourself?
and after you?

I always look for divider, and put if before and after me, unless somebody manages to get if first.

Fuzzy

why don't you simply reach over and put the divider yourself?
and after you?

I always look for divider, and put if before and after me, unless somebody manages to get if first.

Fuzzy

Sometimes I cant reach it because the person in front of me wont move. Or sometimes there are no dividers.

If there is a divider, I ALWAYS put it after my items WHEN I am able to reach it.

It's what happens when you get bored :D

That's kind of why it's annoying, I get stuck between the lady in front of me and 2 or more people behind me and I know people would get impatient if I just wait for a huge gap. But if I reach for the divider that would be kind of intrusive and creepy since I would have to reach over the lady's groceries and also get too close to the lady.

That's why I wait until there is a gap. I don't feel comfortable trying to climb over the belt to reach for the damn divider. :lol:

I think that's your job. I always put my own divider up. :dunno:

Are you tall enough to reach over and grab a divider??? :laugh2:

What annoys me the most is people who write a check and wait until the cashier is done to pull the checkbook out and start writing ... then they do the electronic check thing which takes more time and meanwhile others are going to different lanes.

As far as self checkouts the only one I've used is at lowes hardware and sometimes even there an employee is running the thing anyway. Have never seen one open at Walmart and they don't even have them at the local grocery stores.

The women at my store have me trained up. I am all over those dividers.

My pet peeves, the coupon lady from Hell, that is one who is going incognito. Usually you can spot them but some are clever. It is a bad moment watching the coupons come out. Even when they do it furtive and fast it is like slow motion and then the burning pain hits as the time hole starts sucking me in and I am hanging on looking for escape.

Another one is the couple that stroll in side by side at a nice slow pace, kids scattered out behind them hanging off the produce scales, knocking stuff off of shelves and so on.

What annoys me the most is people who write a check and wait until the cashier is done to pull the checkbook out and start writing ...

One time there was an old lady ahead of me I was just cringing her whipping out the checkbook and yet... she used her credit card. I was floored!

We don't have self checkout where I live in a small town.

I have used my purse as a divider between the orders when there is a shortage of dividers.

times I wish had gattling gun standing in que.
I seen tv program about extream couping how come America gets coupons like that I don't understand that system Poor cashier..is supermarket told beforehand persons do extream couping?

I usually use the self checkout lanes.

Sometimes I get those carts with the wheels that seem to only go in one direction, or are "sticky"...sucks if there aren't any carts left-

Also get peeved when they are out of the antibacterial wipes to use on the Carts....I wipe the handle to the cart down very thoroughly....Some grocery stores don't have 'em...so I've begun to bring my own if necessary.

One time even though I only had a handful of items, being the gentleman I let an elderly lady move ahead of me. She then brings in two carts worth to the checkout lane! My wtf reaction floored those waiting behind me!

my pet peeve is people in cars waiting in the fire lane, dude I saw you sitting in the car when I went in the store and when I come out I see you again idling in the fire lane! go park theres plenty parking spots left. Drive up when you see your friend/person come out of the store. Geez

People standing too close to me in the checkout line when I'm near the keypad... back up two more feet will ya? give me my space when I am dealing with paying using the keypad.

yesterday a guy was literally touching my backside with his jacket I turned around and his wife was trying to go around the cart geez could you guys have figured that out before going into the lane? lol I said nothing because the guy was trying his hardest not to get full on contact with me when I was stuck where I was due to person in front of me and my cart. Poor guy was uncomfortable with my "death" stare I give to potential muggers around here

One time even though I only had a handful of items, being the gentleman I let an elderly lady move ahead of me. She then brings in two carts worth to the checkout lane! My wtf reaction floored those waiting behind me!

Ugh that makes me mad when you do that if you have a few more items and they're only holding some only to bring a basket full of stuff. I only do it now if and only if the person has a few items and they're alone. I watch they're beady little eyes.

However, this has rarely happened to me but enough to mad.

I try carry basket stop me over buying use trolly help me stand upright in que....the customers who start having chat with cashier about the weather family etc I could shoot them

Um I hate how high the shelves go. Nothing like having to stand on the bottom shelf to reach something on the top one to make you feel like munchkin :/

And the carts that never ever ever go straight

:lol: Aren't people something....?

I guess it's because women are not as territorial as men and you know how men likes to claim their territory and stake it with a flag :lol:

I always put the divider bar between my food and if I can't reach the bar I ask the person in front of me to get it for me.

Um I hate how high the shelves go. Nothing like having to stand on the bottom shelf to reach something on the top one to make you feel like munchkin :/

And the carts that never ever ever go straight

:giggle:...yeah...(about the carts)...many times I've gotten one that went..."clackty clack"....one of the wheels swiveling in and out too....

And those customers who ride the motorized carts from the grocery store....I've seen kids in them....racing them like go-carts or something....and the obese customers putting ice cream, cookies and all that fattening foods in the basket....say what?....I had to use one after my ear surgery due to balance problems....those things are so sllllllow....

How about customers holding up the grocery lane by "chatting"?...I've bit my tongue lots of times and counted to 10.....before saying...."scuse me, Mamm!"

Um I hate how high the shelves go.

I'm 6'1" so I don't get problems with reaching around but I do remember seeing little old ladies struggle just to get some wine. You would think that they'd have some kind of a courtesy step ladder in every aisle?

I'm 6'1" so I don't get problems with reaching around but I do remember seeing little old ladies struggle just to get some wine. You would think that they'd have some kind of a courtesy step ladder in every aisle?

courtesy step ladder? that's a lawsuit waiting to happen :shock:

just hollah to a taller person or a shop staff to help you. at BJ's, I helped an elder lady to put a box of water onto her cart.... that's two 2.5 gallons in a box

*groan* my poor back....

Back