Gonna go NaNoWriMo

Well, everyone has their own way of writing. I spend a lot of my time freewriting when I get in those writing moods. I just write down whatever is on my mind and go with it. Although, none of it is ever revealed. Sometimes I wonder if I will be an Emily Dickinson. :lol:

A precursor to Columbine.

Have you noticed most highschool stories center around the kid who is picked on?

The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton.

In Grease the danger is that the coolest dude in school is suddenly at risk of being perceived as "Not THAT cool." And his fight to become himself without risking ridicule.

Problem is if you are the only one left alive it is hard not to become a suspect.

I loved the Outsiders. It was quite a change from the books for teens when it was first written.
Carrie is an another example. I had my short story compared to Carrie. My posioner was a college student but your comaparison still stands.

Well, everyone has their own way of writing. I spend a lot of my time freewriting when I get in those writing moods. I just write down whatever is on my mind and go with it. Although, none of it is ever revealed. Sometimes I wonder if I will be an Emily Dickinson. :lol:

If you have a morbid streak, yes you could be an Emily Dickinson. I love her but sometimes I think she's a bit morbid even for her era.

If you have a morbid streak, yes you could be an Emily Dickinson. I love her but sometimes I think she's a bit morbid even for her era.

I meant that in a sense that her writings were not discovered until AFTER she was dead. :lol:

I first heard about it two years ago. I was planning to do it this year, but I've signed for for intensive sign language classes starting in the same month instead (3hr classes 2 evenings a week). Gonna be too busy learning & practising to do it now. Maybe next year...

By Emily Dickenson

This is my letter to the World
That never wrote to Me --
The simple News that Nature told --
With tender Majesty

Her Message is committed
To Hands I cannot see --
For love of Her -- Sweet -- countrymen --
Judge tenderly -- of Me

Does it have to be a novel? I am more a humorous short story writer myself. No more than 700-1000 words, more of a columnist than a novel writer.

Does it have to be a novel? I am more a humorous short story writer myself. No more than 700-1000 words, more of a columnist than a novel writer.

I don't think you have to be novel writer or author. You can do it for just fun. You can write it and publish it online to share with your friends. That is what FictionPress is for. You should feel enjoy writing something you want to express. :)

My understanding was that you have to aim for 50,000 words over the month.

Right. If you have never done it before the idea of 50,000 words is intimidating. It is a hump to get over.

You could write two or three novellas of 10,000 to 30,000 words each and you would still have done it.

Ok, now that you put a number on it....idk....guess there is no harm in giving it a go. People are always saying 'You should write a book' and stuff like that, so yes. :ty: A.

Go for it. I'm listed in there somewhere as "The Boompa" and/or Michael Berryman.

I just signed up the other day.

hrmm....really considering trying out for this...not entirely sure what story I can write. Lol

Has anyone started writing? I began yesterday and got to 4028 words. Now, I'm trying not to start writing again today because I have too much other stuff to do! Once I start writing, I won't stop. Hehe.

50,000 words in a month CAN be intimidating, but they recommend you aim to write 1,667 words a day. That makes it a lot easier to approach. Some days you'll write more, some days you'll write less, but if you average out to 1,667 words a day, you'll have a 50,000 word novel by the end of November.

Now, the question is, will it be good? :D

Go for it Berry!

BeatriceB...just let the group know of your difficulty. There are actually some very easy ways for them to accomodate you.

Have you done the groups? What usually happens? Is everyone in a circle talking or does everyone just kind of cluster together but remain on their laptops writing?

Chuck Palahniuk started out in a small writing course and his work is pretty impressive. It's definitely worth a shot even if you don't plan on making money from it.

I'll tell you, my grammar could be better.

So it is day two of NaNoWriMo....

My wife is in the hospital, she tried to slip into a coma because here Ammonia levels are too high. She is doing well. Just got us all upset.

So far not a word written.

She is supposed to come home tomorrow.

I will try to make up the difference this weekend.

Will keep in touch.

Night.

Back