Good Friday Quiz = Do you belive in jesus?

Do you belive in jesus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 87.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters
im sorry, but how can u believe in a bible that's made by a man who can lie?
... if u are opened-mind, google search "david icke, freemasonary" and research it...

e.g., the big flood, the fire that fell from the sky, the falling atlantis, and all of these legends in its same old time of the big claustropic..
well, these stuff happened when a planet, venus that was once a comet, crashed mars which changed earth's orbit, and the mars that spilled asteriods pummeted earth... and thats why these legends were made... and blah blah, there're alot of informations thru researching which proved true.

ive met a spirit who is my spirit guide, ive astral travelled, i controlled my dreams, i felt plants' energy, my sister used to see auras, she was a psyhic that forecasted stuff that happened true, and etc.
and ive never met jesus... jesus is "son of god" which is translated wrong, the translation from hebrew, jew, etc, that the translation got lost after so many translates, its in fact "sun of god", dec 25th is the time when sun begins a new cycle of the season/zodiac. in the old ancient time, primitive people thought aliens were gods because they flied a saucer, because they done amazing things no primitive people ever seen before.. thus calling aliens gods... look at the painting of jesus's last supper, and see 12 men sitting on a table, and a halo above jesus's head that brighted shinely.
what is these symbols?... zodiac. jesus being sun, the 12 men being the 12 houses, scorpio, taurus, libra, capricion, leo, etc...

i could go on and blah blah, but it takes too long, there's really alot of interesting informations if u just bother to try and research without being gullible, dont all of suddenly believe in jesus just because someone told u so.

im just trying to open your eyes is all, i dont have anything against a man who his heart is pure and glory, because that man is truly my role model, but that man is not jesus, he doesnt exist.
this world's an illusion.

Potman09 said:
... if u are opened-mind, google search "david icke, freemasonary" and research it...

ive met a spirit who is my spirit guide, ive astral travelled, i controlled my dreams, i felt plants' energy, my sister used to see auras, she was a psyhic that forecasted stuff that happened true, and etc.
Let me get this straight. You are skeptical about the Bible but you refer to a "man", David Icke, and trust a spirit guide, astral travel, dreams, plant energy, auras and psychic forecasts? Uh huh.

...and ive never met jesus...
I assume you have never met Saddam Hussein either but you don't deny his existence, right?

...jesus is "son of god" which is translated wrong, the translation from hebrew, jew, etc, that the translation got lost after so many translates...
The phrase "son of God" in the New Testament was originally in Greek, not Hebrew. "Son" and "sun" are totally different words. If "son" means "sun" to you, how do you explain verses such as John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life"? A "sun" cannot be "begotten"; only a "son" can be "begotten".

... look at the painting of jesus's last supper, and see 12 men sitting on a table, and a halo above jesus's head that brighted shinely.
what is these symbols?... zodiac. jesus being sun, the 12 men being the 12 houses, scorpio, taurus, libra, capricion, leo, etc...
Most of the classic paintings of Jesus were made during the Middle Ages and later. They were not painted during His lifetime. The 12 men are the 12 apostles who attended the last supper. They have nothing to do with the zodiac. The halo was a common artistic symbol showing diety or a blessed state. Those are the artists' visions, not the Bible.

i could go on and blah blah, but it takes too long, there's really alot of interesting informations if u just bother to try and research without being gullible, dont all of suddenly believe in jesus just because someone told u so.

...this world's an illusion.
Maybe if you can pull your head out of the weed fog your vision could be a little clearer.

Ethereal said:
As wonderful advice as that is...are you saying that you know Jesus was real and that he loves you and died for you because a movie and a book told you to? :confused:
I have never seen the movie, so that doesn't apply to me.

God's Word is written down in the Holy Bible. The grace of Jesus provides us the faith to believe His Word, and His Holy Spirit gives us the understanding and conviction of His Word. I see the results of God's Truth in the world, and experience His Truth in my life.

For those who doubts Jesus’ existence. I recommend this book, “The Case for Christ” by Lee Strobel.

Lee Strobel is a former legal editor for the Chicago Tribute and also a former atheist. One day his wife accepted Jesus and Lee was not very pleased about that. He questioned himself, who exactly is Jesus and does he really exist? He ended up leaving his job as a legal editor to start his own research on Jesus. He did many interviews and searched for evidences. Later he found the answer he was looking for and he became a believer. Eventually his researches became a book, “The Case for Christ.”

This is an advanced book with a lot of legal jumbo mumbo. If you can handle those kinds of books, then I would recommend it! A copy can be found easily at Christian Bookstores or Walmart.

Potman09 said:

e.g., the big flood, the fire that fell from the sky, the falling atlantis, and all of these legends in its same old time of the big claustropic..
well, these stuff happened when a planet, venus that was once a comet, crashed mars which changed earth's orbit, and the mars that spilled asteriods pummeted earth... and thats why these legends were made... and blah blah, there're alot of informations thru researching which proved true.

and ive never met jesus... jesus is "son of god" which is translated wrong, the translation from hebrew, jew, etc, that the translation got lost after so many translates, its in fact "sun of god", dec 25th is the time when sun begins a new cycle of the season/zodiac. in the old ancient time, primitive people thought aliens were gods because they flied a saucer, because they done amazing things no primitive people ever seen before.. thus calling aliens gods... look at the painting of jesus's last supper, and see 12 men sitting on a table, and a halo above jesus's head that brighted shinely.

im just trying to open your eyes is all, i dont have anything against a man who his heart is pure and glory, because that man is truly my role model, but that man is not jesus, he doesnt exist.

We are allow to believe in whatever we want, Keep your faith to yourself and I shall have mine to myself. If I decide to believe in Jesus that makes it my business. If you believe in something else beside Jesus that's your business. ;)

Cheri said:
We are allow to believe in whatever we want, Keep your faith to yourself and I shall have mine to myself. If I decide to believe in Jesus that makes it my business. If you believe in something else beside Jesus that's your business. ;)

Yes, that is true. We are allow to believe in whatever we want because God created us with 100% free will. That means we get to choose our path but we have to be careful with God's wrath.

"For the wrath of God is revealed from Heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness," --Romans 1:18

Yes I do believe in Jesus Christ, He came to me almost 9 years ago when I called His name to saved me from the hell. I used to be agnostic till death almost took me.

Nothing out there can save us not even many other kind of religions can save us. No one can experince the grace of God without Jesus Christ.

ugh, full details now in mode.

Reba said:
Let me get this straight. You are skeptical about the Bible but you refer to a "man", David Icke, and trust a spirit guide, astral travel, dreams, plant energy, auras and psychic forecasts? Uh huh.

...i really dont care if u believe me or not, i dont lie. i say what i've experienced/seen, i cant deny that. ive grown up thru these experiences, i was an atheist, then christian, then buddhist, and so on, changing, being a truth seeker, ive observed alot of regilions, then i came across this man that talked of stuff very similar to my own beliefs based on what i've experienced thru my eyes, i just wish to learn more, to understand more. i dont simply read his book, and say, "duh, wow! cool information!!! i believe it now!!" being so damn gullible.

ReBa said:
I assume you have never met Saddam Hussein either but you don't deny his existence, right?

uh? ok...

ReBa said:
The phrase "son of God" in the New Testament was originally in Greek, not Hebrew. "Son" and "sun" are totally different words. If "son" means "sun" to you, how do you explain verses such as John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life"? A "sun" cannot be "begotten"; only a "son" can be "begotten".

fine, pulling out my old essay, here ya go.

"...in the ancient time, astrologlists said that the sun was "born" on december 25th. the christian christmas is merely a renamed pagan festival, as indeed are all christian festivals. easter is another. about march 25th, the old fixed date for easter, the sun enters the astrological sign of aries the ram or the lamb. at this time the ancients used to sacrifice lambs because they believed this would appease the gods, mostly for the sun god, and ensure better harvests. in other words they believed that the blood of the lamb would mean that their sins would be forgiven. the ancients also symbolised the sun as a baby in december, a youth at easter, a strapping, immensely strong, man in the summer, an ageing man losing his power in the autumn, and an old man by the winter solstice. the modern depiction of old father time is a version of this. they also symbolised the sun as having long golden hair (sun rays) which got shorter as he lost his power in the months of autumn. now look again at the old testament story of samson -sam-sun. he was incredibly strong and had long hair, but he lost his power when his hair was cut. the problems started when he entered the house of delilah - the astrological house of virgo, the virgin, through which the sun passes as autumn approaches. summoning his last burst of power, sam-the-sun, pushes down the two pillars. samson is sam sun - a symbolic story of the sun’s annual cycle. there wasn’t any such person. in hebrew, samson means i understand, the god of the sun. to the orthodox Christian, jesus is the only begotten son of god who died so our sins could be forgiven. but you will find exactly the same claims for a stream of ‘gods’ in the ancient world long before the name of ‘jesus’ was even heard of. his name wasn’t jesus because that’s a greek translation of a hebrew name. the term son of god would seem to originate at least as far back as the aryan gothic kings of cilicia who took the title ‘son of the sun god’, a tradition adopted by the pharaohs of egypt. to many in the new age, jesus is sananda, a high initiate of some spiritual hierarchy who incarnated to infuse the earth with the "christ" energy. or, depending on who you talk to, he was an extraterrestrial on a similar mission. to others he was claiming to be the king of the "jews" by right of his king david bloodline. but did jesus actually exist?..."

and the essay goes on, wanna me continue? it takes like 3 pages...

ReBa said:
Most of the classic paintings of Jesus were made during the Middle Ages and later. They were not painted during His lifetime. The 12 men are the 12 apostles who attended the last supper. They have nothing to do with the zodiac. The halo was a common artistic symbol showing diety or a blessed state. Those are the artists' visions, not the Bible.

yep, they has to do with zodiac. in ancient time, people worshipped sun because of its energy and how it influenced all life...
you're correct with what u said that most paintings of jesus were made during the middle ages and later.
but the artists' vision were based on the bible...

ReBa said:
Maybe if you can pull your head out of the weed fog your vision could be a little clearer.

quit with the weed excuse, speaking such ignorance, you have no idea.

"maybe if you can pull your head out of the bible fog your vision could be a little clearer."

Cheri said:

ya, i agree, but it saddens me to see someone imprisoned in this small world, limiting his/her life, especially him/her being a jehovah's witness member...
oh, well, at least i spoke my words, eh.

Potman09 said:

I have been on other side of world so I do know what u are talking about and I have no interest in them cuz they have no power over us except for God. I know what God is able to do with us and He had show them to me. He showed me, He had died and raised from the death and walk among us still to this day thru Holy Spirit. I have been bapitzed by Holy Spirit and being protect by God. He has a purpose for me being here. Jesus Christ is living in me and I would never left Him since He is only one who has power over my life and others who accept Him.

Men who wrote the bible were the follower of God and not able to write those wise words without God's guide. I have seen God's work among us without us aware of it.

In the bible, the people, who witnessed Jesus Christ was raised from the death, He walked among them for 40 days. I believe them because God showed them to me. Also God showed me many verses in the bible to help me to understand Him more little bit more everyday.

Vam, there u go I answered your question from other thread here. I was too busy for last few days.

Potman09 said:
...i really dont care if u believe me or not, i dont lie. i say what i've experienced/seen, i cant deny that. ive grown up thru these experiences, i was an atheist, then christian, then buddhist, and so on, changing, being a truth seeker, ive observed alot of regilions, then i came across this man that talked of stuff very similar to my own beliefs based on what i've experienced thru my eyes, i just wish to learn more, to understand more. i dont simply read his book, and say, "duh, wow! cool information!!! i believe it now!!" being so damn gullible.
You are the one who criticized Christians for believing the Bible, and yet you base your transient beliefs on the words of men. That seems inconsistent.

"...in the ancient time...
What do you mean "ancient time"? When was that period? The first recorded blood sacrifice of a lamb was by Abel, the son of Adam and Eve. Are you saying that the pagan religion is older than Abel?

...they also symbolised the sun as having long golden hair (sun rays) which got shorter as he lost his power in the months of autumn. now look again at the old testament story of samson -sam-sun. he was incredibly strong and had long hair, but he lost his power when his hair was cut. ..
Samson lost his power immediately, not in stages as in the autumn sun analogy. Also, Samson lost his power not because his strength was actually in his hair but because he disobeyed God and broke his Nazarite vow.

...the problems started when he entered the house of delilah - the astrological house of virgo, the virgin...
Who said that Delilah was a virgin?

... in hebrew, samson means i understand, the god of the sun. ..
No, it doesn't. It means "little sun" or "sun-one". His parents were faithful Hebrews, and would not have named their son for a pagan god. Upon Samson's conception, his parents dedicated their son to God as a Nazarite.

...to the orthodox Christian, jesus is the only begotten son of god who died so our sins could be forgiven. . .
Correct.

...but you will find exactly the same claims for a stream of ‘gods’ in the ancient world long before the name of ‘jesus’ was even heard of.
Not correct. The claims are NOT exactly the same, but perverted (twisted)versions of the truth. Only the pure sinless Son of God, born of a virgin, in the line of David, could be Saviour of the world. The false gods could not fulfill those requirements.

...his name wasn’t jesus because that’s a greek translation of a hebrew name. ..
He was still Jesus. We pronounce His name "Jesus" instead of "Yeshua". We use a different alphabet than the Hebrews or Greek. The Spanish pronounce Jesus like "Hay-soos"; so what? It is still the same Person.

...the term son of god would seem to originate at least as far back as the aryan gothic kings of cilicia ...
What year was that?

... the title ‘son of the sun god’, a tradition adopted by the pharaohs of egypt. . .
Jesus is not called the "son of the sun god," so that is not the same at all.

...yep, they has to do with zodiac. in ancient time, people worshipped sun because of its energy and how it influenced all life...
Pagan people did worship the sun but that has nothing to do with 12 apostles sitting with Jesus at the last supper.

..."maybe if you can pull your head out of the bible fog your vision could be a little clearer."
You are the one that stated, "this world's an illusion", not me. It is perfectly clear to me.

Potman09 said:
fine, pulling out my old essay, here ya go.

"...in the ancient time, astrologlists said that the sun was "born" on december 25th. the christian christmas is merely a renamed pagan festival, as indeed are all christian festivals. easter is another. about march 25th, the old fixed date for easter, the sun enters the astrological sign of aries the ram or the lamb. at this time the ancients used to sacrifice lambs because they believed this would appease the gods, mostly for the sun god, and ensure better harvests. in other words they believed that the blood of the lamb would mean that their sins would be forgiven. the ancients also symbolised the sun as a baby in december, a youth at easter, a strapping, immensely strong, man in the summer, an ageing man losing his power in the autumn, and an old man by the winter solstice. the modern depiction of old father time is a version of this. they also symbolised the sun as having long golden hair (sun rays) which got shorter as he lost his power in the months of autumn. now look again at the old testament story of samson -sam-sun. he was incredibly strong and had long hair, but he lost his power when his hair was cut. the problems started when he entered the house of delilah - the astrological house of virgo, the virgin, through which the sun passes as autumn approaches. summoning his last burst of power, sam-the-sun, pushes down the two pillars. samson is sam sun - a symbolic story of the sun’s annual cycle. there wasn’t any such person. in hebrew, samson means i understand, the god of the sun. to the orthodox Christian, jesus is the only begotten son of god who died so our sins could be forgiven. but you will find exactly the same claims for a stream of ‘gods’ in the ancient world long before the name of ‘jesus’ was even heard of. his name wasn’t jesus because that’s a greek translation of a hebrew name. the term son of god would seem to originate at least as far back as the aryan gothic kings of cilicia who took the title ‘son of the sun god’, a tradition adopted by the pharaohs of egypt. to many in the new age, jesus is sananda, a high initiate of some spiritual hierarchy who incarnated to infuse the earth with the "christ" energy. or, depending on who you talk to, he was an extraterrestrial on a similar mission. to others he was claiming to be the king of the "jews" by right of his king david bloodline. but did jesus actually exist?..."

and the essay goes on, wanna me continue? it takes like 3 pages...

Thank you for sharing your essay but your information is not based on words of God.

Which information is reliable? Information from someone with a nickname, ‘potman09’, with flaming marijuana as an avatar OR words of our loving God?

Tostitos said:
Thank you for sharing your essay but your information is not based on words of God.

Which information is reliable? Information from someone with a nickname, ‘potman09’, with flaming marijuana as an avatar OR words of our loving God?
:werd: :thumb:

Potman09 said:

Thats fine if you dont believe in Jesus, thats your opinion and we dont want to hear your blah blah ok..this thread is a poll about whether we believe in Jesus or not period...you dont have to be nasty about it ok? thanks!

How about becoming an Unitarian? This does not force you what to believe in. It is more like peaceful mind, listening beautiful music, no serious criticism in other religious, and soft discussion. It is good for anyone to talk about what happening to our world, and we are proud to live in our Earth. We rather to be in peace and enjoyable people. Isn't that amazing?

I'll ask the monks of Tibet and get back to you with that.

He is risen! Hallelujah! Jesus Christ is risen today!

Back