"good morning"

Girl!!!! 45 is still young! I am just starting to turn gray, and I haven't seen 45 for several years!

Lucky you. My hair started to turn gray when I was 20. Well, I've had people describe my hair as silverly gray. I look good in gray. :D

Lucky you. My hair started to turn gray when I was 20. Well, I've had people describe my hair as silverly gray. I look good in gray. :D

You are lucky. Mine is just getting a big white streak down the middle and the red is starting to fade. If one more person asks me why I put a streak in my hair, i will scream!:giggle:

:lol:

I am 40, so far no signs of grey yet. I hope it waits a while. I have strawberry blonde hair. My mom was more than 1/2 grey by the time she was 40, so I apparently am not following in her footsteps just yet.

Of course, it could have been the kid that made her go grey. :giggle:

I am 40, so far no signs of grey yet. I hope it waits a while. I have strawberry blonde hair. My mom was more than 1/2 grey by the time she was 40, so I apparently am not following in her footsteps just yet.

I was a strawberry blonde as a kid, then went to a light auburn as I got older. Now I am back to more of a strawberry blonde with the fading.

I was a strawberry blonde as a kid, then went to a light auburn as I got older. Now I am back to more of a strawberry blonde with the fading.

I used to be blond, then my hair went brown, then adburn, then dark brown, then salt n pepper and now I'm mostly gray.

I used to be blond, then my hair went brown, then adburn, then dark brown, then salt n pepper and now I'm mostly gray.

Wow, that's a lot of changes! One of my nephews went from blonde to lt. brown, to very dark brown, and is now a very pretty salt and pepper. He has been salt and pepper since he was in his early 30's. I wish my hair would gray like that...I think it is very attractive.

The other nephew is like me...strawberry blonde to lt. auburn. He doesn't have a touch of gray yet. He will probably be like me, and be in his 50's before gray starts to show, and then he will fade and/or get white streaks.

My son has dark brown hair...I'm hoping he will go salt and pepper like my eldest nephew.

Wow, that's a lot of changes! One of my nephews went from blonde to lt. brown, to very dark brown, and is now a very pretty salt and pepper. He has been salt and pepper since he was in his early 30's. I wish my hair would gray like that...I think it is very attractive.

The other nephew is like me...strawberry blonde to lt. auburn. He doesn't have a touch of gray yet. He will probably be like me, and be in his 50's before gray starts to show, and then he will fade and/or get white streaks.

My son has dark brown hair...I'm hoping he will go salt and pepper like my eldest nephew.

Let's hope you get your wish. :fingersx:

Wirelessly posted

I'm another turning 48 in two days. I don't let my gray show. Not yet anyway. :p

Hmmm, I started turning gray at age 16. I "help" my hair be the glorious auburn it is.

Just before my VNS surgery, I'd let my roots grow a bit. I then had my hair cut REALLY short - Jaime Lee Curtis style - as I was going to have a portion of the back of my head shaved anyway. I almost cried when I saw JUST how white my hair really is! I ran home and dyed my hair back to my normal auburn. Heck, my 81 year old mother has less gray/white hair than me....

Back to the real topic of this post. I rarely use "Good morning" as yeah it does remind me of another "Italian type" phrase. I find it's just much easier using other signs. AND since I'm a newer signer, I'm sure I don't always make the correct facial expression when I'm concentrating....

Wirelessly posted

Good day is a common one in Auslan (I think of it the same as G'day)

But I usually just use Hi!

Speaking as a good Italian here - the Italian sign is an insult when made with the upraised hand making a fist, the bicep is popped, and the other hand is on the upraised bicep. The accompanying facial expression of course adds a bit of fuel to the fire.

To me that's quite different from what is shown as this pleasant, relaxed ASL sign for "good morning." :lol:

I am so jealous of you!! lol Hey, enjoy it while you can! I know a few gals who passes 40 and have single grey or two. very lucky to save $$$!

I have salt and pepper hair and also, the heavy streak in the front. Obviously, That's why I keep color dying my hair all the way . :shock:

I am so jealous of you!! lol Hey, enjoy it while you can! I know a few gals who passes 40 and have single grey or two. very lucky to save $$$!

I have salt and pepper hair and also, the heavy streak in the front. Obviously, That's why I keep color dying my hair all the way . :shock:

I've got that same streak, and mine is white. People ask me all the time if I put it in on purpose.:giggle:

I've got that same streak, and mine is white. People ask me all the time if I put it in on purpose.:giggle:

ha ha they keep asking me if i Have a waardenburg syndrome. I started to have it at age 15.

Frankiemommy sorry, back to that subject about morning. I sometimes dont use both hands, and just one hand to say good morning when i see hearing people in my office. :lol:

Back