Grocery Shopping

Where do you go for grocery shopping the majority of the time?

• Winn-Dixie

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Publix

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Save-a-Lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SuperWalMart

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 60 60.6%

• Total voters
I usually went to Market Basket for huge food. As emergency small food at Super Stop and Shop nearby my home.

I shop at Redner's Warehouse Market, Farm Market, Flea Market, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's... as long as I can find things at reasonable price that are healthy and organic

I shop at Redner's Warehouse Market, Farm Market, Flea Market, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's... as long as I can find things at reasonable price that are healthy and organic

Flea Market? Is that what you eat the fleas? Interesting... :dunno2:

Flea Market? Is that what you eat the fleas? Interesting... :dunno2:

oh dear, I find this amusing... no you don't eat fleas... its just a title :) It is usually held over a weekend selling things for cheap.... But you would have to really browse for something worthwhile :)

Flea market - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since this is about grocery shopping, skip the flea market, I do Farmer Market :P My mind wasn't thinking straight the other day, my apologizes ha :)

Last edited:
oh dear, I find this amusing... no you don't eat fleas... its just a title :) It is usually held over a weekend selling things for cheap.... But you would have to really browse for something worthwhile :)

Since this is about grocery shopping, skip the flea market, I do Farmer Market :P My mind wasn't thinking straight the other day, my apologizes ha :)

I find that it is funny. Imagine that if the fleas taste so good, and it could be added the spice/herb list on the market. yuck! Actually, I used to go to flea markets a lot a few years ago until a big flea market went out of business.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

A flea market is like a super-sized garage sale. A farmers market is like a super-sized road-side fruit stand. ;)

I hate going grocery shopping so whenever we are out of something, I just make a quick run to the store and do it as fast as I can. I dont know why I am like that but I feel like I need to get it over with everytime I am in the food store. I always get the feeling that I am wasting time. It is such a pain in the ass. My husband does most of the food shopping and he shops at Sams Club.

I don't believe it - same here!, as I do HATE grocery shopping !!! ugh! That's on one of my most hated list! It's BORING! :pissed:

Either Food Lion, Harris Teeter, or Lowes for me. Mostly it's Food Lion...I was surprised that it wasn't on the list and I thought it existed everywhere, at least it was in my state...lol.

Now I think about it, when I went to other states I don't see it...until now I have never noticed that.

It's same when my aunt told me that she have never heard of Belk (store that's like JcPenny but little more expensive). I am too naive...lol.

United States is really a big country when you think about it.

Either Food Lion, Harris Teeter, or Lowes for me. Mostly it's Food Lion...I was surprised that it wasn't on the list and I thought it existed everywhere, at least it was in my state...lol.

Now I think about it, when I went to other states I don't see it...until now I have never noticed that.

It's same when my aunt told me that she have never heard of Belk (store that's like JcPenny but little more expensive). I am too naive...lol.

United States is really a big country when you think about it.

Yeah, I saw some signs on Google satellite map that says "Food Lion" stores when I search some places to live. I personally do not like this store because it was on the news that some managers erased expiration dates on foods and re-stamped them. Some people died from eating food poison. That was a couple of years ago, and it was not the first time. I believe that this store is a bad reputation.

Yes, I agreed with you that it is a big country. Some towns have very strange names especially hospitals. A lot of religious people live in south states than northern states, and they put names of the buildings related a name for a religious. I can't give the example here. I think that it is a quite scary.

When I was at a restaurant in southern of Georgia for my vacation, the food list on the menu included many Bible statements especially Jesus Christ on it. I was confused to read both Bible and food together on the menu. That's something not quite right.

Why do you hate grocery shopping?

Don't know why ... just 'cause it's boring, basically same old stuff to be picked up week after week ... I just find it a waste of time going grocery shopping BUT I don't mind browse shopping, just taking my time looking at different items in other stores other than supermarkets. :)

Don't know why ... just 'cause it's boring, basically same old stuff to be picked up week after week ... I just find it a waste of time going grocery shopping BUT I don't mind browse shopping, just taking my time looking at different items in other stores other than supermarkets. :)
Perhaps, you should try doing something different to make it more fun?

Go with a friend or girlfriend or boyfriend or whoever?

Back