Golden Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't handle the fact it is messiah tech for her and others, especially those that are coming behind her!

No not at all.
i believe in total religious freedom. i don't care if you believe in christ, or are a scientologists.... or believe in CI messiah technology i don't..care
i just don't care...
im actually so much a radical lover of freedom im one of the few you will ever meet that will tell you straight i don't care if you want to go shag a goat or sheep...
i don't care..i just don't
i only care when those beliefs are pushed on others.
then i care...

how many Deaf do you know? do you knwo our language? are you a part of our culture?

NO..
so what ever you state regarding what we do is well...
not much.

yes the future terrifies you
we know...(roll eyes)
My future involves a CI as soon as my hearing crosses the qualification threshold. So of course I am interested in them. The technology just keeps getting more refined.

My future involves a CI as soon as my hearing crosses the qualification threshold. So of course I am interested in them. The technology just keeps getting more refined.

then don't post your psychic thoughts on what you may think others are thinking or afraid off..

instead engage them in their statements and their ideas..

Seem pretty concerned about the future to me.

of course WE Deaf are concerned about our future...

no one can read my posts and come away with the idea im not concerned and Deaf are not concerned...
oh yeah
we are very concerned.

did you just finally get it?

The answer to your question is those of your ilk need to follow NAD's lead a be more open minded and adaptable.

of course i and my culture are concerned about our future...
The answer to your question is those of your ilk need to follow NAD's lead a be more open minded and adaptable.

and how does that answer my question to you?
since according to you

cnice said:
"you cant stop mit, and harvard",

and

cnice said:
"Well its coming whether you like it or not".

then i ask YOU where does that leave choice
?

since your not Deaf and not one of us, don't know our language and care little of our cultural ways and beliefs...

you have NO say regarding what we should do or shouldn't do..

Last edited:
Those who are totally close minded like yourself will find yourselves in an increasingly small world to answer your question but that will be your choice. Also as a representative of Deaf culture you represent it as close minded and reactionary, which does not do it much of a service.

Those who are totally close minded like yourself will find yourselves in an increasingly small world to answer your question but that will be your choice. Also as a representative of Deaf culture you represent it as close minded and reactionary, which does not do it much of a service.

im a moderate.
my statements on here are certainly moderate, if you ever kNown any Deaf you would know my position is NOT the extreme one
further
its not an extreme position that every born Deaf have sign language acquisition, that is actually natural position.
the extreme position is pre lingual implantation and denying sign language to Deaf babies and children

THAT IS THE EXTREME POSITION!
!

you have no experience at all in this field. or with us apparently, so your statements are all really worthless..considering your not even one of us...

furthur

since you wont stop slandering me,

ill state for you and all, our close mind here...

Deaf culture is the most open minded culture you will ever come across..
WE hold diversity to be a treasure.
WE don't want to live in a world of a one size fits all measured cookie cutter solution of what is tagged normal and what is deemed abnormal. and thus eradicated, hammered down, persecuted, wiped out..

WE hold that there is nothing at all wrong or abnormal or unnatural in being Deaf.
and to be Deaf is a birthright
that we have a right to be Deaf

WE want to share this world with you, with hearies, we want to share it with you..

it is our world too, and equally so,

we believe the loss of our culture will be a very tragic event for human beings and we are opposed to the clear cutting of cultures, ours and others, to render the world a one size fits all normal, bland, made in the factory, drilled in assimilation moving your beaks like a wee parrot hearie has to offer.....

instead

we want to share this world with you, even with the very ones who seek to rid the world of people like us.

that is how closed minded we are...

when ever you need to ask pls re read this post over and over and over and over again...

as for your closed mind?
its closed sure,
just not much a mind...

and it shows..

moving on....

Last edited:
considering your not even one of us...
If you are so open and devoted to diversity why are you constantly harping on the above and how your such an authority on Deaf culture. Since we don't belong how can our support of CIs harm you or anybody else? Also the children you harp on you did not have so they don't belong to you and you are not their parents,

If you are so open and devoted to diversity why are you constantly harping on the above ,

because obviously that is where diversity begins..
by accepting and recognizing minority cultures boundaries and their experience and wishes as valid.

i find it odd really after all im not the type to go to a blackboard or a women's board and tell them how it is, that they're statements are all full of it, they're history lies, they are present experience not valid, or what they should or shouldn't do after all im not a women and i'm not black,

why would i do that?

but that's me i guess...

do you do that?
are you on other cultures and races forums wagging your finger at them on what they should be doing? and demanding they accept your statements as valid even though your not one of them?
do you?
i mean besides here?

and how your such an authority on Deaf culture.

i'm not an authority but i have quoted and posted cites and references to works that have been written by authorities in this field yes.
after all i'm just that shadow with a cigarette, a Deaf guy who knows whats at stake.

Since we don't belong how can our support of CIs harm you or anybody else?

because by supporting the combined system financially and by your religious conviction that supports the very actions the combined system perpetrates on Deaf, who are denied sign language acquisition and are kept away form other Deaf so that they don't revert back to being deaf"

Also the children you harp on you did not have so they don't belong to you and you are not their parents,

since i only reply to your posts on here,(almost always you start the threads an dim replying) again you keep posting videos of children so your the one harping
i'm merely replying here to your posts

Deaf children have a right to be Deaf
they have a birthright to sign language!!

Last edited:
wagging yoru finger at them on what they should be doing?
Well that is interesting since your are wagging you finger at CI users & especially parents of CI kids about their choices for themselves and to raise their children. You speak of offering alternatives but get upset if those parents and adults make a alternative decision as if they have to choose your way.

It isn't necessary to tease at members.

Not all deaf people are candidate for CI - you must be severe to profoundly deaf to qualify, also insurance companies may have additional requirement, such as require you to meet with VR counselor to try hearing aids first, but insurance companies could deny to cover if they don't believe that you will be benefit from CI.

The oral language isn't for everyone, it could be successful with some people, but unsuccessful with some people, if they are struggling or unable to speak in sentence but not learn to use sign language and communication in writing/typing so you could get in trouble with state, possibly in custody under state department of mental health or mandatory rehabilitation.

It isn't necessary to tease at members.
True but the main issue is regardless of cultural concerns a great deal of the members here are members of the bigger group of those with hearing issues. There are just some of us interested in and are users of cybernetic technology as a way to address those issues.

Well that is interesting since your are wagging you finger at CI users & especially parents of CI kids about their choices for themselves and to raise their children. You speak of offering alternatives but get upset if those parents and adults make a alternative decision as if they have to choose your way.

you fail to get the fundamental issue
which is DENYING sign language to Deaf babies and children.
that is colonialism
that is what is termed ethnocide..
and again
WE oppose it..

again in regards to this issue for you its product loyalty and religious conviction
for US its our children and our cultures future at stake...

True but the main issue is regardless of cultural concerns a great deal of the members here are members of the bigger group of those with hearing issues. There are just some of us interested in and are users of cybernetic technology as a way to address those issues.

that is NOT what the issue is,

unless your posting vids of children for your own viewing pleasure and they are not at all related to the wider discussion on here?

you know full well this discussion is about things greater then your fetish for CI,

your actively engaged in pushing your fetish on others of another culture, who oppose it
thus you will be engaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back