Grandma Malfoyish!

Malfoyish said:
Haha, sure thing. I might even keep one because I cannooootttt resist the eyes of a kitten. It's my weakness, I'll admit. ;)

Haha I know what you mean Malfoyishie, I have my own weakness too when it comes to kittens....

I'm crazy about cats, And everytime we go to the pet store and see one I had to beg Roadrunner if we can buy another one, he said " Somedays honey "....:( Darn it!...

^Angel^ said:
Haha I know what you mean Malfoyishie, I have my own weakness too when it comes to kittens....

I'm crazy about cats, And everytime we go to the pet store and see one I had to beg Roadrunner if we can buy another one, he said " Somedays honey "....:( Darn it!...

They do require a lot of attention! But yes, they're cutest when they're kittens :)

Ohhhh...soooooooo sweeeeettt!! they are soo prettty!! haha im so
mushy when it comes to kittens...yours are soo cute! I dont blame you
if you plan on keeping them all, but if i understand right, you are giving
two of them away, and keeping one, right? ...Mama cat sure is pretty
too! I used to have one who looks like her too..her name was Mandy...
i miss her..anyway, congratulations!

^Angel^ said:
Aw poor cat :( ...

How old were the kittens before you gave them away?....6 weeks old?..

Yep :)

Some breeders prefer to wait till 8 weeks old to give away their kitten/puppies.

No, it's not just breeders but also owners, too.

it's normal to wait until kitten/puppies are 8 weeks old then.......

I know because of my Miska, dog. She had puppies dozen of times. My mother said we have to wait until puppies are 8 weeks old then give them away because it's time for Miska to keep her babies away from breastmilk and let them learn their own feet. It's less "heartbreak" to see her puppies away because she already push them away from breastmilk and see them go their own way. I already questioned cat lovers. They said 8 to 9 weeks time because they want to save their cat's pain and heartbreaking when they give kitten away an earlier than 8 weeks. They think it's cruel to give kitten away earlier than 8 weeks.

Situation!

Mama cat has been trying to move her kittens from one room to another. She has picked up all three of them at least once thus far, and has attempted to move them from their oversized box into the bedrooms. I don't know what this means, other than perhaps the mama cat is feeling stressed somehow?

For now though, I'm leaving all bedroom doors closed - do not want her to hide them to the point where I can't find them!

Any ideas?

Malfoyish said:
Situation!

Mama cat has been trying to move her kittens from one room to another. She has picked up all three of them at least once thus far, and has attempted to move them from their oversized box into the bedrooms. I don't know what this means, other than perhaps the mama cat is feeling stressed somehow?

For now though, I'm leaving all bedroom doors closed - do not want her to hide them to the point where I can't find them!

Any ideas?

Let Moxie move them, BUT, know where she moves them to. When she has a spot, move her box. Cats do this. It's normal.

Just keep track of the little nomads. All will be fine, I promise! :)

Malfoyish said:
Situation!

Any ideas?

It would be a good idea to keep the mother cat with the babies in a room where the door is closed, so that way no one stepped on the kittens in case they don't see them laying on the floor....I think you're doing fine by keeping those kittens safe....I would do the same thing since I have kids like you do....

Another thing it may be cause there too many noises around her or she feels she wants to be left alone without anyone bothering her all the time, like kids intend to makes noises once in a while and sometimes quiet times makes it much easier for the pets....

I noticed my cats usually hide under the bed when I have more then 5 kids here :lol:

Malfoyish said:
Situation!

Any ideas?

I remember my cats did the same thing.. I think its because she's trying to keep people and other animals away, doesn't want them or herself to be bothered and wants to be left alone privately. I made a box with a hole on it and put inside a blanket so that way they'd have privacy in a quiet room away from everything and they never moved the kittens when I did that..

^Angel^ said:
I noticed my cats usually hide under the bed when I have more then 5 kids here :lol:

My kittycat always did it even when it was just a boisterous kid. Poor little kittycat couldn't bear the noise, imagine 5 boisterous children at a time and they all seem to run for my bedroom playing a game "Let's grab the kittycat!" :lol:

As promised, an update...the kittens are now a little over three weeks old, and they are teething...

Number one has been named "Mo." He's had a rough start but he'll make it. For a while, we weren't sure. He's had some problems with a nasty upper respiratory infection, and for now, seems to be holding his own. I've been dosing him with his mother's antibiotic. :) Shall I become a vet?

Number two, my son is insisting upon naming "Princess." I'm not too thrilled with the girly name. LOL. She's adorable, looks a bit like a rodent so we've began calling her "Mouse." She's by far the one with the most personality.

Number three, the calico, is "Lyn." She likes her sleep and delights in curling up all day long, only coming up to eat.

Here's a photo update, Mommy and her brood. ;) Enjoy.

Attachments

• kittensnmom.jpg
    kittensnmom.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 33
:hug: Oh Malfoyish, the kittens are absolutely beautiful!!!! You have done such a wonderful job taking care of them, especially your sick little one. Do you plan on keeping all the kittens? Mommie is beautiful!!! The faces on those kittens are priceless!!! Keep up the good work, Malfoyish!!! God bless your beautiful new family!!!! :angel:

Aww, I definitely want the one with the red eyes. (Even though it's a camera reflection!) :giggle: I can so see the mischevious streak in the kittycat.

Cookie Monster said:
Aww, I definitely want the one with the red eyes. (Even though it's a camera reflection!) :giggle: I can so see the mischevious streak in the kittycat.

Heh, heh. That's the calico. She mainly keeps to herself.

CODAchild said:
:hug: Oh Malfoyish, the kittens are absolutely beautiful!!!! You have done such a wonderful job taking care of them, especially your sick little one. Do you plan on keeping all the kittens? Mommie is beautiful!!! The faces on those kittens are priceless!!! Keep up the good work, Malfoyish!!! God bless your beautiful new family!!!! :angel:

Thanks, CODA! :)

I plan to keep the one on the far right hand side..."Mouse" is a great kitty. She's feisty and much like her mama cat. :) I shall keep posting photos. More tomorrow!

Malfoyish said:
Thanks, CODA! :)

I plan to keep the one on the far right hand side..."Mouse" is a great kitty. She's feisty and much like her mama cat. :) I shall keep posting photos. More tomorrow!
:angel: I don't blame you for keeping "Mouse" she has the face of an angel!! I bet it will be hard parting with the other kittens, they are just soooooo cute!!! Yes, please keeping posting more pictures. Thanks!!!!

awwwww cuttteeeeeeeeeeeeeee kitties........... I wish to keep all of them.... awwwwww

You are a wonderful Grandma. :thumb:

Malfoyish said:
Heh, heh. That's the calico. She mainly keeps to herself.

Ooo, I had a calico before and wouldn't you know it, she couldn't keep her dirty paws out of anything! Damn bugger was always attacking the angel on top of the Christmas tree and yes, she managed to climb on top of the tree. I loved the calico cat but had to give her back to her family because she was showing aggressive behaviour ie. climbing the sheer drapes and staying on the rod even when I pushed the string in hopes for her to come down. She had a look on her face as if to bait me to climb up there to fetch her! :P

Reminds me of my cats Conan and Oreo when they were that small. They were 5 weeks old when we found them. My parents had a lovely calico cat once named 'Penny'. She was a beautiful cat, very smart and a bitch hehehe

BTW: Princess, Mo and Lyn are so cute! Cute names! :lol:

Back