Good news for same sex partners

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to mention.

This thread is in GLBT Lounge, that's not place to debate or criticize of homosexuality, unless it is in on-topic debate section. There is reason that why I rather to put in GLBT Lounge because I don't want turn my thread into vs. over homosexuality and the debate about homosexuality has served on purpose. If you don't like to discuss or not want to hear so you don't have go in this section, and this section is discuss about everything related to GLBT. You are expected to respect them instead of make negative or critical views on homosexuality. There is some exception, especially TXGolfer said it is bad policy because it will hurt homosexual couples - that's completely understandable and I didn't understand at first beginning about policy change was bad.

If you want make negative views on homosexuality so go to religious section or on-topic debate section, whichever you prefer, but it is strongly discouraged in GLBT Lounge.

If you had read my post, I was discouraging censorship. Also, I have not stated my opinion anywhere in any posts in this thread regarding the article in your OP because it was political, and political topics are not allowed.

And ... religious topics are not allowed. What is going to be next?

Well, we know what clearly won't be: penis size, sex, Obama, gay topics, passing gas, dirty jokes, or anything else that isn't conservative territory....hard to believe at 44, I've finally lived to see the day when people of any faith are disrespected for believing in something greater than themselves.

Laura

Well, we know what clearly won't be: penis size, sex, Obama, gay topics, passing gas, dirty jokes, or anything else that isn't conservative territory....hard to believe at 44, I've finally lived to see the day when people of any faith are disrespected for believing in something greater than themselves.

Laura

It is the new "cool".

Under the GLBT Lounge heading on AD's main page, it says,

"A place where the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered discuss gay marriage, gay pride, gay politics, etc."

I hadn't really paid that much attention to any of AD's subheadings but now that I have, I can see Foxrac's viewpoint more clearly. He feels that the GLBT Lounge area is a safe zone for GLBT people to communicate with each other.

Since I'm a straight woman, I shouldn't even be posting in this forum section, and I henceforth will stay out.

Fair warning: Any GLBT threads that are outside of the GLBT section will be fair game for debate by me.

:wave:

Ok. One last try. Let's see if my guess of the topic is right.

From the article;

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told Pelosi in a letter that she had ordered U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to notify its field offices "that the interpretation of the phrase 'family relationships' includes long-term, same-sex partners."

Can you elaborate on where specifically the phrase "family relationships" is used in policies that may be affected?

Note: My opinions are not stated herein.

It include relatives and spouses, related to homosexual couples.

but... one member said it is bad policy because it puts homosexual couples in different class rather than make equal as heterosexual couples.

I have serious question about new policy will resolve the problems that where homosexual's spouse face exportation, look at two articles.
Married Gay Couple Faces Deportation | NBC Bay Area
Lesbian married in the US faces deportation to Pakistan | Gay Star News

If you had read my post, I was discouraging censorship. Also, I have not stated my opinion anywhere in any posts in this thread regarding the article in your OP because it was political, and political topics are not allowed.

You did make political discussion - look at your post.
http://www.alldeaf.com/war-politica...use-vote-barack-obama-conor-friedersdorf.html

That shows you that you are just too stubborn and you are not free away from political discussion, even me too.

You just ask stupid question about religious discussion so you should know because moderators already told you.

It is forum admin who make decision about whichever is allowed or not, not me and don't complain if your posts are censored, even there is no constitutional protection if you join this forum, because it is private and managed by Alex.

You did make political discussion - look at your post.
http://www.alldeaf.com/war-politica...use-vote-barack-obama-conor-friedersdorf.html

That shows you that you are just too stubborn and you are not free away from political discussion, even me too.

You just ask stupid question about religious discussion so you should know because moderators already told you.

It is forum admin who make decision about whichever is allowed or not, not me and don't complain if your posts are censored, even there is no constitutional protection if you join this forum, because it is private and managed by Alex.

I am talking about this thread, not a different thread.

Laura

If you don't like or not happy with this forum, so you are free to leave whatever you want.

The religion and political discussions aren't allowed because we are not civil so enough to handle the debate and you are just make moderator's job so more harder. You weren't in 2008 and you didn't know about how bad is discussion in religion section.

If you don't like or not happy with this forum, so you are free to leave whatever you want.

The religion and political discussions aren't allowed because we are not civil so enough to handle the debate and you are just make moderator's job so more harder. You weren't in 2008 and you didn't know about how bad is discussion in religion section.

I wasn't here in 2008, could you tell me what happened? Were religious people being attacked for having faith and expressing it ?

I wasn't here in 2008, could you tell me what happened? Were religious people being attacked for having faith and expressing it ?

The religious section closed at TWICE - 2007 for several months but closed indefinitely in 2008.

A lot of religious threads are out of hand, a lot of Christianity vs. other religious, especially Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu and many other religion, even there were bad argument between agnostic/atheist and Christianity. I was bashed so badly by some Christian members that believe their religion is superior to others, so I decided to backfire at them, that caused thread went out of control. The moderators spent a lot of jobs to lock or delete the threads, and it was extremely stressful job. ADers couldn't handle the religious discussion anymore and they aren't allowed until further notice, even indefinitely.

The religious section closed at TWICE - 2007 for several months but closed indefinitely in 2008.

A lot of religious threads are out of hand, a lot of Christianity vs. other religious, especially Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu and many other religion, even there were bad argument between agnostic/atheist and Christianity. I was bashed so badly by some Christian members that believe their religion is superior to others, so I decided to backfire at them, that caused thread went out of control. The moderators spent a lot of jobs to lock or delete the threads, and it was extremely stressful job. ADers couldn't handle the religious discussion anymore and they aren't allowed until further notice, even indefinitely.

:hmm: Interesting. So gays get a section where their conversations protected, but the same protection was not given for people who want to talk about their faith.

:ty: for explaining that to me.

I have noticed the same problem in many forums I frequent. In some forums, the discussion remains civil when the topic concerns religion. However, the recurring modus operandi I have seen --- is usually a religious person will quote scripture, then will be openly mocked and flamed by other members. Then a flame war erupts and everything the original poster said is taken out of context and ridiculed.

Sounds like the same thing happened here from your explanation. It happens quite often - especially when a socio-political movement is being shoved down everyone's throats.

:hmm: Interesting. So gays get a section where their conversations protected, but the same protection was not given for people who want to talk about their faith.

The GLBT Lounge doesn't getting too out of control as religious section and political section, so much less moderator's job and less likely to break the forum rule.

Religious section and politcal section are very, very hot topic and very easily to be out of control, but it doesn't matter if your faith or political are protected or not because members are not civil so enough to deal with situation.

Don't compare GLBT Lounge with religious section, they are totally different because GLBT Lounge is for gay, lesbian and straight members who are interested to discuss about gay stuff, so religious section is about belief and faith. I'm not allowed to discuss about my belief or faith, so you aren't alone.

Also, it wasn't me, but it was Alex who made decision with his forum and the religious section has a lot of problems, even not improved after re-opened so closed indefinitely.

If you want to have a religious discussion so use private messaging or create a group chat, or go to other forum.

Nice to know this forum still supports freedom of speech (for some).

Laura

:ty: for explaining that to me.

I have noticed the same problem in many forums I frequent. In some forums, the discussion remains civil when the topic concerns religion. However, the recurring modus operandi I have seen --- is usually a religious person will quote scripture, then will be openly mocked and flamed by other members. Then a flame war erupts and everything the original poster said is taken out of context and ridiculed.

Sounds like the same thing happened here from your explanation.

When I shared my belief in religious section but I was badly bashed by some members, so I know some members don't show their respect to someone who have different belief.

After religious section closed, I'm not allowed to discuss about my belief or faith, so you aren't alone.

The GLBT Lounge doesn't getting too out of control as religious section and political section, so much less moderator's job and less likely to break the forum rule.

Religious section and politcal section are very, very hot topic and very easily to be out of control, but it doesn't matter if your faith or political are protected or not because members are not civil so enough to deal with situation.

Don't compare GLBT Lounge with religious section, they are totally different because GLBT Lounge is for gay, lesbian and straight members who are interested to discuss about gay stuff, so religious section is about belief and faith. I'm not allowed to discuss about my belief or faith, so you aren't alone.

Also, it wasn't me, but it was Alex who made decision with his forum and the religious section has a lot of problems, even not improved after re-opened so closed indefinitely.

If you want to have a religious discussion so use private messaging or create a group chat, or go to other forum.

Oh, that is right! There WAS a section for religious discussion. So tell me, why would that section get out of control? Were intolerant people harassing posters in the religion section?

Why not compare the religion section with the gay section? The gay section is a place for gay people to discuss "gay stuff" as you say. And the religion section was a place for religious people to discuss "religious stuff". Seems fair to me.

Oh, that is right! There WAS a section for religious discussion. So tell me, why would that section get out of control? Were intolerant people harassing posters in the religion section?

Why not compare the religion section with the gay section? The gay section is a place for gay people to discuss "gay stuff" as you say. And the religion section was a place for religious people to discuss "religious stuff". Seems fair to me.

I already answered in my post and you weren't here in 2008 so the religious section had went out of control AND closed at twice.

Gay people do have religion too, even there are gay religious person.

If you think it is unfair so go complain to Alex, not me and I don't have any power to open the religious section, but only Alex do it and it is his decision. I didn't ask them to close in 2007 and 2008 but only between moderators and Alex made decision, so same goes with politcal section too.

If it doesn't work so learn to cope or leave the forum.

Religious: Choice
Political: Choice
Sex orientation: Not choice

Gay and lesbian are sex orientation and they have separated section to discuss about their interest since straight do have separated one - Marriage, Dating & Single Life - AllDeaf.com

The religious is religious, political is political, so people can convert their religion or political to different views, but for sex orientation, it cannot be converted or choice.

The forum admin has reason to close the religious section and political section, so quit to be whine about can't discuss in specific area.

Under the GLBT Lounge heading on AD's main page, it says,

"A place where the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered discuss gay marriage, gay pride, gay politics, etc."

I hadn't really paid that much attention to any of AD's subheadings but now that I have, I can see Foxrac's viewpoint more clearly. He feels that the GLBT Lounge area is a safe zone for GLBT people to communicate with each other.

Since I'm a straight woman, I shouldn't even be posting in this forum section, and I henceforth will stay out.

Fair warning: Any GLBT threads that are outside of the GLBT section will be fair game for debate by me.

:wave:

I'm not going to create a new thread about GLBT topic, outside of GLBT section anymore and I felt that debate about homosexuality has served on purpose, even we had homosexuality thread in on-topic debate and got locked up.

I got offended when members share their negative view about homosexuality/bisexuality and made our sex orientation looks bad, so I know that I can't change my sex orientation.

There were a lot of new gay and lesbian members in this forum but they decided to left because they don't want deal with anti-gay discussion, especially my gay friend was one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back