"good morning"

frankiesmom

Reaction score
ok..i am not trying to be rude or offensive but..the good morning sign almost looks like a rude gesture!

Don't put so much Italian grammar into it. :D

no need to sign "good morning" like what hearing people do everyday when greeting each other.

there's nothing wrong with "hi" gesture. it's as good as "good morning" greeting.

I use the what's up gesture. I'm trying to be hip.

Most people at my deaf church sign good day instead of good morning. Some even sign happy morning.

Most people at my deaf church sign good day instead of good morning. Some even sign happy morning.

sounds like older folks :)

for young'uns - they sign "wassup?" or "hi". I sign either "hey wassup" or "hey you OK?" (as in - "everything ok? you cool?")

sounds like older folks :)

for young'uns - they sign "wassup?" or "hi". I sign either "hey wassup" or "hey you OK?" (as in - "everything ok? you cool?")

Actually, the deaf church is mostly 20-50 with only about 6-8 over 60.

Jiro probably thinks that those of us in our 40's are ancient. :laugh2:

How you greet people depends on the setting and the relationship.

Jiro probably thinks that those of us in our 40's are ancient. :laugh2:

lol I'm only 10 years away from that ancient age
gerg.gif

Don't put so much Italian grammar into it. :D

yeah, i mean..i about died laughing at that one. as did my older kids.
ok..so there are different ways to sign the same thing then?
are you trying to tell me that the baby signs website isnt teaching me everything i need to know???
:eek3: :eek3:

are you trying to tell me that the baby signs website isnt teaching me everything i need to know???

I would maybe switch over to one of the recommended ASL sites. I know that many of the "baby signs" are inspired by ASL, but they are not all the same. I think you'll start to get more functional language/phrases if you stick with a true ASL site. Unfortunately, I don't have any recommendations as I've only been on a few. I am not in a position to recommend one, but I'm sure some other posters are...

Happy Almost Birthday KristinaB. I hope you have a nice day.

Well, your facial expression and body language have to match your intended message. Also, the context of each sign relative to the others is important. That's probably beyond baby signs. :)

Umm, yes.

:lol:

If you were a non-English speaker, and you wanted to learn English, would you learn it from a site that taught you that the word for "bottle" was "ba-boo" or the word for spaghetti was "sket-ee?" No. You wouldn't want to learn baby talk. So why learn baby signs?

Back