Grocery Shopping

Where do you go for grocery shopping the majority of the time?

• Winn-Dixie

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Publix

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Save-a-Lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SuperWalMart

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 60 60.6%

• Total voters
I went to any diffenr store like Kroger Store and Meijer Store few mroe store i forget name

RedWolf said:
i go to wegman cuz it open 24 hours and it is near my home
I *miss* Wegman's! :aw:

I go shop at Market Basket and BJ's Whole Sale Club

I do shop at Trader Joe's, Growers Direct , 99 cent or Albertson's.
The first three are closest to my home so I can either ride bus or walk to these stores.
Blue120 :)

Levonian said:
Good grief, Nancy! Where do you live—Cornhole, Indiana? We don’t even have any of those stores where we live. :shock: We shop at Von's, Ralph's or Albertson's, depending on who has the best flyer deals.
Well sheesh! in my neck of woods, we dont have Publix (never heard of it!), neither Von's or Ralph's (never heard of them either!) dang Winn-Dixie went outa business here so did Nichols so all we got the damn Supercenter WalMart
....arrrrgghhh!! im so sick of Walmart!!...............

Katzie said:
I *miss* Wegman's! :aw:

I go shop at Market Basket and BJ's Whole Sale Club
Oh I love Wegman's! We go there whenever we are in Buffalo, NY..it is
such a neat store!...what do you mean you miss Wegman's? did it go out
of business in your area?...if it did, i cant imagine! :-o

Defee said:
Oh I love Wegman's! We go there whenever we are in Buffalo, NY..it is
such a neat store!...what do you mean you miss Wegman's? did it go out
of business in your area?...if it did, i cant imagine! :-o
Oh no no... *lol* Actually, I was a college student at NTID/RIT in Rochester, NY from '91 to '97 and I always went to Wegmen's because it's big, have a lot more selections, mini restaurants and it's clean! Gosh I love that store! After I graduated I went back home here in Massachusetts to be close with my family, but our stores here are nothing like Wegmen's! :pissed:

Oceanbreeze said:
:applause: Nancy! Two points for us, because, we live in Florida! :rofl:

I actually moved here from Maryland in 1998, so it's been awhile since I've been back there. If I I remember right (Fly and Taylor, you guys can check me on this :lol:), they have Acme, Food Lion, Safeway, and Giant grocery stores. Plus, a few more that I know I'm forgetting.

Maryland seems to have a lot of different grocery chains these days. :giggle:

Fly Free pretty much covered it. I do remember the Acme stores but haven't seen one in years, I don't know if they are even still around. We have Costco, Walmart, Giant Food, Safeway, Food Lion. I've also seen some Fresh Fields around. In some of the less populated areas of Maryland and Virginia you can find some of the other ones, such as Winn-Dixie and Piggly Wiggly's.
I was at a Powwow in Western Maryland and I thought somebody was joking when they mentioned 'Piggly Wiggly'. I thought it was just a nick name for the corner store or something...sure enough, there was a regular sized grocery store with a Pig on the sign... :roll:

Taylor said:
Fly Free pretty much covered it. I do remember the Acme stores but haven't seen one in years, I don't know if they are even still around. We have Costco, Walmart, Giant Food, Safeway, Food Lion. I've also seen some Fresh Fields around. In some of the less populated areas of Maryland and Virginia you can find some of the other ones, such as Winn-Dixie and Piggly Wiggly's.
I was at a Powwow in Western Maryland and I thought somebody was joking when they mentioned 'Piggly Wiggly'. I thought it was just a nick name for the corner store or something...sure enough, there was a regular sized grocery store with a Pig on the sign... :roll:

:lol;

Well, Taylor, thanks. :)

Before we moved here, we lived in Royal Oak, MD. A little rinky-dink town no bigger than your thumb. :giggle:

It was nestled between Easton and St Michaels over on the Eastern Shore. There's (or there WAS) an Acme in Easton. That's the only one I know of, though. :mrgreen:

Never heard of these stores!!

Here, we have Safeway, Fred Meyers, Winco, Albertsons and Thriftway.

I frequent Safeway as they have great sales.

pinkster said:
I go to Rainbow Foods, or Cub Foods. Occasionally I pick up stuff at Super Target. :P YAY MINNESOTA! ;)

Same as here, soon as Super Target open in West St. Paul then I may go there sometimes. I sometimes go grocery shopping, my mom doi most of it.

Wegman is the biggest store with lots of selections. More selections on seafoods. More selections on deli meats. Even they have mini-restaurant such as chinese food restaurant inside Wegmans. Even they open 24 hours, I can go to Wegman even at 3AM where there are less crowded with people there. I like it when there are less people there cuz it is so peaceful.

1. Winco, mostly
2. R-N Markets, often
3. FoodCo, sometimes
4. Vons, once or twice month

In California, my town has the Savemart I always shop there, and once a while I go to Costco. There is Target and Walmart for dry food items only and milks and sodas. That's it.

Whole Foods Market
Wild Oats
Clark's
local farm markets (in my area)

I go to the grocery stores like Safe Way, Kta, Sack N Save, Malamla and other more stores.

For me, there are many options to go.

Closest store I'd go is Jewel/Osco, cuz I have the card thing that gives me discounts off items.
Then maybe Dominick which isn't that far.
Trade Joe's close by but rarely go there cuz of limited hours and bit pricey. Maybe if I have a job, then I'll see. Interesting items there. :)
Then there's Cubs food, Costco, and Sams club (last two I dont have membership but maybe in the future if I want bulk.
Wal-mart is out in the suburbs so I don't go there unless I'm in the neighborhood.

I buy groceries at SuperWalMart, WalMart Neighborhood Market, and Winn Dixie

I shop at Save-on-Foods most of the times

My favorite grocery store is Save-on-Foods and there's one about 20 minutes away from my home.

I shopped at Super Wal Mart But sometimes shop at HEB or ALbertson or Central Market for few things needed.

Yes, I think Weggy (Nickname for Wegman's) is the largest supermarket in the world. That is where I shop there! Weggy one of three organizations that invented the bar code that you see everyday at stores that strips across the glass plate. Before that, every item have to have price tag on it, and that cash registerar have to register every product into machine... Bar code really cut that time signifcantly. IBM, RIT, and Weggy together back in early 70's.

RedWolf said:
Wegman is the biggest store with lots of selections. More selections on seafoods. More selections on deli meats. Even they have mini-restaurant such as chinese food restaurant inside Wegmans. Even they open 24 hours, I can go to Wegman even at 3AM where there are less crowded with people there. I like it when there are less people there cuz it is so peaceful.

Back