Grandmother Shoots Intruder took the law into her own hands

Oh yes, this thread... Sorry for not response your posts an earlier...

I will answer your posts...

My friends and I talked about gun law at deaf meeting last saturday. They mention something about "Gas Gun". They said that Gas Gun is better than real gun.

They said that you can shot them up to 10 meters. :dunno:

We all know that America law allow to have gun... it´s scare because it could be accident... because alot of teenagers were killed by gun accident in America. Alot of people come to you for revenage when you shot them. The people can shot employer for the reason because they are angry that they are being fired... something like that...

It´s scared to walk anywhere with knowing that gun law in America is legal. You never know that criminals can shot me then run away... :shock: :Ohno: How I know the people are criminal or non-criminal that they carried their weapon to everywhere...

I read the newspaper about taxidriver in America... He was shot because he charge intruder for taxi service. Simple like that?

I rather to see gun is for police only, not people...

Liebling:-))) said:
Oh yes, this thread... Sorry for not response your posts an earlier...

I will answer your posts...

My friends and I talked about gun law at deaf meeting last saturday. They mention something about "Gas Gun". They said that Gas Gun is better than real gun.

They said that you can shot them up to 10 meters. :dunno:

We all know that America law allow to have gun... it´s scare because it could be accident... because alot of teenagers were killed by gun accident in America.

It´s scared to walk anywhere with knowing that gun law in America is legal. You never know that criminals can shot me then run away... :shock: :Ohno: How I know the people are criminal or non-criminal that they carried their weapon to everywhere...

I rather to see gun is for police only, not people...

I'm not familiar with 'gas guns'. How can you and your friends have an opinion on something that you have no experience with?

In truth, very few teenagers are killed in America every year by accidental shootings. The vast majority of teens killed are from gang violence. Gun laws don't take guns from criminals. Only from the law abiding.

One-hundred times more children drown in swimming pools in America every year than are killed by guns in the home.

Take a look at Great Britain. They outlawed civilian gun ownership and gun crime exploded. Violent crime in GB is up 40% since the ban. The cities in the U.S. that have the highest violent crime and gun crime rates also have the most restrictive gun laws. Coincidence?

Gun laws in the U.S. are racist. They began as a method to keep blacks and immigrants disarmed and 'controllable'. It continues today. Gun control laws in large urban areas deprive law-abiding, inner-city residents (high minority and immigrant %) from their God-given, Constitutionally-protected right to defend themselves from criminals.

You are actually at MUCH LESS risk walking down the street in Texas because of armed civilians. Violent crime has decreased by double-digit percentages in EVERY state that has legalized civilian concealed carry. No exceptions. These are U.S. Federal Government statistics, not statistics from any political party or lobby group.

Disarming civilians is a really bad idea. Mass, government sponsored killings follow right after that. Just look at history. Every time a civilian populus is disarmed, tyranny follows very closely.

Mahatma Ghandi said that of all the atrocities that were carried out against the Indian people by the British, depriving them of arms would go down in history as the blackest.

Even Ghandi, the great champion for freedom and peace, understood that only an armed people can live free.

brianb

:lol: You ask "cruel" question :lol:

Reba said:
This includes the Granny. She knew that anyone hiding in a closet, especially a man, could be hiding because he wants to rape or kill someone. That is very common.

Okay.

Let me tell you what I know thru Police information on TV. Most criminals break in between 2am and 3am while the people sleeps - rape, kill or threat them but not hide a closet and waiting until they are sleep then do something because intruder would feel being tired for waiting hours until they are sleep then...

We only lock house door twice, that intruder can´t break in.

I'll ask again: How do you know he doesn't have a weapon? ... What do you consider a weapon? Just guns?

knifes, gas sprays... rare gun.

You call the police every time something makes a noise?

Yes

If you are in your bedroom, and your kids are in their rooms, and the noise was in the hallway, how do you do that without going out to the hallway to check on the noise? What if you hear someone attacking your kids? Do you just wait for the police?

Call the police straight way then lock children bedroom and mine. We would use metal stick (for fire place) to hit them if I see they go in my children´s room... (I don´t know) :dunno:

Sorry, I guess you didn't understand my question.
Your whole family could be killed BEFORE you have time to escape the house and call the police.

Call police first.
Police said that crimes don´t like panic people because it make them stress that why they hurt them. Calm down when you are scared/shock but still try to calm down and let what crime do what they want. SUCK

You would be dead. It only takes one second to shoot you.
Yes, it could be right but I´m lucky that gun law is illegal in Germany. Gas gun is okay (I was told by my friends last Saturday). You has to ask permission and the reason in writing why you need gun for. It is for companies...

Maybe one minute to stab you or knock you out. Two minutes is too long.

Yeah... I dont know why we debate about guns... it creep me. :lol:

A criminal can shoot and kill you BEFORE you go outside. That is NOT safety.

Like what I say before, we would not go in... when we notice something different or unlock door... We would NOT go INSIDE and SEARCH or NOT go INSIDE but stay outside... too risk...

I believe that deaf people CAN defend themselves. That is not my point. I meant that you can't always hear someone hiding or sneaking up on you.

Yés that´s right. I can´t hear someone hide or sneaking... that´s why I have pets who help me...

I am curious; since you don't believe in guns, if someone attacks you in your home, and you are alone, how do you defend yourself? That is, what method do you use?

kind of metal sticks (use for fire place).

That is great IF you are entering your home. But suppose you are already home, sitting at your computer, and someone breaks into your house. What do you do?

Well, I don´t open the door at night when I´m alone. I teach my children to not answer the door when the bell ring at late night. They are impossible to break in when all the doors are closed and heavy plastic rollo. We have movement lamp at back of yard if the intruder are in our property. I can see the light if someone comes to my property. I often go to check at window when the light comes but all what I see is CATS... :roll:

That is what many victims say.

Beleive or not, but its true. We often open our bedroom windows for fresh air all the night while we are sleeping. The countryside where we live dont have crimes, burgarly etc. :dunno: But we have a murder at ONCE is at 1989 is a husband killed his wife in town. Few burgarly... :dunno: I guess the crimes are interesting only is big cities, not countryside or town... :dunno: That´s why we pick countryside for family safe... ***knock on the wood*** Perhaps they will come to country and town one day... never know... I should think about future... but present...

Unfortunately, real criminals are not respectful.

It mean that the young man I spoke last year is not crime or he could pretend to show his respect before I let him in my house.............????

Our debate here over criminal issues creep me and from now I will shut my bedroom windows before we sleep... :lol:

Anyway, crimes here in Germany are very low.

Because we want to understand your views and help you understand ours. Debating topics with only marginal emotional content is boring.

You've been polite and pleasant to debate Liebling.

It's been fun.

brianb

One thing I don't like guns and I refuse to own a gun. But, I applause the grandmother who shot the Intruder. If someone breaks in my home I am not going to waste my time calling the police, I will confront the intruder with my baseball bat. That's my weapon. It's about using common sense, If you going to sit there and phone a police without knowing what the intruder will do to you, You'll end up dead. In order to protect your family It's better to take the matters in your own hand for the safely of your family. ;) That's all I gotta say on this subject.

bigdaddyb said:
...Disarming civilians is a really bad idea. Mass, government sponsored killings follow right after that. Just look at history. Every time a civilian populus is disarmed, tyranny follows very closely...
Yes, I remember how the Nazis disarmed the Jews before starting their full-scale genocide. Just think what the Jews could have done for themselves in the Warsaw ghetto if they had all their guns!

Cheri said:
One thing I don't like guns and I refuse to own a gun. But, I applause the grandmother who shot the Intruder. If someone breaks in my home I am not going to waste my time calling the police, I will confront the intruder with my baseball bat. That's my weapon. It's about using common sense, If you going to sit there and phone a police without knowing what the intruder will do to you, You'll end up dead. In order to protect your family It's better to take the matters in your own hand for the safely of your family. ;) That's all I gotta say on this subject.

Question:

You start to notice stranger´s foot mud when you came home from outing (like what Granny did) to open your house door. Would you STILL go IN and SEARCH to find where intruder is AFTER saw foot mud? (you know intruder in the house after saw foot mud) Me, not way... too scared. I would not risk my life to search in my house AFTER saw intruder foot mud.

I would be panic and run away fast as I can to neighbor and call the police straight way after saw foot mud when I was about open the house door.

Lol, Reba. I remember occasionally plinking bees off barbed wire fencing with my trusty lil Daisy!!

Reba said:
Yes, I remember how the Nazis disarmed the Jews before starting their full-scale genocide. Just think what the Jews could have done for themselves in the Warsaw ghetto if they had all their guns!

Gun was legal in Germany until after WWII.

bigdaddyb said:
Because we want to understand your views and help you understand ours. Debating topics with only marginal emotional content is boring.

You've been polite and pleasant to debate Liebling.

It's been fun.

brianb

True :lol:

I am going to make the list to question you... You will get it tomorrow or other day...

Thank you for enjoy to debate with me. :thumb: Yes, I enjoy myself to debate with you all with agree and disagree... without insult and bashing.

...Most criminals break in between 2am and 3am while the people sleeps - rape, kill or threat them but not hide a closet and waiting until they are sleep then do something because intruder would feel being tired for waiting hours until they are sleep then...
"Most" not "all". That means there are some criminals attacking at times other than 2-3 a.m. Sorry, but rapists can and do sneak in and patiently wait; the thrill of the chase keeps them awake and stimulated. A burglar might get tired, but a rapist/killer does not.

knifes, gas sprays... rare gun.
So again I ask, how would know that a criminal does NOT have a weapon? How would you know that he will not try to kill you?

Call the police straight way then lock children bedroom and mine.
How can you lock the bedroom doors for your children if the criminal is already in the room?

We would use metal stick (for fire place) to hit them if I see they go in my children´s room... (I don´t know) :dunno:
Where do you keep this stick? In your bedroom? Suppose the criminal has a gun or spray--he can shoot or spray you from a further distance than your stick can reach.

Call police first.
Police said that crimes don´t like panic people because it make them stress that why they hurt them. Calm down when you are scared/shock but still try to calm down and let what crime do what they want. SUCK
You mean let the criminal rape, kidnap, or kill you or your children?

Sorry Liebling, I am not trying to creep you out or upset you. I am just trying to stimulate your thoughts, and to see a different viewpoint.

Well, I don´t open the door at night when I´m alone.

That's good. What about day time?

... I should think about future... but present...
Funny, you remind me of Scarlet O'Hara (Gone With the Wind). Every time someone brought up an unpleasant topic, she would say, "I don't want to think about that now; I'll think about it tomorrow."

It mean that the young man I spoke last year is not crime or he could pretend to show his respect before I let him in my house.............????
Criminals can seem respectful when they try to hide their real intentions. Their true violence shows up when they commit the crime. Then it is too late for the victims.

Question:

You start to notice stranger´s foot mud when you came home from outing (like what Granny did) to open your house door. Would you STILL go IN and SEARCH to find where intruder is AFTER saw foot mud? (you know intruder in the house after saw foot mud)

If I came home and recovered shoe prints of mud on my floor? I wouldn't enter my home, I would turn another way and go to my neighbor and call the police, and wait for the police arrive to check my home and collect evidences.
But, If I am in the house, that's a different story I wouldn't call the police right away because I have one phone line and that would be in the kitchen area and the intruder could be anywhere in the house, I would search for him in my own home, and make my kids leave the house to go to the neighbor to phone the police.

Tousi said:
Lol, Reba. I remember occasionally plinking bees off barbed wire fencing with my trusty lil Daisy!!
Ooooooo...True Dead Eye! :lol:

Gun was legal in Germany until after WWII.
Excuse me?

The Nazi Weapons Law of 1938 replaced a Law on Firearms and Ammunition of April 13, 1928. The 1928 law was enacted by a center-right, freely elected German government that wanted to curb "gang activity," violent street fights between Nazi party and Communist party thugs. All firearm owners and their firearms had to be registered... "Gun control" did not save democracy in Germany. It helped to make sure that the toughest criminals, the Nazis, prevailed.

The Nazis inherited lists of firearm owners and their firearms when they 'lawfully' took over in March 1933. The Nazis used these inherited registration lists to seize privately held firearms from persons who were not "reliable." Knowing exactly who owned which firearms, the Nazis had only to revoke the annual ownership permits or decline to renew them.

In 1938, five years after taking power, the Nazis enhanced the 1928 law. The Nazi Weapons Law introduced handgun control. Firearms ownership was restricted to Nazi party members and other "reliable" people.

The 1938 Nazi law barred Jews from businesses involving firearms. On November 10. 1938 -- one day after the Nazi party terror squads (the SS) savaged thousands of Jews, synagogues and Jewish businesses throughout Germany -- new regulations under the Weapons Law specifically barred Jews from owning any weapons, even clubs or knives.

Those laws were enacted before WWII, not after.

Cheri said:
If I came home and recovered shoe prints of mud on my floor? I wouldn't enter my home, I would turn another way and go to my neighbor and call the police, and wait for the police arrive to check my home and collect evidences.

That´s an exactly what I´m talking about... That´s reason we debate here over Granny because I don´t understand her that she CAN enter in her house after saw foot mud then searched to find a man in a closet and then shot him... :eek: It´s an exactly what I´m doing the SAME as you... I would not risk my life to search until I find him after saw foot mud.

But, If I am in the house, that's a different story I wouldn't call the police right away because I have one phone line and that would be in the kitchen area and the intruder could be anywhere in the house, I would search for him in my own home, and make my kids leave the house to go to the neighbor to phone the police.

Yes, if I´m in the house - different story... it´s not what Granny did... but she saw foot mud but still go in her house and searched until she found him and shot then call the police... WRONG.

I carried cell phone with me. I prepared police phone number & my address and "help, burgary is here" on the top of list in cell phone and also emergerny, too. If it happened, then press only one button of cell phone, not dial the number STRAIGHT WAY and then check ..... then lock our room because our bedrooms are upstair... We can´t hear and can´t go downstair to search them..that´s why we lock our room... If we are at living room then run to terrace door straight way to get out of our house and press one button to call police.

Reba said:
Excuse me?

Those laws were enacted before WWII, not after.

Yes after WWII... people use to own guns in the house. It was happened to my hubby´s Great Grandad. My hubby was a little boy and watch Great Grandad shot the birds. He let my hubby touch the gun. The law says the guns must remove in household... Great Grandad sold his guns. My hubby remember the gun law turn into illegal when he was a little boy.

Reba said:
"Most" not "all". That means there are some criminals attacking at times other than 2-3 a.m. Sorry, but rapists can and do sneak in and patiently wait; the thrill of the chase keeps them awake and stimulated. A burglar might get tired, but a rapist/killer does not.

That what I learn from police... :dunno:

So again I ask, how would know that a criminal does NOT have a weapon? How would you know that he will not try to kill you?

He would threat me with weapon STRAIGHT WAY. What I see Granny... She found him but a man did not threat her with weapon. Like what I say before that Granny should not go in her house after saw foot mud and searched to find him... It´s her own risk.

How can you lock the bedroom doors for your children if the criminal is already in the room?

My hubby fought with him and let me run downstair to get knife or stick...

Where do you keep this stick? In your bedroom? Suppose the criminal has a gun or spray--he can shoot or spray you from a further distance than your stick can reach.

Well, if I have crimes around where I live... I would make sure my house is safety... and get knife or sprays.

If he come suddenly for a first time. I would of throw him my bedside table or porellians...

You mean let the criminal rape, ?
Yes, I have to let him what he wants because I know police will come few minutes... If I am panic and refuse to let them or say then he will kill us. No choice.

Kidnap? We are not rich... Why should they interest to kidnap my children because we are not millionaire?

Sorry Liebling, I am not trying to creep you out or upset you. I am just trying to stimulate your thoughts, and to see a different viewpoint.

Oh no, you dont have to say sorry to me... No, you do not upset me... I was like wow because it´s very dangerous and unsafety things, you question me. I dont have an experience like this in my life.

That's good. What about day time?

Like what I say in previous post... that I wont let them go in my property. I have automaic gate then he cant go in... I go to him in the public for anyone to see... I check with them... either they are salemen.... JW, .... then thank them and good bye. If I know them then I press on the button to let them go in my property.

Funny, you remind me of Scarlet O'Hara (Gone With the Wind). Every time someone brought up an unpleasant topic, she would say, "I don't want to think about that now; I'll think about it tomorrow."

:lol:

Criminals can seem respectful when they try to hide their real intentions. Their true violence shows up when they commit the crime. Then it is too late for the victims.

That´s why I dont let them go in my property. Check them at kitchen window and know who they are then press the button to let gate to open for them go in. If I didnt know them... I dont let them go in... I walked to gate and check with him... I make sure everyone are around in the public. It´s impossible for criminals doing in the day.

Kidnap? We are not rich... Why should they interest to kidnap my children because we are not millionaire?
Haven't you seen all the news stories about men who kidnap children so they can abuse them sexually? It has nothing to do with money. They kidnap children so they can rape them.

Back