Grandmother Shoots Intruder took the law into her own hands

Liebling:-))) said:
Yes after WWII... people use to own guns in the house. It was happened to my hubby´s Great Grandad. My hubby was a little boy and watch Great Grandad shot the birds. He let my hubby touch the gun. The law says the guns must remove in household... Great Grandad sold his guns. My hubby remember the gun law turn into illegal when he was a little boy.
The Nazi Weapons Law was 1938--that was before
WWII (1939-1945).
The Nazi Weapons Law of 1938 replaced a Law on Firearms and Ammunition of April 13, 1928...

In 1938, five years after taking power, the Nazis enhanced the 1928 law. The Nazi Weapons Law introduced handgun control. Firearms ownership was restricted to Nazi party members and other "reliable" people.

The 1938 Nazi law barred Jews from businesses involving firearms. On November 10. 1938 -- one day after the Nazi party terror squads (the SS) savaged thousands of Jews, synagogues and Jewish businesses throughout Germany -- new regulations under the Weapons Law specifically barred Jews from owning any weapons, even clubs or knives.

This law is for jews. ;)

It's not just gun but discriminate jew rights accord Nazi law... example like that: Courts, lawyers, police, etc. denied jew's rights, no matter what. Example: Jew reported police or court what the German break in and hurt them or beat them up... whatever.... Jews are not allow to marry German.....

German Government destoryed Nazi law and make new law. I only tell you what my hubby witnessed his Great Granddad's gun and how he shoot birds etc.

Last edited:
Reba said:
Haven't you seen all the news stories about men who kidnap children so they can abuse them sexually? It has nothing to do with money. They kidnap children so they can rape them.

I think you read crimes too much.

You made alot of crimes question, it look like that you know too much about crimes than me. :eek:

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Reba
"Most" not "all". That means there are some criminals attacking at times other than 2-3 a.m. Sorry, but rapists can and do sneak in and patiently wait; the thrill of the chase keeps them awake and stimulated. A burglar might get tired, but a rapist/killer does not.

No I mean different.

"most" mean is a lot...

"some" mean is few...

The police recommend us to go to self-defend group. (karate). We made Karate class at 10 years ago.

What you describe about crimes could be different between Germany and America because of high volience/aggressive, that's how make crimes stronger. Example: they cut unborn babies from mother's wombs in America with no feeling which Germans doesn't. I can tell thru your description that Americans's aggressive/volience are stronger than Germans. I'm not saying that we don't have like this here in Germany because I know there're crimes in Germany but I mean is aggressive/volience.
Yes, Germans crimes hurt victim but Americans are stronger. Alot of physical and Emotional abuse make them more aggressive and volience with no feeling.

Anyway, polices only warned because they know from their experience to deal with crimes and know their ways.

I remember Police asked us question in parent conference over Rapist estimate.

"The victims had been raped by well-known people (like friends, relatives) OR by Stranger". Which high%? Most of us answered: "Stranger". The police correct us that there're high % well-known people than strangers. We were :jaw: because we thought it's strangers, not well-known people. wow That's what I guess the different countries we have... Police gave you information how to defend yourself because they have experience how to deal with crimes as German police to us, too.

bigdaddyb said:
I'm not familiar with 'gas guns'. How can you and your friends have an opinion on something that you have no experience with?

Yes, you are right that I have no experience with guns. All what I know from my friends about "Gas gun". :dunno: I will find out again.

In truth, very few teenagers are killed in America every year by accidental shootings. The vast majority of teens killed are from gang violence. Gun laws don't take guns from criminals. Only from the law abiding.

Few? but there're many statistic shown in websites that it's high.
http://www.mediascope.org/pubs/ibriefs/yva.htm

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2248/is_n127_v32/ai_20413246

http://www.ajc.com/opinion/content/opinion/1105/11edguns.html

One-hundred times more children drown in swimming pools in America every year than are killed by guns in the home

But link says different.

Notably, the overall fatal gun accident rate for the American
population has been declining faster than the rate of most other types
of accidents, such as car accidents or work accidents. From 1968 to
1988, the rate of fatal gun accidents fell from 1.2 per 100,000
population per year to 0.6 - a decline of 50%. In the same period, the
motor vehicle fatal accident rate fell from 27.5 in 1968 to 20.1 in
1988 - a 27% decline. Work deaths declined 47%.

http://www.sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca/~ab133/Archives/Digests/v01n001-099/v01n019

As what you said about swimming pool. Well, it's parental's or school's supersivon and must sure that they must be there to watch/teach their children/students how to swim which different as Gun. Is it meanfuling to teach the children how to shot?

Take a look at Great Britain. They outlawed civilian gun ownership and gun crime exploded. Violent crime in GB is up 40% since the ban. The cities in the U.S. that have the highest violent crime and gun crime rates also have the most restrictive gun laws. Coincidence?

Yes, it's correct but the guns should be restricted for sports shooting, gun clubs, hunters, polices, milatary etc., not ban. Here in Germany, the guns are restricted for the special reason.

Unfortunlately, it was happened at few years ago in Erfurt Germany, a 19 years old boy shoot 11 or 17 teachers and 2 students and then killed himself. Where he get gun from? Police found out from serial number of bullets and gun is from hunter club where he registered his membership.

Gun laws in the U.S. are racist. They began as a method to keep blacks and immigrants disarmed and 'controllable'. It continues today. Gun control laws in large urban areas deprive law-abiding, inner-city residents (high minority and immigrant %) from their God-given, Constitutionally-protected right to defend themselves from criminals.

I would tell you an example.
Unfortunlately, it was happened at few years ago in Erfurt Germany, a 19 years old boy shoot 11 or 17 teachers and 2 students and then killed himself. Where he get gun from? Police found out from serial number of bullets and gun is from hunter club where he registered his membership. He use gun to kill the people.:(
After that happened, German change few law to make stricter about gun rights.

And

I would suggest you to read American's and journalist Randall Collier, USA 's comment in those link how they feel about handgun. I know how they feeling because I have the same feeling as them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/special_report/1998/03/98/shooting_tp/70511.stm

You are actually at MUCH LESS risk walking down the street in Texas because of armed civilians. Violent crime has decreased by double-digit percentages in EVERY state that has legalized civilian concealed carry. No exceptions. These are U.S. Federal Government statistics, not statistics from any political party or lobby group.

Disarming civilians is a really bad idea. Mass, government sponsored killings follow right after that. Just look at history. Every time a civilian populus is disarmed, tyranny follows very closely.

Good, I would have few to ask you question. I hope you don't mind to answer all of my question if you think my questions are nonsense. :D I make sure because I know from my friends who visited Texas in 1983. He told me that he and his mates want to go stores to buy something but all what they saw is guns are everywhere... He thought about "shoplifter"... shot them?

I remember the stories about deafies in America. One of stories, I remember at long time ago. The police want to call something to a young man and then shoot him because a young man "ignore" police's call. The police went after him but he is dead. Police was shock after found out he is DEAF. Oh dear! If deafies are shoplifter then RUN after them, not shoot them.

1. Would I being shot if I go to their property with no weapon but want to question them or ask for distance?

2. Would I being shot if I go wrong property?

3. Would I being shot if I pay unexpect visit to surprise my friends?

4. Do you think it's meanfuling to carry handgun to public? If yes, why?

5. Do you think it's meanfuling to leave your gun lock in the house to be safe before you go out? If not why?

6. Would I being threat by stores with gun if they "thought" I'm shoplift?

7. Would I being shot by stores because I'm shoplifter?

But Americans where I work with see different. They told me themselves after their visit to England that they feel safe in England than in America. :dunno: Yes, I'm agree that there're high volience and crimes in England but Americans feel difference thru their experience between England and America. :dunno: I can't say anything because I never been went to America before.

bigdaddyb, I can understand where you come from and what you beleive because you was raised to know that gun control is safe. I respect you but I see different. I think stricter gun control won't solve any problems, but improve the country and better to reduce crimes something like Improve law, education, reduce proverty, drug use as a medical problem, society etc. All what I saw the discussion is "Without guns, how will you protect yourself?" What's that... They should blame Government for neglect their people, not gun ban.

American comments
I will say as a substitute teacher in our public schools, that I don't teach in our high school anymore; high schools kids are not kids anymore, but I wouldn't call them adults, I don't know what to call them. When I lived in London in 1993, I did feel safer walking down the street than I do feel in Los Angeles; even though I know that your police didn't carry guns and ours do.
And while we want to place blame somewhere or on someone, it's not that easy. It's not like making a cake and you know adding the proper ingredients will give a certain result. Creating a violent child is many ingredients from mass media, parents, peers, etc. How do we change the ingredients and make a better child?
Shari Sanders, USA

We become the people our parents teach us to be. We become the people show us how to be. UNLESS our parents have not shown us how to be good, then we cannot and will not be good. President Clinton could not have stopped this tragedy. But the parents should have known how their children were feeling. Sure, talking can sort things out but again, we can only talk about our feelings if we are taught by our parents.
Babu, India

America is a country which has always had difficulty dealing with mental illness. The problems these two young men were experiencing probably began in early childhood and were not recognised. We need to grow up as a nation and admit that mental illness exists and try to help those who have it. That help probably needs to consist of restricting or eliminating access to guns. Mental illness is just that, an illness, until it is ignored; then it becomes a tragedy.
Barbara L. King, USA

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/324871.stm

Yes, if I´m in the house - different story... it´s not what Granny did... but she saw foot mud but still go in her house and searched until she found him and shot then call the police... WRONG.

I carried cell phone with me. I prepared police phone number & my address and "help, burgary is here" on the top of list in cell phone and also emergerny, too. If it happened, then press only one button of cell phone, not dial the number STRAIGHT WAY and then check ..... then lock our room because our bedrooms are upstair... We can´t hear and can´t go downstair to search them..that´s why we lock our room... If we are at living room then run to terrace door straight way to get out of our house and press one button to call police.

Oh! I didn't read the story so I didn't know what really happened. But you're correct, I wouldn't enter the house either if I was the Grandmother. She put her life at risk and she lucky she didn't get hurt. Very Lucky. ;)

But, on the bright side some people are very overprotective of their home and would want to know who is in their home, They would go any length to walk in and search around. But, it's not safe to do so. I agree. ;)

As what you said about swimming pool. Well, it's parental's or school's supersivon and must sure that they must be there to watch/teach their children/students how to swim which different as Gun. Is it meanfuling to teach the children how to shot?

You just made my point right there. It's the parent's responsibility to teach their children responsibility in ALL facets of life.

It's very meaningful to teach kids to shoot. My kids love it, and are EXTREMELY safe with guns. U.S. Government stats show that children who are taught to shoot by their parents commit almost no gun crimes. Their percentage is below .01% of all gun crimes committed. Teaching a child to shoot teaches responsibility, patience, and safety.

The range officers comment on how my kids are safer than many adults that they see at the gun range.

Police found out from serial number of bullets and gun is from hunter club where he registered his membership. He use gun to kill the people.:(
After that happened, German change few law to make stricter about gun rights.

This is really sad to me. One criminal acts. Thousands of innocent, law-abiding citizens lose their rights. That's punishing the innocent. Gun laws are only followed by the law-abiding. Criminals could care less about any laws. This is why I support tough, manditory sentences for gun crime. It punishes those who commit the crime.

And I would suggest you to read American's and journalist Randall Collier, USA 's comment in those link how they feel about handgun

I've read tons of stuff by American journalists. As a group, they have strong, anti-gun stances. They generally misquote figures, exaggerate facts, and at times, fabricate 'statistics' to support their point.

If you want to know about gun usage in America, look at U.S. Government statistics, not what the media gives you.

Good, I would have few to ask you question. I hope you don't mind to answer all of my question if you think my questions are nonsense. :D

I don't think your ideas and questions are nonsense. I think they are misinformed. You're obviously an intelligent, thinking person. I just don't think you see the whole picture on this issue.

1. Would I being shot if I go to their property with no weapon but want to question them or ask for distance?

Nope. All of my neighbors own guns. Strangers are NEVER greeted with a displayed firearm.

It is illegal to shoot someone in Texas for just trespassing on your property. You'll go to prison for a LOOONNNNG time for that.

2. Would I being shot if I go wrong property?

Nope. See above. It's not legal. I've lived in Texas for 13 years and lived in Louisiana for 25. I've NEVER heard of someone being shot for trespassing. Breaking into someone's house is another issue. Personally, I don't see you as the type to break into someone's house, so you'd be at ZERO risk.

3. Would I being shot if I pay unexpect visit to surprise my friends?

Nope. See above.

4. Do you think it's meanfuling to carry handgun to
public? If yes, why?

Yes. I keep a handgun in my truck 100% of the time. It's on my person about 40% of the time that I'm away from home.

I've covered this in a previous post. For lawful self-defense. Take a look at the following link: http://keepandbeararms.org/opsd/

These are media documented, not pro-gun group documented, self-defense shootings in the US. Just read about the situations that innocent people found themselves in.

We see two kinds of reports here in TX. Crimes where the victim was armed and fought back, and those where the victims were unarmed and seriously hurt or killed. An armed response significantly increases your chances of surviving a violent incident.

5. Do you think it's meanfuling to leave your gun lock in the house to be safe before you go out? If not why?

Nope. I take it with me. I don't use gun locks. My guns are well hidden and my kids are trained in gun safety and don't touch them. Teach a kid to shoot, and they won't be curious about the gun anymore. It becomes just another thing that they do and not some exciting contraband item.

6. Would I being threat by stores with gun if they "thought" I'm shoplift?

Nope. I've never seen shoplifting met with armed response, unless the shoplifter became violent when caught. Only private businesses here allow their employees to work armed anyway. Large corporations and malls don't allow it.

7. Would I being shot by stores because I'm shoplifter?

Nope. Armed robbery will get you shot. Shoplifting is a non-violent crime and is met with a non-violent response.

bigdaddyb, I can understand where you come from and what you beleive because you was raised to know that gun control is safe.
All what I saw the discussion is "Without guns, how will you protect yourself?" What's that... They should blame Government for neglect their people, not gun ban.

Actually, I don't support any gun laws that limit the freedoms of the law-abiding. If I haven't done anything wrong, my freedoms should be many. If I commit a crime, I should be severly punished.

Here's our biggest difference. I don't believe in depending on government to take care of me or anyone else. Taking care of me is my responsibility. Anything you depend on government for will eventually leave you disappointed. No government has ever succeeded in taking care of it's citizenry. People must be given maximum liberty and allowed to take care of themselves.

Freedom must never be limited because doing so MIGHT achieve some goal. The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that the police have NO responsibility to protect the individual. If that's the case, obviously government isn't going to be there for me in my time of need. I have to take care of myself and my family.

Just look at the hurricanes. Only those who took care of themselves came out ok. Those who looked to the government to take care of them ended up in a real tight spot.

It's not just about guns for me. It's about how I live my life. My guns are only a tool. No different than my hammer or wrenches. They have their purpose. Innocent people can be hurt or killed if I misuse any of my tools, or my car, or any number of other things that I own.

A person's safety depends on that person and on me. The device isn't responsible.

brianb

P.S. I'll gladly answer any further questions also.

bigdaddyb said:
Nope. All of my neighbors own guns. Strangers are NEVER greeted with a displayed firearm.

It is illegal to shoot someone in Texas for just trespassing on your property. You'll go to prison for a LOOONNNNG time for that.

Nope. See above. It's not legal. I've lived in Texas for 13 years and lived in Louisiana for 25. I've NEVER heard of someone being shot for trespassing. Breaking into someone's house is another issue. Personally, I don't see you as the type to break into someone's house, so you'd be at ZERO risk.

Thanks for this. Now I feel safe about Texas. :) That was why I was coming up with those silly examples for Reba. Of course, you're from Texas so you'd know the answer. :thumb:

RedFox said:
Thanks for this. Now I feel safe about Texas. :) That was why I was coming up with those silly examples for Reba. Of course, you're from Texas so you'd know the answer. :thumb:

Glad to be of service.

Texas is actually a great place to live.

Just because we're willing to 'shoot someone' in the right situation doesn't mean we want to.

The paperwork and legalities for even the cleanest shoot are a real pain. The post traumatic stress can be a real drag too.

I hope my gun never sees that kind of action. I'm plenty happy with my guns being my 'playthings' that I take to the range and put holes in paper with.

brianb

I think you read crimes too much.
You made alot of crimes question, it look like that you know too much about crimes than me. :eek:
Not really. I do not like to read stories about people hurting children. Every time I hear about a child being abused, in my mind I see my grandsons' faces. It makes me sick. But we can't hide our heads in the sand and pretend that bad things don't happen. If we ignore the bad news, we give power to the bad guys.

All these awful stories are the news every day and night.

What you describe about crimes could be different between Germany and America because of high volience/aggressive, that's how make crimes stronger. Example: they cut unborn babies from mother's wombs in America with no feeling which Germans doesn't.

People who "cut unborn babies from mother's wombs" are not normal. That is NOT something that is common in America. That is exactly the reason it is splashed in the news, because it is shocking. Americans don't approve of that behavior. Crazy stuff like that happens all over the world. The difference is, other countries keep it secret. The United States has very open news, so we find out about all the bad crimes. Other countries hide bad news so their people don't know what's happening.

I can tell thru your description that Americans's aggressive/volience are stronger than Germans. I'm not saying that we don't have like this here in Germany because I know there're crimes in Germany but I mean is aggressive/volience.
That is a really bizarre statement considering Germany's history of violence, cruelty, genocide, and perversion during the last century. The German population showed much hate and violence toward innocent people, and accepted the imprisonment and killing of millions of those innocent people, including sadistic experiments on children. It was "violent/aggressive" Americans that defeated the nasty Nazis and freed the Jews.

Yes, Germans crimes hurt victim but Americans are stronger. Alot of physical and Emotional abuse make them more aggressive and volience with no feeling.
On what do you base that statement?

Cheri said:
Oh! I didn't read the story so I didn't know what really happened. But you're correct, I wouldn't enter the house either if I was the Grandmother. She put her life at risk and she lucky she didn't get hurt. Very Lucky. ;)

But, on the bright side some people are very overprotective of their home and would want to know who is in their home, They would go any length to walk in and search around. But, it's not safe to do so. I agree. ;)

Yes, it's an exactly.

bigdaddyb said:
This is really sad to me. One criminal acts. Thousands of innocent, law-abiding citizens lose their rights. That's punishing the innocent. Gun laws are only followed by the law-abiding. Criminals could care less about any laws. This is why I support tough, manditory sentences for gun crime. It punishes those who commit the crime.

Erfurt, Germany, April 26, 2002: An expelled student, dressed in all black, stalked through the hallways shooting teachers and at least 2 students before taking his own life.
http://www.keystosaferschools.com/Erfurt042602.htm

Well, it doesn't mean that gun law have to ban because of this but stricter restricted. As far as I know that there're strict restricted is gun club/hunter club only.
Yes, Germans are panic when there're big scandal like that and then make stricter.

and I already made my post explain Reba in other thread today.
http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=408618&postcount=8

Another example:
Germany Considers Expanding DNA Testing.http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=14076

I don't think your ideas and questions are nonsense. I think they are misinformed. You're obviously an intelligent, thinking person. I just don't think you see the whole picture on this issue.

:thumb: Thank you for answer all of my questions, then I will know that it's safe when we want to visit Texas one day. :thumb:

Really? I will tell my friend about this. He & his few mates had bad experience for paid his surprise visit to his cousin in Texas. They were almost shoot twice until his cousin spot him and know who he is and stop her husband to shot again.

Nope. Armed robbery will get you shot. Shoplifting is a non-violent crime and is met with a non-violent response.

I only know what my friend told me what he saw... :dunno: It make him wondering either it's because of shoplift or what? You just explains... okay!

P.S. I'll gladly answer any further questions also.

Okay... I read everything and try to understand where you come from. I will be back for any questions... :thumb:

Thank again for response my posts... I appreciate it and learn more about your country.

Reba said:
Not really. I do not like to read stories about people hurting children. Every time I hear about a child being abused, in my mind I see my grandsons' faces. It makes me sick. But we can't hide our heads in the sand and pretend that bad things don't happen. If we ignore the bad news, we give power to the bad guys.

All these awful stories are the news every day and night.

I can understand what you mean... :( It hurts when I see innoncent children when I look at my children... :(

Reba said:
People who "cut unborn babies from mother's wombs" are not normal. That is NOT something that is common in America. That is exactly the reason it is splashed in the news, because it is shocking. Americans don't approve of that behavior. Crazy stuff like that happens all over the world. The difference is, other countries keep it secret. The United States has very open news, so we find out about all the bad crimes. Other countries hide bad news so their people don't know what's happening.

Yes, it's same with here in Germany who spread out around the Germany, no matter what.

That is a really bizarre statement considering Germany's history of violence, cruelty, genocide, and perversion during the last century. The German population showed much hate and violence toward innocent people, and accepted the imprisonment and killing of millions of those innocent people, including sadistic experiments on children. It was "violent/aggressive" Americans that defeated the nasty Nazis and freed the Jews.

Should I talk about African-American slavery here to compare with Nazi time because Nazi time is over 70 years old as African-American slavery in many years since 1600? No, we are here to talk about our present time.

Okay... I read everything and try to understand where you come from. I will be back for any questions... :thumb:

Thank again for response my posts... I appreciate it and learn more about your country.

It's been my pleasure.

I'm not saying that your friends didn't have a bad experience. I'm just saying that your friend's cousin's husband's (confused yet??) behavior was not the norm here. That kind of behavior is considered irresponsible and stupid by 99.9999% of all Texans.

It's like anything else. Idiots will be idiots, regardless of what they possess. Whether it be guns, knives, cars, power tools, recreational vehicles, the list goes on..... stupid people will do stupid things with what they have. This is one fact that we can't change.

brianb

Liberals need to learn to read.....

I happened across this post through Yahoo, and after reading SOME of the posts, have decided that half of the human race needs to be put to sleep, for the following reasons:
1) She LEGALLY owned the gun, which in Texas means she had to take and pass a gun course, and Grannie even stated, "That's exactly the reason you need to LEARN TO HANDLE (a firearm)...", so she'S not some stupid, alzheim-sick old woman, put a smart, responsible elderly woman.
2) The police weren't scouring the area because of the Grandma, but because he was being chased by police, left his car, and continued on foot. The police had no idea that he was at "Grannies House", so you can say in this instance (And I must say this "this instance") the police were useless, and were not even CLOSE to grannies house, (from report: Police began canvassing the neighborhood NEAR the 1700 block of Northhaven Court on foot as well as by air), otherwise they would have found the muddy footprints leading into her house that the granny herself saw. I have great respect for the men and women of the police forces, but in this instance you can say that they weren't there.
3) He hid in her closet, true, but when discovered, he didn't give himself up to grannie, but lunged at her (also in report), forcing her to fire, so she fired in self-defense, and not out to play Rambo. The shooting him in the leg bit is probably because he was crouching in the cloet, as the report states he was hiding and covered by a cost. (Can't imagine him standing and covering himself with a coat, too "Scary Movie" like!) She was lucky she got him in the leg. But from that standpoint, it doesn't matter where she hit hiim, he was where he doesn't belong. The second shot, which missed, was probably fired as he pushed or ran by her to escape. Report doesn't state if there was any kind of a struggle after the first shot.
4) For all you how say you couldn't pull the trigger, etc. etc., please go seek a shrink. Although she is 66, and the GrandDaughter 28, she obviously comes from a decent family and did not lose her motherly instincts with age. All you "no-shooters" need to go to the meetings for people that have lived these situations, and learn their guilt for HAVING to pull the trigger, as if there could have been another option. All she did was protect herself from someone who was unwanted in her house. Look at it this way, every person lives in a bubble. It's YOUR bubble, and covers you about 1 meter, or 3 feet, around you. For most people, when someone else, a stranger, enters their bubble, they feel uncomfortable, nervous. Now, for you family members and personal belongings, there are also bubbles, and if you're near them the bubbles combine. I know if someone stands in my bubble, I.E. in my face, I don't like it. So he was in her bubble, her GrandDaughters bubble, AND her houses' bubble. He definetly was in the wrong. Maybe she should have first asked him what his intentions were? a 66yr old against a 22 yr old, his adreneline overpumped for being chased by police and hiding in someone else's house, the odds are in his favor that the police would later be responding to a hostage-taking scenario.
5) If she legally owned the gun, as it states in the report, then she doesn't have a criminal record of her own of any violent or felony related criminal acts, which would point to her as "instigating" the shooting incident.
6) Briefly after 11pm the police tried to stop him, and the grannie called the police at around 12:30am. So, let's give him a half hour for the short drive down the dead-end street and a brief run to "safety". That means he was in her house for around an hour. Now, close you eyes and imagine a criminal in YOUR closet, and he's been there almost an hour. Gives you a chill, right? Now imagine you don't know his intent, why he's there, and when he's leaving.
Speaking of time, it was first 3am that the police found him A FEW HOUSES AWAY under a patio deck. (where was that helicopter that was "supposedly" in the area "canvassing the area" for him). He was outside, with ALL those police officers and helicopters, for almost 2 and a half hours! And no one found him, only a few houses away from the crime scene! The police really botched the job on this one.
7) The only thing I don't understand about the report is the charges? She he also be charged for some form of assault for "lunging at the Grannie"?

Taking away legally owned guns from law-abiding citizens is NOT going to make the world better. I believe jail times should be high, probation should disappear (statistics show alot about repeat offenders that were out on probation), and the possession of a weapon by a criminal should carry an automatic 10 year sentence, no parole. The "3 strikes you're out" system I'm all for. The first time is stupity, the 2nd time not believing you're stupid, and the third time is you're too stupid to be let out on the general public.
And for all of you who STILL believe grannie was wrong, "I couldn't pull the trigger", she should be charged, etc. etc., would you still feel the same if you found out that the police were chasing him because he was a repeating Childmolester or serial killer? You have NO idea how dangerous this guy is, and neither did grannie. Her options were SEVERLY limited, and her choice just might have saved some lives, or spared many children their lives or years of psych treatment. They should make her sheriff, as she was in a tight situation, had only microseconds to make a decision, and in the end made the right one. She can babysit my 3 kids ANYTIME, and I'd even pay more than I would the usual babysitter. :ugh2:

Gun was legal in Germany until after WWII.

Well, Warsaw wasn't in Germany before and after WWll, either.
---------------------------
By the way I agree with reba and bigdaddyb (along with few others) about this gun-intruder debate.

I don't own one yet, but I should. It gives you a better advantage and leverage against the crooks or intruders or yet worse killers.

Just look at the British gun laws that didn't slow down but intsead skyrocketed with crimes ... excellent sample as just what bigdaddyb said.

Just use your common sense when owning a gun is all.

Back