Good Friday Quiz = Do you belive in jesus?

Do you belive in jesus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 87.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters
I don't know what to believe. I haven't seen any evidence that shows that he existed.

I'm a very spiritual person, and i believe in Jesus. I also believe in other spiritual beings as well. I don't confine myself to any one religious doctrine.

Tousi said:
I see, DD, what, to you, is the diff tween Jesus and this Higher Power if I may ask?

A Higher Power is something you believe in while you're recovering from drug addiction, overeating, bulima, anexoria, alcoholism...

People that will not believe in a power greater than their ego are threatened. We tell those people that MA doesn't demand anything. Those of us who did not want faith were reminded that there is no dogma in Marijuana Anonymous. It is not necessary to acquire a major God Consciousness to be able to cease using. All we need is to maintain an open mind and a hopeful heart. It is not necessary to say yes. It is, however, important to stop saying no. Observe the reality around you and the recovery taking place within MA. One only has to stop fighting.

"Higher Power" means different things to different people. To some of us, it is a God of an organized religion; to others, it is a state of being commonly called spirituality. Some of us believe in no deity; a Higher Power may be the strength gained from being a part of, and caring for, a community of others. There is room in MA for all beliefs. We do not proselytize any particular view or religion. In MA each of us discovers a spirit of humility and tolerance, and each of us finds a Higher Power that works for us.

And from another source: http://members.aol.com/GlennS1956/hp.html

A different source: http://www.ca.org/literature/higherpower.htm

Hope this helps!

Believe in Jesus as what? A person who lived? A God? A god? A something else?

Also, to those of you who do believe in him, may I humbly ask why?

CyberRed said:
Yup, I believe in God and His Name is Jesus Christ. :)

I thought God is another, Jesus is the son of God. Am I missing something here? :)

I believe in salvation through Jesus Christ!

Cheri said:
I thought God is another, Jesus is the son of God. Am I missing something here? :)

Cheri, Jesus is son of God. Jesus is equal to God.

Tostitos said:
I believe in salvation through Jesus Christ!

Cheri, Jesus is son of God. Jesus is equal to God.

Ah, I got it now. Thank you for explaining that, First I got confused. heh...:hug:

linneaelliott said:
Yes, I believe that Jesus died for us and rose again on the 3rd day for our sins and because he loves us. Notice I said "loves" not "loved"; he's still alive even today.
Yes, I agree. I believe in Jesus, and He is my Savior. :)

Good ???

Yes, I believe in the son of our holy father, Jesus is his name and he gave his life for my sins, And then rose again 3 days later. Have a great day!!

MizzDeaf said:
I do believe in Jesus *sigh* those people

What is your problem MizzDeaf? *sigh* those people? That is incredibly close-minded and judgmental thing to say.

ravensteve1961 said:
Watch the movie (passon of the christ)
^Angel^ said:
And read the Bible too! ;)

As wonderful advice as that is...are you saying that you know Jesus was real and that he loves you and died for you because a movie and a book told you to? :confused:

kuifje75 said:
What is your problem MizzDeaf? *sigh* those people? That is incredibly close-minded and judgmental thing to say.

Kuifje, I don't think she meant it that way, sometimes : sigh : can be feeling sad that's all....I do sigh once in a while when I'm feeling sad.. ;)

Cheri said:

John 1:1-5

1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

So, Jesus is really God Himself. When He was born on this earth, He was called the "Son of God". :)

Back